Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fraeye - How long, what next?

Comments

• LoOkOuT said:

Nobody actually knows

So you don't know either? But you knew the other day, supposedly, because you knew others to be wrong.
    I should have been more explicit - I mean nobody actually knows who 'actually' is head of recruitment if such a person exists. I was stating that KF was not that 'person'.
    Do you see the contradiction here? I mean, honestly, there's less than ten words between the two statements. It's almost like you're on a wind up..
  • How can anyone, even RD and KM appoint a manager who

As I have said elsewhere and others believe, RD is here for the long term given his investment so far. His ideas are flawed and will not succeed unless he changes tack in many areas but especially in player budget. There is little point in appointing head coaches (we will not get an ‘English’ type manager) and not backing them with sufficient funds for a full squad that can compete in this league.
    There is much debate and uninformed ‘beliefs’ that KF is, or has, or in part been responsible for recruitment. Nobody actually knows but, if it is believed that KF and JE have put together a ‘wish list’ and, presuming the remaining/new scouting system and JE’s home knowledge have some handle on it, then the January sales should get us the 4 or more fit and able players that we badly need.

No, you are wrong.

KF WAS responsible for the player recruitment. I and others have been told that by various sources.

It is NOT uninformed beliefs at all.

Yes, you met him and had a chat (the contents of which you will not disclose) and he is a nice chap.

He may well be a nice chap, he is a poor coach and an even worse talent spotter.
    Who are your sources that have told you our interim coach was responsible for player recruitment? Firstly, I find it very bizarre that any club would allow an interim coach to make signings - surely that is an irresponsible practice to agree to?

Secondly, KM has been quoted on more than one occasion saying that SHE and RD are responsible for player recruitment - the only example of which I can find right now is from an interview she did with the BBC

Having installed countryman Bob Peeters as head coach in May 2014, she (KM) and Mr Duchatelet now look for suitable players, with the coach getting "an input".

That in itself is worrying. Before Charlton she worked in a law firm. Now, she is choosing which players come into the club. With the greatest of respect Karren Brady who has earned the respect of almost every male football fan in England, doesn't even do that. And lets not forget it was KM who not so long ago was quoted as saying, "Law is a different world. I don’t want to go back. You should never say never - but this (Charlton) is so much more fun."

Yeah.....it's a right barrel of laughs love!
  • LoOkOuT said:

Nobody actually knows

So you don't know either? But you knew the other day, supposedly, because you knew others to be wrong.
    I should have been more explicit - I mean nobody actually knows who 'actually' is head of recruitment if such a person exists. I was stating that KF was not that 'person'.
    prove it
    Playground response Henry - not worthy of you :-)
    Not at all.

You state that you know for a fact that KF is not head of recruitment but offer no evidence, no proof.

You had a chat in the Cray Wanderers club house when he convinced you he was not head of recruitment but will not say why?

Balls in your court, Nigel.
    Dear Henry, I know that you understand about what is said in confidence and, rather like you when Richard Murray chats to Bromley Addicks, I would rather not say. For the record I have been told many things that I cannot repeat but I am not surprised by any of it.

So do you have evidence and proof that you want to share, apart from the meagre offerings that you have shared before?
    Sadly not many people will believe or perhaps consider might be true (although I can understand why) anything that comes from Belgium!

30 15 to me I think :-)
  • LoOkOuT said:

Nobody actually knows

prove it
    Not at all.

You state that you know for a fact that KF is not head of recruitment but offer no evidence, no proof.

You had a chat in the Cray Wanderers club house when he convinced you he was not head of recruitment but will not say why?

Dear Henry, I know that you understand about what is said in confidence and, rather like you when Richard Murray chats to Bromley Addicks, I would rather not say. For the record I have been told many things that I cannot repeat but I am not surprised by any of it.

So do you have evidence and proof that you want to share, apart from the meagre offerings that you have shared before?
    Sadly not many people will believe or perhaps consider might be true (although I can understand why) anything that comes from Belgium!

It's not a game.

KF it responsible for the recruitment of the players.
  • LoOkOuT said:

Nobody actually knows

prove it
    Not at all.

It's not a game.

Okay I am happy to drop the tennis game thingy that you started (blimey I am sounding a little 'playground' like you).
    So no proof Henry but it does not matter because you will keep on repeating your assertions no matter what anyone else says. But such is your following that others will believe you so be content with that eh.
    Sorry if readers find this stuff boring - I know that I am starting to!
  • KF was responsible for the player recruitment
  • LoOkOuT said:

Nobody actually knows

prove it
    Not at all.

It's not a game.

So which players has our interim manager been responsible for signing?
  • LoOkOuT said:

Nobody actually knows

prove it
    Not at all.

Guh
  • LoOkOuT said:

Nobody actually knows

prove it
    Not at all.

Guh
    Exactly :neutral:
  • LoOkOuT said:

Nobody actually knows

prove it
    Not at all.

It's not a game.

Okay I am happy to drop the tennis game thingy that you started (blimey I am sounding a little 'playground' like you).
    So no proof Henry but it does not matter because you will keep on repeating your assertions no matter what anyone else says. But such is your following that others will believe you so be content with that eh.
    what is Henry, a cult leader? Has he brainwashed us all into believing everything he says is true?

I'm more inclined to believe Henry than I would most other posters as I know he has good sources who would know whether or not for certain that KF was Head of Player Recruitment.

• Sponsored links:

• LoOkOuT said:

Nobody actually knows

prove it
    Not at all.

It's not a game.

what is Henry, a cult leader? Has he brainwashed us all into believing everything he says is true?

I'm more inclined to believe Henry than I would most other posters as I know he has good sources who would know whether or not for certain that KF was Head of Player Recruitment.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying I don't believe Henry, but I would like more evidence. Most interim managers are not given the responsibility of signing AND getting rid of players for obvious reasons....add to that the fact that KM has herself, on several occasions, stated that it is her and RD who do the recruiting, and the fact that KF has only been in temporary charge of us for 8 games....i'm interested to know how Henry knows this about KF and as I've already asked, if this is true, who has KF 'signed'?
  • LoOkOuT said:

Nobody actually knows

prove it
    Not at all.

It's not a game.

Fair enough I can understand that. It does seem a little that he has 'followers' and, if he has then I would just say that he is not infallible but I still like him!
  • edited December 2015
    I do know from a family friend who was doing some work with the club at the time, that KF was at the club "assessing" our squad whilst CP was still manager, so I am inclined to believe Henry(and others) that he has at the very least had some serious involvement in our transfer dealings since then.
  • LoOkOuT said:

Nobody actually knows

prove it
    Not at all.

Don't want to stick my nose in an argument (says I sticking my nose in) but if you have been told things you can't repeat why would you mention it?
  • Don't want to stick my nose in an argument (says I sticking my nose in) but if you have been told things you can't repeat why would you mention it?
    I think you are right and I should not have mentioned it.

I do know from a family friend who was doing some work with the club at the time, that KF was at the club "assessing" our squad whilst CP was still manager, so I am inclined to believe Henry(and others) that he has at the very least had some serious involvement in our transfer dealings since then.

Yes he probable was there assessing the players which would be a reasonable thing for RD to ask him to do - whatever we think of RD, in my opinion.
  • I do know from a family friend who was doing some work with the club at the time, that KF was at the club "assessing" our squad whilst CP was still manager, so I am inclined to believe Henry(and others) that he has at the very least had some serious involvement in our transfer dealings since then.

Well in that case, not only has he demonstrated he can't manage the team, he's also demonstrated he's not a very good scout either, as most of the players brought into the club in the past 24 months have been utter crap! More reason for him to go
  • edited December 2015

Perhaps RD has said to him, 'You've had serious input into me signing most of the dross on my network books now sort it out or else you'll be on your bike as well'.....................Oh please let this be true and RD has a complete rethink on his current destruction of the club I love, bins off KF and KM and reverts to the tried and trusted way of running a Championship club without interfering with the new staff who should know the drill.
  • braydex said:

LoOkOuT said:

Nobody actually knows

prove it
    Not at all.

It's not a game.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying I don't believe Henry, but I would like more evidence. Most interim managers are not given the responsibility of signing AND getting rid of players for obvious reasons....add to that the fact that KM has herself, on several occasions, stated that it is her and RD who do the recruiting, and the fact that KF has only been in temporary charge of us for 8 games....i'm interested to know how Henry knows this about KF and as I've already asked, if this is true, who has KF 'signed'?
    It is suggested that KF has been responsible for player recruitment since RD took over so can be blamed for Nego, Polish Pete etc
  • I think the first thing we actually need to start believing is that Fraye is not an interim anything. He will be with us just like any other manager until he fails and is sacked. There is no process taking place to source a new coach.

If he keeps us up he will remain next season and if not my bet is he will be replaced. No difference to any other failed manager.
  • what is clear is RD did not fancy Riga after he kept us up so why does he think KF is better than Riga?

He is not and its clear so the only conclusion I can come to is Riga would not do as he was told and Fraeye will. Therefore to me RD is putting his own business plan (selling players at a profit) over the needs for the club to progress which is the main reason I am so disheartened and worried about our future.

Why is it clear RD did not fancy Riga ? I think the job was already offered to Peeters but Peeters couldn't join until the seasons end. Riga really was an interim. Pity because I think he was a good fit for us.

I have never really thought along the lines that bp may have already been offered the job but would make sense as I can't see another reason apart from control why Riga did not keep the job.

• Sponsored links:

• The bloke is a walking disaster, completely useless and way out of his depth, just like every other Belgian associated with our club.

Sadly I believe that demonstrations, writing letters/emails etc are now a complete waste of time, they continue to laugh at us and take the piss. The only way to hit these people is in the pocket, be it not coming or if you do come not spending money at the ground.

By hitting them where it hurts it may just make them wake up and smell the coffee but if it doesn't at least we will be better off!
  • I think the first thing we actually need to start believing is that Fraye is not an interim anything. He will be with us just like any other manager until he fails and is sacked. There is no process taking place to source a new coach.

If he keeps us up he will remain next season and if not my bet is he will be replaced. No difference to any other failed manager.

Surely that is now?
  • Don't want to stick my nose in an argument (says I sticking my nose in) but if you have been told things you can't repeat why would you mention it?

Yes he probable was there assessing the players which would be a reasonable thing for RD to ask him to do - whatever we think of RD, in my opinion.

Yep, it's perfectly reasonable, while a manager is already place, to ask a Belgian fourth division manager with no English football experience to assess the squad of a Championship team you've just bought. There's nothing insane about that whatsoever. And considering we subsequently sold Dale Stephens and Yann Kermorgant and replaced them with Polish Pete, Yohann Thuram and Loic Nego I think it's safe to say he made a right bollocks of his assessment
    Blimey KF's coach/managership has dropped from third to fourth now.... Anyway I think your deduction that his assessment, if that is what is was, resulted in all these transfer dealings is suspect to say the least and it has not been made public who made these decisions. Whoever did make these decisions is insane and needs shooting!

Surely that is now?
    Well I suppose it's what criteria you use. I suspect failure will be not saving us from the drop.

• _nam11 said:

Difficult thing is, I doubt we will be appealing to the type of manager we all want.

To get the manager we all want means getting the chairman we all want/need.
    Who's the Chairman we all want then? Sheikh Whatshisname?
    Someone who wants to promote the club into the Premier League.
  • dickplumb said:

Why does everyone think that three decent players would come to us in January? There is a very good chance that we are heading for the First Division.

We don't need 3 world beaters, just 3 Championship experienced journeymen. Looking at the teams around us, it should be enough to keep us up, especially if we can finally get Igor fit. Not an exciting ambition, but needs must...
    I would hope that the club listen to Euell.

Imports will tell us his imput in things.

Yep, it's perfectly reasonable, while a manager is already place, to ask a Belgian fourth division manager with no English football experience to assess the squad of a Championship team you've just bought. There's nothing insane about that whatsoever. And considering we subsequently sold Dale Stephens and Yann Kermorgant and replaced them with Polish Pete, Yohann Thuram and Loic Nego I think it's safe to say he made a right bollocks of his assessment
    So so true.