Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fraeye - How long, what next?

Was just thinking.....am I the only one who thinks he will be made head coach regardless of results?

We have Brighton away and Leeds at home. I don't see us taking anything away from Brighton and maybe a point at home to Leeds? That would probably leave us in the relegation zone again.

Do you think he will be made head coach after that or do you think he will be given the boot? Or will they wait and see what result we get from playing bottom club, Bolton? I just have this feeling they will appoint him regardless of where we are or how well we are doing. But maybe i'm wrong? Will we have an 'interim' manager until the end of the season? Surely if they appoint another manager they will realise how un-professional they look? I just don't know what's going to happen. I keep looking at the official CAFC site, half expecting to see 'Breaking News' KF made Head Coach until the end of the season......

How long is it acceptable to have an 'interim head coach'? Does the fact he's not been given the job yet affect the players? Are they wavering?

So many questions......

Comments

• braydex said:

Was just thinking.....am I the only one who thinks he will be made head coach regardless of results?

No. I think most of us realise he will be ( or already is) head coach.
  • Interim until end of season. No announcement to be made is my guess

Which would make him our longest serving coach under Roland....
    which makes it rather unlikely ... although KF is probably cheaper than the others
  • He will limp on until the end of December, then he will have a very bad run and be sacked/made uninterim at the end of January meaning the window is closed and the new victim/fall guy is buggered.

I think this is pretty much on the money with the only proviso being should we now go on a bad losing streak until January. I think he will then be gone.

• cfgs said:

He will limp on until the end of December, then he will have a very bad run and be sacked/made uninterim at the end of January meaning the window is closed and the new victim/fall guy is buggered.

My guess too. They will have sack him after we concede four or five in a home game.
  • The problem is that unless he comes good there is little hope for us this season. We are not going to get an influx of new players and we are not going to get another manager with any credentials. If Fraeye does not work out there is no likely outcome than relegation.

• Sponsored links:

• It's a strange one.

If the results had been good enough since he was appointed, then he would have got the job. I suspect a win against Ipswich might have been enough
    If the results had been terrible, then he would probably have not got the job, as not even RD wouldn't appoint someone if he lost his first 4 or 5 matches and we were terrible.

Instead, we've gone LLWWL, so we're kind of waiting for the inevitable...
  • Getting rid of this bloke should be our focus IMO. Nothing against him personally, but this is the straw that has alienated most of the supporters I know. Appointing a manager we know and who has the experience to do the job would demonstrate that the club is listening and is beginning to understand what is required in this league.
    The rest of the various aims do not have full support and this is an aim that we can all unite behind.
  • Just waiting for another interim from RD's network to get the boot and become available.
  • Wasnt Carsley in temporary charge at Brentford for 2 months? I expect him here till Jan
  • I was convinced had we beaten Ipswich (three consecutive wins) KF would have been 'promoted' to 'head coach' (de-interimed)
    Unfortunately we got tonked again and KM/RD decided against.
    He may still get the job, but it will require a decent run of victories (or at least avoiding defeat)
    If we're in the bottom three come January, a new man will come in..............
  • The last 2 Coaches got the push just days after Katrien gave then a vote of confidence.
    Will she get her hat trick any time soon ?
    Or will Fraeye go on to get a stand named after him ?

The former is favourite.
  • Sponsored links:

• Did anyone disagree with the team picked Saturday or the substitutions.? Personally I would have taken Mak off at halftime with Fox. Apart from that it's worth pointing out that the players were to blame and not the manager ( on this occasion ). Watt is a bad egg and needs to grow up, so sending him out is also a good thing IMO.

What, no announcement? Pretty safe bet that one Henners :wink:
  • masicat said:

Did anyone disagree with the team picked Saturday or the substitutions.? Personally I would have taken Mak off at halftime with Fox. Apart from that it's worth pointing out that the players were to blame and not the manager ( on this occasion ). Watt is a bad egg and needs to grow up, so sending him out is also a good thing IMO.

Yes, and the tactics were wrong. It was a Mick M team. Unlike SW and BC they do not play with wingers, they lump it down the middle and by pass our midfield meaning Gudders was isolated at the point of the diamond midfield. Big Mac was always going to struggle to do anything but get a flick on against their centre halves and to whom? With our front two splitting left and right they would always be too far apart.
    I would have played Rezza and Lookman up front and played 4-4-2.
    A bit early to tell, but have we another manager with a plan A and no plan B?
  • edited December 2015

It's a strange one.

If the results had been good enough since he was appointed, then he would have got the job. I suspect a win against Ipswich might have been enough
    If the results had been terrible, then he would probably have not got the job, as not even RD wouldn't appoint someone if he lost his first 4 or 5 matches and we were terrible.

Instead, we've gone LLWWL, so we're kind of waiting for the inevitable...

I reckon that wouldn't stop RD. He'd probably say something like (through KM of course)

'KF took over the team at a very tumultuous time. He was unable to arrest the slide that had already set in under GL. Although results have not improved, we sense a degree of improved confidence amongst the squad. This, coupled with the high number of targets we have identified as potential signings in the January transfer window, has led the board to believe KF is the right man to take us forward. As a result we have given him a contract until the end of the 16/17 season

Now shove your 2% leaflets up your backsides and enjoy the next installment.'
  • My reading of the current situation is simple. We now know that Fraeye is not the answer, and the fact that we apparently interviewed Dennis Wise last week probably means that Roland is probably aware that the the Club is deep in the nasty stuff. He must also realise that appointing somebody with no experience of, or qualification for running a Business, let alone a Football Club in a foreign (to them) country, was a big mistake. Sometime before January we are going to see change, I'm expecting it to be that Katrien announces that she has found something else that she has always wanted to do for a living. Roland will reluctantly accept her decision, and praise the wonderful work she has done, before presenting her with the bloody sofa instead of a clock. He will then send us his son as CEO, who will appoint a British manager.Mystic Meg, eat your heart out.
  • Granpa said:

and the fact that we apparently interviewed Dennis Wise last week

oh my God, no. If he was then at least they realise we need someone else but there are far, far, far better candidates out there than Dennis.

Granpa said:

and the fact that we apparently interviewed Dennis Wise last week

oh my God, no. If he was then at least they realise we need someone else but there are far, far, far better candidates out there than Dennis.

Dennis Wise??!! Final, undeniable proof that they really have no clue what they're doing!!