Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fraeye - How long, what next?

Comments

• Just another out of their depth bungling Belgian.
  • There are rumours circulating that Fraeye has the job permamently now but waiting for a more appropriate time to unleash that news... I think it's someone working for the club that started it but they're not too 'high up' so to speak, so I'd definitely take it with a pinch of salt but it would not surprise me one jot.

Article in the SLP by Cawley today where he said lets drop the interim tag which I took to mean Fraeye had the job. They are just waiting for two or three consecutive good results to announce it which will mean he will still be interim come May. We are a joke, a basket case.
  • There are rumours circulating that Fraeye has the job permamently now but waiting for a more appropriate time to unleash that news... I think it's someone working for the club that started it but they're not too 'high up' so to speak, so I'd definitely take it with a pinch of salt but it would not surprise me one jot.

Article in the SLP by Cawley today where he said lets drop the interim tag which I took to mean Fraeye had the job. They are just waiting for two or three consecutive good results to announce it which will mean he will still be interim come May. We are a joke, a basket case.
    Luckily for us they won't get the two or three consecutive good results :-)

IMO they will try to join it up with Lookman signing a new contract or similar, that or a surprise win away from home or something like that.. I believe the rumour to be true. Quite shameful really, an interim coach should have to perform well to get the job long term, not get it regardless - don't know why they bothered lying in the first place, he was never planned to be interim.

If true he is likely, publicly at least, to remain 'Interim' until the end of the season when his contract will not be renewed as we will not be able to afford a man of his distinction in League One.
  • I would like to know what the rose-tinted brigade reckon on the managers we have had since the Belgians took over.
    I'm not bothered about how long Fraeye is here for, why should I when he will be replaced by someone as inept as he is.
  • I hate to say it but we need a Warnock, Allardice or Pulis right now to dig us out of this shit.

It doesn't matter who is the "head coach" at the moment if they can't sign players experienced in the Championship. A Big Sam or Pulis would look at our squad and shake their head. Ba, Bergdych, Makienok, Sarr, a load of kids, outcasts like Moussa
  • After the Ipswich game KF stated that he couldn't believe we had lost and that the stats didn't back up the result. In tonights notes he said about the Leeds game that it was a step in the right direction.
    Either he is completely delusional, has no idea about football reality or he's a lying spin doctor like his illustrious boss. I believe it's a mix of all 3.
  • So what is the master plan here?

Sack Luzon in October given enough time to search and find the coach to take us forward. Instead we get an interim not qualified for the job with 2/3 of the season left to play.

Where's the ambition? Where's the plan? I just don't get it.

Sack Luzon in October given enough time to search and find the coach to take us forward. Instead we get an interim not qualified for the job with 2/3 of the season left to play.

Questionable ambition, questionable plan.

There is no plan. They are winging it. RD may think he knows football, but the Championship isn't a tin pot European league like he is used to. It's a highly competitive division where you need a mix of talent and experience throughout your playing squad and coaching team.
  • Sponsored links:

• I was saying this to a mate at uni who is a blade. Neil Warnock is the type of manager we need and yes I would rather have a Nigel Pearson or Gary Monk but realistically they are not going to come to us are they? Why would they? Warnock is much more likely to come to us and he would be a hell of a lot better then the shower of sh*t we have had down here the last 18 months.
  • All those mentioned regardless of whether they would be our manager or not, would cost far more then the £32K KF is on as a network employee.

There is no plan. Duchatelet and Meire strategy is a clueless emperor new clothes. They are making it up as they go along. They have a general idea, but no real clue what they are doing. It is incompetency writ large.
  • braydex said:

braydex said:

and do I feel guilty for smirking when we lose at the moment? I did, yes. But not anymore. Because genetically, we all have a built in 'I told you so' emotion.

Each to their own but I genuinely don't know how any supporter can think that.

I desperately want Charlton owned differently, run differently and managed differently, but nowhere near as much as I want to be proved completely wrong and Fraeye turns out to be some magician and Charlton win every game.

Like you say, each to their own and to be honest, like you, I know who will and wont agree with me. But...the reason for admitting publicly on this forum that I 'smirk' when we lose, admit that i'm just a little bit pleased when we lose, is because I know that others feel the same. KF is not the right man to manage the team. He was gifted the position and it was again, a very poor decision by RD and KM to appoint him. I don't want him to be our manager on an interim or full time basis, and the only way that MAY happen is if the team keep losing. I know that's hard to accept but it's true.

I'm with you mate.
  • Difficult thing is, I doubt we will be appealing to the type of manager we all want.
  • _nam11 said:

Difficult thing is, I doubt we will be appealing to the type of manager we all want.

To get the manager we all want means getting the chairman we all want/need.
  • What did he have to say in press conference afterwards
  • What did he have to say in press conference afterwards

From the BBC Sport Website Charlton interim head coach Karel Fraeye:

"A point against Bolton at home is useless.
    "We played good football up to 32 minutes. Maybe my players were over-confident and we forgot how we managed to get to 2-0 by playing football. And we got punished.
    "I am not disappointed - I am angry. When we play Bolton at home, it is up to us to dictate the play. We can't be happy with what we did on the ball."
  • Sponsored links:

• I hate to say it but we need a Warnock, Allardice or Pulis right now to dig us out of this shit.

Why would any manager of that calibre risk their reputation at Charlton by having to play a bunch of players picked up by an invisible scouting network?

If a manager is going to fail, let them fail with players they've chosen.

• The longer we leave it, the further our chances of finding a quality manager diminish. Why would anyone with a decent record or reputation take such an obvious lame duck?

If we'd done the requisite work hiring someone with the correct credentials nearly two months ago (cough, Paul, cough, Lambert), this would probably be a very different picture. Blackburn are up to 3rd in the form table, and look very steady now.
  • All those mentioned regardless of whether they would be our manager or not, would cost far more then the £32K KF is on as a network employee.

Luzon was only getting 50k, so that wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.
  • Rob62 said:

All those mentioned regardless of whether they would be our manager or not, would cost far more then the £32K KF is on as a network employee.

Luzon was only getting 50k, so that wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.
    Where has this figure come from ? I doubt RD is paying top dollar but I really doubt that a head coach of a championship club is earning less than £1000 a week.

• Has this interim manager already been here longer than Riga? Cos if he was worth sacking...
  • If by some miracle we decided to interview a British manager for the job, who the
    hell on the senior management side has the ability or knowhow to interview them?
  • If by some miracle we decided to interview a British manager for the job, who the
    hell on the senior management side has the ability or knowhow to interview them?

Muzza?.......Oh hang on a minute, scrap that.
  • “It is what it is,” said Fraeye. “Impossible since I arrived."

So the interim one, by his own admission, is not up to the job.

Why would any manager of that calibre risk their reputation at Charlton by having to play a bunch of players picked up by an invisible scouting network?

If a manager is going to fail, let them fail with players they've chosen.
    That's the key point, you look at Aston Villa and they've done exactly the same as us, buying young "promising" players from Europe and giving them to the Head Coach.

An experienced British manager would still fail unless he has complete control of transfers
  • Clearly the owner places no importance at all on who's put in place to "manage" the team - he cannot seriously believe that many, if any of the stooges from his harem have truly been the most appropriate choice available to take the club forward. His appointments clearly show that he sees it as far more important to have in place someone he knows will just occupy the position without creating a fuss and who understands his own bizarre, misguided approach.

That said the abuse of Freye at the whistle was bang out of order - direct your anger where it's most deserved.