Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fraeye - How long, what next?

Comments

• That has to be bullshit of the highest order

Or Roland will turn up and rip his skin off to reveal himself as Simon Jordan at the unveiling of Dennis Wise as manager shouting out "enjoy league one you tosser" to a gobsmacked RM

Wise will then use his contacts at Millwall to beg some if their youth players to drop down a division and join us on loan.

Truly dystopian.

• So how long should a losing
    Granpa said:

and the fact that we apparently interviewed Dennis Wise last week .

This is not a criticism at all, but just wondered where you heard this from? Just trying to establish if this is carries any weight?
  • braydex said:

So how long should a losing

Granpa said:

This is not a criticism at all, but just wondered where you heard this from? Just trying to establish if this is carries any weight?
    If Granpa said it, it must be true.

• dickplumb said:

braydex said:

So how long should a losing

Granpa said:

If Granpa said it, it must be true.

Bugger.
  • Maybe the issue is that we're trying to get Adamo Coulibaly in as our new Manager... The problem is he's got so many Agents, we're just getting to the end of the introductions before talks can actually begin
  • What confuses me is that if we have "interviewed" Dennis Wise for the job of head coach presumably we have also interviewed others yet none of their names have slipped out. Why Wise ? Not really known to the Belgians so a choice completely out of left field. If we were actively looking there would be any number of names that spring to mind before Dennis the Menace.

If Wise has been in contact with the club I wonder if there is some other role in prospect ? Question. Is DW actively involved in football these days in some capacity ?
  • The last spotting of Wise was at the opening of Gianfranco Zola's new ice cream store in Bromley a month ago

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3312027/Chelsea-legend-Gianfranco-Zola-opens-ice-cream-store-south-London-help-friends-Dennis-Wise-Roberto-Di-Matteo-Andriy-Shevchenko.html

Come to think of it Zola and Di Matteo are also unemployed managers at the moment!
  • No thanks to Zola. His teams don't play in the Charlton way.
  • Sponsored links:

• Have recently twice heard wise being talked about on the radio as being linked with the QPR job. I'm sure one mentioned he was actually a QPR fan but I'm not sure of that.
    Could the rumours about our talks with him have been put around by wises "people" as a hurry up and get me to QPR?
  • edited December 2015
    cabbles said:

It's a strange one.

If the results had been good enough since he was appointed, then he would have got the job. I suspect a win against Ipswich might have been enough
    If the results had been terrible, then he would probably have not got the job, as not even RD wouldn't appoint someone if he lost his first 4 or 5 matches and we were terrible.

Instead, we've gone LLWWL, so we're kind of waiting for the inevitable...

I reckon that wouldn't stop RD. He'd probably say something like (through KM of course)

'KF took over the team at a very tumultuous time. He was unable to arrest the slide that had already set in under GL. Although results have not improved, we sense a degree of improved confidence amongst the squad. This, coupled with the high number of targets we have identified as potential signings in the January transfer window, has led the board to believe KF is the right man to take us forward. As a result we have given him a contract until the end of the 16/17 season

Now shove your 2% leaflets up your backsides and enjoy the next installment.'
    "The overwhelming feeling was that Phil Karel was the best man to lead us and rescue us from our current plight. With 20 28 matches remaining this season, we were aware that time was an issue, particularly with the January transfer window opening. Phil Karel knows the players, knows the strengths and weaknesses of the side and has huge Football League experience. Perhaps most importantly, he is a strong character and knows how to battle against adversity."
  • colin1961 said:

masicat said:

Did anyone disagree with the team picked Saturday or the substitutions.? Personally I would have taken Mak off at halftime with Fox. Apart from that it's worth pointing out that the players were to blame and not the manager ( on this occasion ). Watt is a bad egg and needs to grow up, so sending him out is also a good thing IMO.

Think if you looked at his first three fixtures on present form who would have said two wins out of three .....
    So at the moment he on the plus side of he can any result at Brighton and he will get the job till end of the season ...people are forgetting that the players like him , Jackson said some very good things about him from his first visit to this time so sometimes you have to take the players view more then results !!!
    Saturday is only mistake was not putting Ba on for Jackson and leaving everyone else alone ... as we had started quite well
    Leaving aside the nonsense about his first three fixtures, I agree he should have brought Ba on for Jackson. Ba looked much better in Fraeye's modified formation against the massives. Perhaps he felt Solly would add a touch of leadership that Ba wouldn't but it unbalanced the side in my view.
  • Have recently twice heard wise being talked about on the radio as being linked with the QPR job. I'm sure one mentioned he was actually a QPR fan but I'm not sure of that.
    Could the rumours about our talks with him have been put around by wises "people" as a hurry up and get me to QPR?

Sounds like the QPR job is JFH's, but have also heard Wise being talked up a lot recently with Wilkins as a possible assistant - not for us I might add.
  • Don't necessarily want KF out. We need stability.

It's RD who needs to change.
  • braydex said:

Was just thinking.....am I the only one who thinks he will be made head coach regardless of results?

Parkinson was without a win in six matches as caretaker when he was given the "permanent" job.

• If Fraeye is to continue to the end of the season I'd like to see us bring in a defensive coach. Our defending this season has been shocking. Solly and Fox have regressed since last season.
  • If Fraeye is to continue to the end of the season I'd like to see us bring in a defensive coach. Our defending this season has been shocking. Solly and Fox have regressed since last season.

Solly has been awful for weeks now.
  • Record after 6 matches:-

3-0 Lost
    1-0 Lost
    3-1 Won
    0-1 Won
    0-3 Lost
    3-2 Lost

Next four games will settle his future.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dansk_Red said:

Record after 6 matches:-

3-0 Lost
    1-0 Lost
    3-1 Won
    0-1 Won
    0-3 Lost
    3-2 Lost

Next two I'd say. Leeds and Preston at home. Must win games.
  • Dansk_Red said:

3-0 Lost
    1-0 Lost
    3-1 Won
    0-1 Won
    0-3 Lost
    3-2 Lost

Under normal ownership yes. What happens under the moron that is running the club is anybody's guess.
  • Dansk_Red said:

3-0 Lost
    1-0 Lost
    3-1 Won
    0-1 Won
    0-3 Lost
    3-2 Lost

Next two I'd say. Leeds and Preston at home. Must win games.
    Leeds and Bolton you mean
  • Nothing will change until we get new owners. If KF goes he'll just be replaced by another unknown but cheap coach.
    Ludicrous state of affairs..
  • "I never failed once. It just happened to be a 2000-step process." ~ Thomas Edison RD