Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fraeye - How long, what next?

Comments

• Granpa said:

and the fact that we apparently interviewed Dennis Wise last week

oh my God, no. If he was then at least they realise we need someone else but there are far, far, far better candidates out there than Dennis.

I very much doubt that is true. No way he'd accept a manager's contract on less than £50k a year.
  • Rob62 said:

Granpa said:

oh my God, no. If he was then at least they realise we need someone else but there are far, far, far better candidates out there than Dennis.

I very much doubt that is true. No way he'd accept a manager's contract on less than £50k a year.
    Or a 5 month contract.
  • @colin1961, we played well for 10 minutes, JJ (who you dislike and think is over the hill and crap) then went off and we fell to bits. Fraeye made more than 1 mistake and we paid for it...big time.....sorry mate its time he went, just because the players like him doesn't make him a good manager, I like most of my direct reports, but if they cant do the job well enough I have to get rid, or I will be the one chopped!!
  • Missed It said:

Granpa said:

Dennis Wise??!! Final, undeniable proof that they really have no clue what they're doing!!
    I'm sure KM will be of the opinion that it was a very wise decision :wink:
  • cabbles said:

It's a strange one.

If the results had been good enough since he was appointed, then he would have got the job. I suspect a win against Ipswich might have been enough
    If the results had been terrible, then he would probably have not got the job, as not even RD wouldn't appoint someone if he lost his first 4 or 5 matches and we were terrible.

Instead, we've gone LLWWL, so we're kind of waiting for the inevitable...

I reckon that wouldn't stop RD. He'd probably say something like (through KM of course)

'KF took over the team at a very tumultuous time. He was unable to arrest the slide that had already set in under GL. Although results have not improved, we sense a degree of improved confidence amongst the squad. This, coupled with the high number of targets we have identified as potential signings in the January transfer window, has led the board to believe KF is the right man to take us forward. As a result we have given him a contract until the end of the 16/17 season

Now shove your 2% leaflets up your backsides and enjoy the next installment.'
    RD may have some strange views but he isn't stupid.

He won't spend a fortune on a large squad to get us into the top 2, but relegation isn't on his agenda either. Last spring we were allowed to bring in Diarra, Johnson and Eagles, all experienced non network signings, as clearly he was persuaded that the team wasn't strong enough. None of those signings fits his buy young players to sell for a profit, agenda.

Similarly, if after KF had taken over we'd played like we did at MK Dons (which was dreadful) for several more matches and were stranded at the bottom as a result, he would look elsewhere for a head coach.
  • Granpa said:

Please no
  • My disillusion runneth over...
  • Sponsored links:

• Missed It said:

Granpa said:

Dennis Wise??!! Final, undeniable proof that they really have no clue what they're doing!!
  • Dennis Wise?
    Maybe the most powerful flies around our dunghill are agents!
    Dennis Wise dear god, I would probably rather get relegated with Fraeye.
  • It would be a good bit of trolling though. 'You want a British manager do you? Well fine, have Dennis Wise then you pricks!'

Thinking about it, it would never happen ... Wise's ego is far too big to allow him to be dictated to by KM, let alone RD.
  • Must be one of the longest interview processes in the history of mankind.
  • All head coaches are effectively interim until the next injury crisis and bad run under Duchatelet.
  • Dennis Wise? Was he put forward by Tony Jimenez???? You would definitely see my season ticket going in the bin if he was signed.
  • vffvff
    edited December 2015
    A Wise appointment would definitely not be wise. Also final proof of Meire and Duchatelets total cluelessness and confirmation that Duchatelet is not that bothered with the survival of the club as a Championship entity.

The only thing that about a Dennis Wise appointment is that no head coach lasts more than 6 playing season months and his ass would get fired soon enough. That is the only light at the end of that dismal tunnel.

It does feel sometimes that Duchatelet does things to deliberate wind up the support. A Wise appointment could still be the final breaking point for many Charlton supporters.
  • edited December 2015
    Granpa is not the sort of poster to wind people up and IIRC his grandson is a good friend with a player still on the club's books so the plot thickens :open_mouth:
  • cabbles said:

It's a strange one.

If the results had been good enough since he was appointed, then he would have got the job. I suspect a win against Ipswich might have been enough
    If the results had been terrible, then he would probably have not got the job, as not even RD wouldn't appoint someone if he lost his first 4 or 5 matches and we were terrible.

I reckon that wouldn't stop RD. He'd probably say something like (through KM of course)

'KF took over the team at a very tumultuous time. He was unable to arrest the slide that had already set in under GL. Although results have not improved, we sense a degree of improved confidence amongst the squad. This, coupled with the high number of targets we have identified as potential signings in the January transfer window, has led the board to believe KF is the right man to take us forward. As a result we have given him a contract until the end of the 16/17 season

Alongside the like and lol buttons, can CL invent a FFS button to accompany?
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:

It's a strange one.

Alongside the like and lol buttons, can CL invent a FFS button to accompany?
    Would be used for anything linked to Dennis Weiss as well!
  • tricky said:

Dennis Wise's red and white army!!

*flag*

Nooooooo
  • Dennis Wise !!!!!!!!!!!

Hard to fathom that connection out.
  • edited December 2015

Dennis Wise !!!!!!!!!!!

Hard to fathom that connection out.

Eventually a turd drops into the toilet.
  • Wise? I'd rather have Morecambe.