Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fraeye - How long, what next?

Comments

• Wise? I'd rather have Morecambe.

We might well have Morecambe playing at The Valley soon.
  • Fraeye is not the problem. RD is. Unfortunately it doesn't look like he's planning on walking away anytime soon.
  • Dansk_Red said:

Record after 6 matches:-

3-0 Lost
    1-0 Lost
    3-1 Won
    0-1 Won
    0-3 Lost
    3-2 Lost

Next four games will settle his future.

We can't afford to wait four games. We need someone now.
  • Dansk_Red said:

3-0 Lost
    1-0 Lost
    3-1 Won
    0-1 Won
    0-3 Lost
    3-2 Lost

Spot on there's a rumour the players are only playing for JE not the interim one
  • Gumbo said:

Dansk_Red said:

3-0 Lost
    1-0 Lost
    3-1 Won
    0-1 Won
    0-3 Lost
    3-2 Lost

Spot on there's a rumour the players are only playing for JE not the interim one
    I would say that rumour is BS
  • Either way, how long is it acceptable for an 'interim' manager to temporarily remain in charge whilst not getting results?
  • I know I'm going to get slaughtered for saying this....but I wonder if I'm alone....I'm almost kind of glad we're losing under KF's temporary period in charge because it's the only thing that may stop him being given the job full time. I know that's not going to be a popular thing to say and I get no pleasure from seeing us in the bottom 3, but I so desperately don't want him in charge.........
  • braydex said:

I know I'm going to get slaughtered for saying this....but I wonder if I'm alone....I'm almost kind of glad we're losing under KF's temporary period in charge because it's the only thing that may stop him being given the job full time. I know that's not going to be a popular thing to say and I get no pleasure from seeing us in the bottom 3, but I so desperately don't want him in charge.........

But all the managerial appointments and sackings have been the correct decisions!!! KM has said so.

But putting aside the easy snipe at the incompetent arrogant lying CEO............I honestly don't see the point in just getting rid of KF now. Chances are it will just be someone of the same ilk and equall inexperience that takes his place and I don't see what that will achieve. Unless they are seriously looking at getting in a manager different to all the ones they've given us so far, they might as just well leave KF in charge otherwise it's just more pointless upheaval for the players.
  • Sponsored links:

• A rumour that appeared yesterday. He is the manager of Belgian side Cercle Bruge. He seems to fit the mould of an RD recruit to the network. Cercle Bruge have a 29,000 capacity stadium so similar size. No idea how they compare to us in terms of level or league - but that doesn't appear to matter! See a bit more here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frederik_Vanderbiest
  • Got relegated last year and are currently 4th in 2nd division.
  • Thank god we didn't go for that Paul Lambert bloke. Been disaster at Blackburn.
  • mascot88 said:

Got relegated last year and are currently 4th in 2nd division.

He sounds absolute mustard....
    He's managing a league higher than Fraeye was so he must be good.
  • Is there any truth in the rumours that the players were out on the lash last night?
    Might explain why we ran out of steam in the 2nd half, and the fact one of our goals was scored by a lad too young too drink, and the other not permitted to.

I think that was a poor attempt at a wind-up by a Brighton supporter.
    Why would our team be staying away at a hotel prior to match just down the road?
  • cafcfan said:

Is there any truth in the rumours that the players were out on the lash last night?
    Might explain why we ran out of steam in the 2nd half, and the fact one of our goals was scored by a lad too young too drink, and the other not permitted to.

I think that was a poor attempt at a wind-up by a Brighton supporter.
    Why would our team be staying away at a hotel prior to match just down the road?
    I imagine we stay in a hotel the night before every away game, with the possible exception of the midweek games.
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc-west said:

A rumour that appeared yesterday. He is the manager of Belgian side Cercle Bruge. He seems to fit the mould of an RD recruit to the network. Cercle Bruge have a 29,000 capacity stadium so similar size. No idea how they compare to us in terms of level or league - but that doesn't appear to matter! See a bit more here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frederik_Vanderbiest
    Apparently Duchatelet thinks that if someone's good enough for the Belgian second division he'll be good enough for the Championship.

I just had a brief look at the list of Watford's managers since the Pozzo family took over. The biggest difference between Watford and us is that although they, like us, have had a series of managerial changes in a fairly short period of time, each one of the managers they appointed has a 'nicer-looking' CV, if you know what I mean. The clubs they've played for and the clubs they've managed are all well-known clubs. You see the ones such as Barcelona, Valencia, Chelsea, Leicester, Blackburn, Getafe in their profiles.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Watford_F.C._managers

But when you look at the profiles of Bob Peeters, Guy Luzon and Karel Fraeye, how many of the clubs they've worked for have you ever heard of? I've only heard of Millwall and Standard Liege.

I'm not totally against having a non-British manager. But at least I think you should bring in someone a) with a better footballing record (either as a player or manager) or b) with experience of playing or mananging in the British leagues. Is it too much to ask for? Does Duchatelet know someone like that??? Please no more Belgian second division unknowns. If Duchatelet keeps treating us like a Belgian second division club, then we'll perhaps suffer two relegations in a row and end up in League Two! :cry:
  • Always a Belgian why will Roland not listen
  • The sad thing is KM and RD are so bad for the club, make so many decisions that are not to the advantage of the club that I do not feel it's my club any more.
    Through thick and thin I have supported the team. I will never be able to support anyone else.
    Like so many I had Saturday nights after a defeat with the hump and moaned at by the family, even Sunday's had a depressed feeling. But at present I see the result and do not care.
    Well done RD and KM that's what you have achieved( I would rather be sulking over the result)
  • This Fred guy is managing at the same club Bob Peeters managed at shortly before. Their star player over recent years was Tom De Sutter who we were linked with in the summer. He cant get a game at his current club Bursaspor so would be suprised if he came here in Jan as part of the package. Buy one inadequate manager, get one inadequate player free.

BOGOF

• edited December 2015

This Fred guy is managing at the same club Bob Peeters managed at shortly before. Their star player over recent years was Tom De Sutter who we were linked with in the summer. He cant get a game at his current club Bursaspor so would be suprised if he came here in Jan as part of the package. Buy one inadequate manager, get one inadequate player free.

BOGOF

Tom De Sutter played for CLUB Bruges before he left for Bursaspor. That "Fred guy" is coach for Cercle Bruges. Man City and ManU are also two different clubs. Calling Tom De Sutter inadequate is ... well, you don't know him and never saw him play. I'll leave it at that.