Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fraeye - How long, what next?

Comments

• We have let in 3 goals in 50% of his games. Says enough about his capabilities to me. Next.

Personally I think it's more down to the quality of defenders in the squad, notably at CB. We could have Curbs and George Graham working together, and they'd struggle to keep many clean sheets with a partnership of Bauer and Sarr...
  • To answer the question in the title................

At least till the end of the season

More of the same crap football.
  • What confuses me is that if we have "interviewed" Dennis Wise for the job of head coach presumably we have also interviewed others yet none of their names have slipped out. Why Wise ? Not really known to the Belgians so a choice completely out of left field. If we were actively looking there would be any number of names that spring to mind before Dennis the Menace.

If Wise has been in contact with the club I wonder if there is some other role in prospect ? Question. Is DW actively involved in football these days in some capacity ?

I've been thinking about this and it just can't be for the head coach role because it doesn't make any sense. Not in the usual RD way but just in a general sense. Imagine when they got to the end of the interview and asked if he had any questions, and he said 'when do you think I'll hear back from you?' What would they reply? 'Oh well, I mean, to be honest we're not even really necessarily hiring. We have this guy in charge already and we're kind of seeing how that works out, but if he keeps mucking up we might decide we actually do want you, and then we'll think back to this interview and then we'll think about hiring you. But to be honest this was just more of a general chat. Thanks for coming in Dennis. Nice hair.'

Even for this shower that's ridiculous
  • braydex said:

Selfishly, i'm totally relieved to hear some of your comments on here, because it genuinely started to feel like it was just me that wasn't seeing some bigger picture? So many of you have explained better than I have, how I feel. My wife used to prepare herself for me coming home from a game we had lost because she knew i'd be in a foul mood.....now, she cant believe i'm happy to stay at home and do the decorating instead or pop into town to do a bit of xmas shopping with her......and do I feel guilty for smirking when we lose at the moment? I did, yes. But not anymore. Because genetically, we all have a built in 'I told you so' emotion.

I will always love Charlton. I wont ever really support another team. But I do feel as though we are currently going through a trial separation at the moment and actually, whilst the grass may not always be greener on the other side, it's actually not as bad as I thought it would be either.

And i really fear for the club in years to come, because it should be attracting youngsters who will be the future support of the club, but if I'm not attending games, my boys aren't either, and there are plenty like me doing the same thing. And all the while they're not attending, at their age, they are quite happy to just start supporting another team. Before long, the club will have no young fans. We live in Essex. I'm happy to make the trek each week to watch the team but not at the moment. But we all miss our football fix so I've started taking them to watch southend which is a 10 minute train journey from us. Funnily enough Piggot is a local hero. The team are doing reasonably well, they have plans for a new ground.....similar to West Ham. Soon, the club will be under real pressure to attract new fans and keep up with the Jones' and that can spell disaster for a club like Charlton if they cant keep up, because to some extent, we share our 'territory' with other nearby clubs.

You've reminded me of that San Marino goal in the opening seconds against Graham Taylor's England. We laughed, because it summed up just how bad things had been under Taylor, and because we knew it needed root and branch change before it had a chance of becoming credible again. We're kind of there aren't we.
  • What confuses me is that if we have "interviewed" Dennis Wise for the job of head coach presumably we have also interviewed others yet none of their names have slipped out. Why Wise ? Not really known to the Belgians so a choice completely out of left field. If we were actively looking there would be any number of names that spring to mind before Dennis the Menace.

If Wise has been in contact with the club I wonder if there is some other role in prospect ? Question. Is DW actively involved in football these days in some capacity ?

I've been thinking about this and it just can't be for the head coach role because it doesn't make any sense. Not in the usual RD way but just in a general sense. Imagine when they got to the end of the interview and asked if he had any questions, and he said 'when do you think I'll hear back from you?' What would they reply? 'Oh well, I mean, to be honest we're not even really necessarily hiring. We have this guy in charge already and we're kind of seeing how that works out, but if he keeps mucking up we might decide we actually do want you, and then we'll think back to this interview and then we'll think about hiring you. But to be honest this was just more of a general chat. Thanks for coming in Dennis. Nice hair.'

Even for this shower that's ridiculous
    Not sure the Dennis Wise rumour wasn't just made up
  • Daft headline question, answer another Belgian numpty.
  • I know we are all frustrated with the ownership and the result on saturday but some credit should go to Fraye for the first half performance. We were very good.

# stands back for a barrage of abuse
  • Probably through our league one 2016/2017 failed campaign
  • Sponsored links:

• From Circus Bruges to Circus Charlton
  • Is 'I told you so' an emotion? It sounds like logical thinking to me.

If there is a reality that is hitting me, it is that we are not one of the richest 44 and are probably heading for long term league 1 status as we probably now rank around 55 or similar.

Things change but right now at Charlton we have "the feel" of an upper League 1 club. We all seem to feel the Championship is tough yet it wasn't too long ago that we thought the Premiership was tough but ok and the Championship was fairly tame. Maybe, that is what is tough to accept - we are now nearer 50 or so in the rankings rather than 15.
  • braydex said:

braydex said:

and do I feel guilty for smirking when we lose at the moment? I did, yes. But not anymore. Because genetically, we all have a built in 'I told you so' emotion.

Each to their own but I genuinely don't know how any supporter can think that.

I desperately want Charlton owned differently, run differently and managed differently, but nowhere near as much as I want to be proved completely wrong and Fraeye turns out to be some magician and Charlton win every game.

Like you say, each to their own and to be honest, like you, I know who will and wont agree with me. But...the reason for admitting publicly on this forum that I 'smirk' when we lose, admit that i'm just a little bit pleased when we lose, is because I know that others feel the same. KF is not the right man to manage the team. He was gifted the position and it was again, a very poor decision by RD and KM to appoint him. I don't want him to be our manager on an interim or full time basis, and the only way that MAY happen is if the team keep losing. I know that's hard to accept but it's true.

I have this view and still do the aways!
  • So you'll both be smiling on the day we get relegated ? Every loss is a nail in the relegation cask.

I honestly find pleasure in us losing frankly unbelievable.
  • So you'll both be smiling on the day we get relegated ? Every loss is a nail in the relegation cask.

It would be what Duchatelet and squirrel face deserve, but not the supporters.

One without the other is I suggest a bit tricky. Cutting your nose to spite your face springs to mind.

One without the other is I suggest a bit tricky. Cutting your nose to spite your face springs to mind.

I would not argue with that, comes with me being principled and stubborn in life possibly.
  • L

So you'll both be smiling on the day we get relegated ? Every loss is a nail in the relegation cask.

I would not argue with that, comes with me being principled and stubborn in life possibly.
    Then I forgive you ;0)

• Sponsored links:

It's a weirder sense of apathy, you care so little you find pleasure in at least the 'positive' that it may be the result that forces some change aka the interim coach to be sacked and a proper coach hired, or RD to up the budget.. Just something. It's all clutching at straws in wanting something to change for the greater good but at the same time quite frankly not caring.

A few seasons ago I was feeling every kick on the pitch, every result could determine my mood for the day.. Right now? I sometimes forget the day we are due to play, I find myself shocked if we have scored a goal and I have absolutely no desire to attend a match be it home or away.
  • What now? How long does a useless interim manager get to stay at a club he simply can't manage? So many people said that the last two games would decide his fate......??
  • Is Roland's mum still alive? He must know and trust her and being family she might not even want a salary?
  • braydex said:

What now? How long does a useless interim manager get to stay at a club he simply can't manage? So many people said that the last two games would decide his fate......??

He'll be here until the end of the season at least. Put your house on it.
  • edited December 2015
    braydex said:

What now? How long does a useless interim manager get to stay at a club he simply can't manage? So many people said that the last two games would decide his fate......??

You could say exactly the same about Meire.

(Apart from the last two games bit. She's here as long as Roland is)
  • A vicious circle, he goes to be replaced by some other clown.

Absolutely f*****!
  • There are rumours circulating that Fraeye has the job permamently now but waiting for a more appropriate time to unleash that news... I think it's someone working for the club that started it but they're not too 'high up' so to speak, so I'd definitely take it with a pinch of salt but it would not surprise me one jot.
  • Fraeye, please do the honourable thing and resign.
    You must know that you are way out of your depth.
    Why your at it get Roland and Meire to leave to.
    Our only hope. Admittedly you have not been
    helped by the piss poor recruitment last summer.