Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fraeye - How long, what next?

1789101113»

Comments

• Fingers crossed the CEO will give Karel a vote of confidence very soon.
  • Fingers crossed the CEO will give Karel a vote of confidence very soon.

But who will give the CEO a vote of confidence
  • The only thing that can save this club now is bringing in a manager (and yes I mean manager) who can unite the club at every level.

Unite the players to fight for the cause for the shirt for the fans and for each other. Organise the team so we are well drilled and hard to beat.

Get all the back room staff working for the same cause.

And get the fans back on side. Backing the players and getting behind the team.

Usually I would a at never go back. But this isn't normal circumstances. So it has to be one man. Curbs.

Powell might work but not sure he would quite have the same unifying impact.

Curbs and Powell are Club legends, I really wouldn't wish working under Roly and co on them....or anybody else come to think of it.

• It's on the pitch that improvements must be made and quickly.
    That will solve a lot. But what does need to be won back are us- the supporters.
    We have lost love for the club. KM and RD have done that with their contempt for us. The lies, ridicule, embarrassment it has gone too far.
  • I still believe even without any additions to the squad there's enough in it to at least keep us up this season. We shouldn't even be in this position but we are because neither KF or GL has been able to get anywhere near the best out of the players.

Many of the players have under-performed which yes you can say is down to them but put yourselves in JBG's shoes for instance. He's going to be at Euro 2016 next summer, and been a pivotal part of Iceland's qualification winning big games such as Holland away. Do you think he feels inspired by KF after he returns from his feel good factor of international duty?

The Bolton game for me was clearer more than ever that the team has the ability within it. At 2-0 I was seriously considering whether we would really go on and seriously thump them but at 2-2 we were probably lucky to hang on for a point in the end and a lot of it came down to poor passing and movement essentially the poor execution of whatever plan there was to win the game. You look around the pitch and you certainly felt so many players could have given so much more that night and that for me comes down to the head coach to get the best out of his players.

The players badly need a lift and somebody in charge they can respect. They know we don't respect KF as a head coach, he probably is a nice enough guy and trying his best but at this stage it's not good enough. There's still time to turn this whole mess around but we need to act ASAP. Bristol City away on Boxing Day is a six pointer but I fear we will go through the usual motions of an away game, possibly go 1-0 up and then end up losing 2-1 or 3-1 with a quickfire burst of goals in the 2nd half. I'd even take a point but we simply must not lose and I don't think we are capable of this mentality with the current setup.

I think you make some good points. Our first XI isn't a bad side, what we need is a GOOD manager or Head Coach that can work their magic and squeeze every drop of ability from the players. The defence needs some serious work however. It's hard to judge whether they are good enough individually, but they don't work as a unit, that's for sure. The rest of the team also have to take their defensive responsibilities seriously. Too often there have been huge gaps in the midfield and the opposition can virtually walk the ball right up to our penalty area. An experienced coach could fix some of these problems relatively quickly though.

The other issue of course, is that outside of our first XI, we are desperately short of cover. In the Curbs years we often had a few half decent utility players that could assume a couple of different positions when required. All we have now are a few youngsters, many of which are lacking in confidence because their transition into the first team has not been managed properly. They have been thrown in to high pressure situations out of necessity, it's no way to treat what should be our stars of the future.

As I'm typing this, I'm wondering why I bother. The vast majority of these issues have been glaringly obvious for two seasons, yet the club consistently fail to address them.
    Obvious to us but not RD, he's too remote and only receives the edited 'highlights'.
  • We are going to sell more than we bring in in January...ALL our players will be desperate to leave... and the players coming in will be even worse(How could you want to join Charlton at the moment) ...

Crowds plummet... and KM is left smiling on her own...

League one here we come...

• ross1 said:

Fingers crossed the CEO will give Karel a vote of confidence very soon.

But who will give the CEO a vote of confidence
    Colin.
    That is very good Airman.
  • stonemuse said:

I still believe even without any additions to the squad there's enough in it to at least keep us up this season. We shouldn't even be in this position but we are because neither KF or GL has been able to get anywhere near the best out of the players.

Many of the players have under-performed which yes you can say is down to them but put yourselves in JBG's shoes for instance. He's going to be at Euro 2016 next summer, and been a pivotal part of Iceland's qualification winning big games such as Holland away. Do you think he feels inspired by KF after he returns from his feel good factor of international duty?

The Bolton game for me was clearer more than ever that the team has the ability within it. At 2-0 I was seriously considering whether we would really go on and seriously thump them but at 2-2 we were probably lucky to hang on for a point in the end and a lot of it came down to poor passing and movement essentially the poor execution of whatever plan there was to win the game. You look around the pitch and you certainly felt so many players could have given so much more that night and that for me comes down to the head coach to get the best out of his players.

The players badly need a lift and somebody in charge they can respect. They know we don't respect KF as a head coach, he probably is a nice enough guy and trying his best but at this stage it's not good enough. There's still time to turn this whole mess around but we need to act ASAP. Bristol City away on Boxing Day is a six pointer but I fear we will go through the usual motions of an away game, possibly go 1-0 up and then end up losing 2-1 or 3-1 with a quickfire burst of goals in the 2nd half. I'd even take a point but we simply must not lose and I don't think we are capable of this mentality with the current setup.

I think you make some good points. Our first XI isn't a bad side, what we need is a GOOD manager or Head Coach that can work their magic and squeeze every drop of ability from the players. The defence needs some serious work however. It's hard to judge whether they are good enough individually, but they don't work as a unit, that's for sure. The rest of the team also have to take their defensive responsibilities seriously. Too often there have been huge gaps in the midfield and the opposition can virtually walk the ball right up to our penalty area. An experienced coach could fix some of these problems relatively quickly though.

The other issue of course, is that outside of our first XI, we are desperately short of cover. In the Curbs years we often had a few half decent utility players that could assume a couple of different positions when required. All we have now are a few youngsters, many of which are lacking in confidence because their transition into the first team has not been managed properly. They have been thrown in to high pressure situations out of necessity, it's no way to treat what should be our stars of the future.

As I'm typing this, I'm wondering why I bother. The vast majority of these issues have been glaringly obvious for two seasons, yet the club consistently fail to address them.
    Obvious to us but not RD, he's too remote and only receives the edited 'highlights'.
    Indeed. 44 minutes was it?
  • stonemuse said:

Indeed. 44 minutes was it?
    "Karel here ... sorry, RD, but the camera broke after 43 minutes. Yes, everyone agrees we were superb and it was a great game. Yes, and a merry Christmas to you too."
  • Sponsored links:

• If he is still in charge for the Colchester cup game and we lose, I think he will be gone as his position will be untenable.
  • Please please sack this idiot!
  • The subs today what a joke fuck this prick off asap we in shit but if he stays were fucked
  • mascot88 said:

We are going to sell more than we bring in in January...ALL our players will be desperate to leave... and the players coming in will be even worse(How could you want to join Charlton at the moment) ...

Crowds plummet... and KM is left smiling on her own...

League one here we come...

I reckon we'll sell more players than we'll bering in new fans with the kids for a quid game.
  • We have known this since the day he was appointed 'interim'. He is simply not good enough and never was going to be. Only the football ignorant (ie the appalling Miere) could think otherwise
  • Mastermind
  • What next? More excuses. More bollocks. More defeats.
  • I am confident that, again, we will be told we were competitive for the first 44 minutes and that the players lack the self belief blah bla blah ...
  • Riga will come in I reckon. Karel can then go back to what he's good at which is scouting out more unsuited foreign footballers with no experience of English football.
  • about 5 minutes I reckon
  • Sponsored links:

• Riga will come in I reckon. Karel can then go back to what he's good at which is scouting out more unsuited foreign footballers with no experience of English football.

A hell of a lot more needs to change than just another head coach.
  • edited December 2015

about 5 minutes I reckon

5 mins too long.
  • Should be sacked now. Not good enough scraping a draw against Bristol City and Bolton. And Bolton get absolutely thumped by the Chuckle Brothers. Thumped, thrashed, walloped, destroyed, humiliated, embarrassed and mullered by the Chuckle Brothers.
  • We got a point but it could have easily have been a 3 or 4 nil. I honestly don't think he has the squad to work with, but he doesn't have the tactical nous to get the best from what he has. He has to go, but that won't solve our problems.