Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fraeye - How long, what next?

Comments

• Please pack your bags and fuck off
  • Get your coat Karel, you useless article. Utter utter gash
  • edited December 2015

I have this view and still do the aways!

I've disagreed with you about Karel as I wanted him to be given a chance. It seems that he hasn't been able to take his chance and being in the bottom 3 at Christmas we must act now.

He's had a chance. Played 9. Won 2. Lost 6. Drawn 2. Goals scored 8. Goals conceded 17. Terrible record.
  • This clown said this squad didn't need adding to. God help us.

Don't want to stick my nose in an argument (says I sticking my nose in) but if you have been told things you can't repeat why would you mention it?
    I think you are right and I should not have mentioned it.

I do know from a family friend who was doing some work with the club at the time, that KF was at the club "assessing" our squad whilst CP was still manager, so I am inclined to believe Henry(and others) that he has at the very least had some serious involvement in our transfer dealings since then.

Yes he probable was there assessing the players which would be a reasonable thing for RD to ask him to do - whatever we think of RD, in my opinion.

Yep, it's perfectly reasonable, while a manager is already place, to ask a Belgian fourth division manager with no English football experience to assess the squad of a Championship team you've just bought. There's nothing insane about that whatsoever. And considering we subsequently sold Dale Stephens and Yann Kermorgant and replaced them with Polish Pete, Yohann Thuram and Loic Nego I think it's safe to say he made a right bollocks of his assessment
    Blimey KF's coach/managership has dropped from third to fourth now.... Anyway I think your deduction that his assessment, if that is what is was, resulted in all these transfer dealings is suspect to say the least and it has not been made public who made these decisions. Whoever did make these decisions is insane and needs shooting!
    I think you'll find that when Chris Powell was in charge, which is the timeframe we're talking about here, Karel had spent three years at Eendracht Zele, who are in the fourth division. His time in the Belgian third division hadn't happened yet. Granted after that he did take up a role at a Belgian third division club, rendering him only marginally less qualified to take over a second division English team.

So what you're saying is Roland asked Karel Fraeye to assess the squad, presumably Karel gave him an answer because he was at the club, and putting his fingers in his ear and humming whenever Roland asked for a report presumably wouldn't endear him too much, and Roland...what? Ignored the assessment? Went his own way? Because you'd think if Roland was displeased enough with Karel's assessment then he wouldn't subsequently hire him as the new head coach; why would you, the bloke can't appraise a team. Roland asked Karel to appraise the squad, subsequently sold key players and signed players from all over Europe, and you think it's suspect logic to assume Fraeye had some input into this? Who else was it then?
    Appreciate the time it took to answer and the time frame perspective. However my point is that we do not know what sort of assessment was carried out by KF and what if any of his suggestions/findings were followed through. I do not know who is responsible for the comings and goings regarding Charlton; I just know it was not KF.
    Believe me or not I am past caring because if one offers up an alternative perspective on matters there is so much nitpicking and general antipathy.

do you still rate KF after today?
  • What's Les Reed upto these days?
  • The awkward thing is, the club are awaiting to announce news that he is the permanent manager, but simply can't with the way things are going as it'd be suicide. How they are going to do a complete U-Turn on that and sack him is beyond me, this interim thing will just be dragged on further.

We're being embarrassed. Truly embarrassed.

Time is running out for them if they don't want relegation. Results are getting worse. They either get another manager in this weekend or accept relegation with Fraeye.
  • How's he still here?
  • If he doesn't go today then we must give him and KM hell next home game, two arseholes well out of their depth.

There is no chance of him going today. He will be here come the start of 2016. Any sign of anyone at the club even pretending to look for his replacement, given he's supposedly an 'interim'?
  • Sponsored links:

• How's he still here?

He's cheap, he'll do exactly as he's told, as as he has no ambition he won't do anything daft like as for players in January.
  • How long has he got?
    Too f***ing long.
    4-0 at Burnley is way, way, way beyond a joke.
    Feels like RIP Charlton.
  • The awkward thing is, the club are awaiting to announce news that he is the permanent manager, but simply can't with the way things are going as it'd be suicide. How they are going to do a complete U-Turn on that and sack him is beyond me, this interim thing will just be dragged on further.

Oh dear but exactly this. We all know he has been given the job. We are truly fecked.

• If Roland doesn't get rid of Carol tonight, then I honestly believe his plan must be to run the club into the ground and sell off the Valley.
  • If Roland doesn't get rid of Carol tonight, then I honestly believe his plan must be to run the club into the ground and sell off the Valley.

He won't and it's not.
  • If RD acts as he did with Peeters, Luzon then Karel will be on his way tomorrow.

You are assuming that he a) has any idea about the result or b) gives a ****. Fraeye is here until the new year. He may end up being in the post as interim longer than many full-time managers
  • edited December 2015
    I gave him a chance. I do not think that Peeters or Luzon were totally out of their depth, but he is. I know enough about football to see that and so do many more - except possibly RD and KM. You couldn't make it up!
  • mogodon said:

If Roland doesn't get rid of Carol tonight, then I honestly believe his plan must be to run the club into the ground and sell off the Valley.

You are assuming that he a) has any idea about the result or b) gives a ****. Fraeye is here until the new year. He may end up being in the post as interim longer than many full-time managers
    Well Bob and Guy were given the boot pretty suddenly. The one thing that might be saving KF is that bringing in new players in January may turn things around, depending on whose fault our duff squad was in the first place...
  • Sponsored links:

• I think it can only be the fault of the fans. IS that better Katrien?

I sadly have to agree with this....there can be no other explanation to keep him on....once again another shambles and shooting themselves in their own feet.....what kind of a businessman is he? a weird one!!!
  • Surely they can't sack Fraeye - they can only replace him under the guise of finally completing their 'search' for a new head coach.

How would they phrase a statement about getting rid of a guy that wasn't our official manager anyway? It would be an instant admission that they were never actually bothering to look for a new man in the first place.
  • I'm going to France tomorrow. I would be more than happy to pick Fraeye up on the way and drive him back to Belgium. For free.
  • I'm going to France tomorrow. I would be more than happy to pick Fraeye up on the way and drive him back to Belgium. For free.

Just don't ask him to navigate. Direction is something he knows nothing about.
  • edited December 2015
    He has now resorted to threatening the players.

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/charlton/14157111.Karel_Fraeye_issues_warning_to_Charlton_players_after_4_0_loss_at_Burnley/

Interim boss Fraeye said: “We were good for 44 minutes, we were the best team and we didn't take our chances.

“We go down 1-0 before half-time at the worst moment and then we try to get them good out of the changing room and we concede a second and third one just like that. It’s game over.

“It’s a mental thing, that’s for sure.

“The players had the chance to do something about that and if they can’t then it’s up to the club to make the decisions that have to be made.

“It is amazing the way we conceded the goals.”
  • This clown said this squad didn't need adding to. God help us.

He had Meire's hand up his arse at the time..

Just don't ask him to navigate. Direction is something he knows nothing about.
    It's ok I have a Sat Nav.
  • Say they do now cone to their senses and decide to start looking for a proper manager..

It will mean this past two months fannying around will have been completely, needlessly wasted - all because of the sheer stubbornness of our owner.

By all means be careful with our finances. Find bargains, young foreign players etc.. But it's completely idiotic to hire crap coaching and administrative staff for the sake saving relatively tiny sums of money.
  • Fraeye is the end of the line for the ownership model. He's been the constant from the start of RD's tenure when Powell was in charge and chucking him off would be tantamount to admitting the experiment hasn't worked. Not really known for that are they? I expect a disappointing January window along with a classic Wenger-esque 'shucks, the market just wasn't there, we tried to get some over the line but we just ran out of time', and a subsequent 'we think Karel is the man to take us back up and beyond' once we go down. Hopefully I'm wrong and they sack him off tonight, but my hopes remain low