Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• MarcusH26 said:
    Sergio Perez has signed a new one year deal @ Red Bull
    Makes sense , I don't think Gasly wants to go back to the main team 
    Yeah I guess the biggest decision for Red Bull / AT has been who teams up with Gasly next season

Wont be surprised to see Tsunoda dropped for Vips or Lawson from F2 - Although would love to see Albon back.
  • edited August 2021
    Really nasty accident involving six cars in the W Series at Spa this afternoon at the top of Eau Rouge

Drivers just passengers thanks to the wet track by the looks of things

Halo once again doing its job and ensured that everyone walked away from it
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Sergio Perez has signed a new one year deal @ Red Bull
    Makes sense , I don't think Gasly wants to go back to the main team 
    Yeah I guess the biggest decision for Red Bull / AT has been who teams up with Gasly next season

Wont be surprised to see Tsunoda dropped for Vips or Lawson from F2 - Although would love to see Albon back.

If they make a change it will be whichever one of the F2 guys finishes higher. 

Albon was at Indianapolis the other week talking to Grosjean about doing Indycar. Think the door is shut on him and F1 
  • Really nasty accident involving six cars in the W Series at Spa this afternoon at the top of Eau Rouge

It's a catch-22 situation, people complain about the new circuits with no elevation and car park run offs, and then we go to a circuit with a crazy hill on it with little run off and people die, and then people complain about how we need to eliminate dangerous corners like Eau Rouge/Radillon
  • Few people saying the problem with Eau Rouge may be down to the visibility issues from the halo. When you are about to crest the hill you can’t see the apex of the corner ahead and the halo limits visibility even more.

Ironic as it could also have saved lives on the same corner after an impact.
  • Big crash for Lando in Q3. Stewards have a lot to answer for, no way that session should have gone ahead, so much rain.
  • Thankfully he seems fine
  • Will that mean the grid is set as the Q2 finishing order which ironically would mean Lando pole?!

Dont know what the forecast is like for the rest of the day or if it’s expected to dry out.
  • 100% spot on from Vettel on the team radio on being told of the crash…’what the fuck did I say, red flag, unnecessary’

Stopped on the track to check Lando was ok before carrying on.
  • Wonder if this could be a Sunday morning session 
  • Sponsored links:

• 100% spot on from Vettel on the team radio on being told of the crash…’what the fuck did I say, red flag, unnecessary’

Stopped on the track to check Lando was ok before carrying on.
    I’m loving the new Vettel. 
    I used to find him unbearable, but pretty much everything he’s said and done this year has been top drawer. 
    Shown himself to be a classy driver and a classy human being. 
    Today just underlines that.
  • RUSSELL IS STARTING P2... 🤯🤯🤯
    Amazing. What a shame the spoilt brat beat him at the death.
    So close to pole as well. 
  • What an absolutely bonkers lap from George. 
  • Bet Hamilton is relieved its George in front of him instead of anyone else - Bet he'll move over and let him past quite early tomorrow
  • edited August 2021
  • sam3110 said:
    Really nasty accident involving six cars in the W Series at Spa this afternoon at the top of Eau Rouge

It's a catch-22 situation, people complain about the new circuits with no elevation and car park run offs, and then we go to a circuit with a crazy hill on it with little run off and people die, and then people complain about how we need to eliminate dangerous corners like Eau Rouge/Radillon
    Combine what I said yesterday with the mental rain, and I don't get why they didn't red flag the session, that could have been a lot worse and something needs to change about that corner, whether they reprofile it, add gravel, move the barriers back, or a combination of all 3, something needs to be done.

If it was me, I'd reprofile the bottom of the hill quite heavily to reduce speed into the corner, and place a larger gravel trap at the top of the hill on the outside with the barriers way further back, reshaping them so they don't filter cars back out onto the racing line, but I'm not sure it's actually possible to do so
  • Apparently Russell was on used Inters too , makes that lap even more unbelievable. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Perez aint gonna be the first today!!
  • @Chizz - most posts on f1 are on this thread, not the one you went on. 👍🏼
  • Would be surprised if we get much racing action, will be a fair bit behind the SC I reckon. 
  • @Chizz - most posts on f1 are on this thread, not the one you went on. 👍🏼
    Thank you.  I will repeat my prediction that I think this race will be a bit tasty* 

*And I reserve the right to alter my definition of 'tasty' until after the race. 
  • edited August 2021
    Chizz said:
    @Chizz - most posts on f1 are on this thread, not the one you went on. 👍🏼
    Thank you.  I will repeat my prediction that I think this race will be a bit tasty* 

*And I reserve the right to alter my definition of 'tasty' until after the race. 
    Nah this is gonna be a very tasty race

Getting vibes of Monaco '96 when just three cars finished 
  • Gonna go one of two ways. A total random unexpected winner.

Or chaos behind Verstappen who wins by a mile as he takes advantage of being the only person who can see.

Veering towards option 2.
  • Can't see them starting this properly 
  • Seriously shut up Verstappen!! - Of course its fine for you, you're at the bloody front you Dutch twat
  • Can't see them starting this properly 

• Get on with it, it’s not even raining that much