Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• MarcusH26 said:
    Shame for Kimi what with it being his last year
    Especially in the middle of a triple header. This obviously puts him out of Monza too. 
    Its understandable as well that Kubica gets the drive, but its equally disappointing that Callum Ilott isnt available this weekend now.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Shame for Kimi what with it being his last year
    Especially in the middle of a triple header. This obviously puts him out of Monza too. 
    Its understandable as well that Kubica gets the drive, but its equally disappointing that Callum Ilott isnt available this weekend now.

Yeah the one weekend Ilott isn't there and is racing GTs , it happens. Be interesting if he's retained for next year as he's doing a one off in Indycar in a couple of weeks. 
  • No chance he's getting a penalty for that.
  • cafcpolo said:
    No chance he's getting a penalty for that.
    If he has overtaken on red flag it’s a penalty, if he can show his get out jail card he in the clear. I think red bull will do the latter. 
  • edited September 2021
    Reports coming from twitter saying that Verstappen wont get a penalty

I agree with cafcpolo, dont think he should get penalised for that - Common sense has prevailed
  • Reports coming from twitter saying that Verstappen wont get a penalty
    I guess Redbull already did their screaming and stamping of feet in the stewards room…
    😉
  • He has overtaken on a red but he'd have had to drop from near on top speed to hardly anything within a second.

Annoying as I'd love him to get a 5 place grid pen but that'd be very harsh.
  • Sponsored links:

• cafcpolo said:
    He has overtaken on a red but he'd have had to drop from near on top speed to hardly anything within a second.

But Norris got a pen at Baku for making a split second decision at the pit entrance. I know it’s not exactly the same, but you take my point.
    The red flag rules are very harsh, but you can see why. It’s a bit unfair, but you could argue it’s more unfair if MV doesn’t get penalised when Lando did.
  • Ah well. Pity. 
    You can see why he got away with it though. Just a shame - would’ve been nice to see him fuck his home race up. 😉
  • cafcpolo said:
    He has overtaken on a red but he'd have had to drop from near on top speed to hardly anything within a second.

But Norris got a pen at Baku for making a split second decision at the pit entrance. I know it’s not exactly the same, but you take my point.
    The red flag rules are very harsh, but you can see why. It’s a bit unfair, but you could argue it’s more unfair if MV doesn’t get penalised when Lando did.
    Yeah, the lando penalty was a farce. I think they said he was doing about 100mph more than Stroll. Even if he slammed on the brakes to try to come to a complete stop I think he'd have probably gone past him.

It's the right call in isolation but as you say, they have set precedence. Hopefully his engine will blow during Q1 on his first outlap to make up for it.
  • Perez out in Q1
  • edited September 2021
    Latifi suddenly trying to show that he deserves the second Williams seat next year - He's done very well since Hungary.

Occasionally I get the feeling (like today) that he's going to out qualify Russell

but then the latter just does a Russell!!
  • Latifi suddenly trying to show that he deserves the second Williams seat next year - He's done very well since Hungary 
    I don’t think he’s bad, personally. 
    It’s just that Russell is so much better than him, so he looks worse than he is.
    He’s no world beater, but there have been plenty worse drivers than Latifi in f1.
  • Latifi suddenly trying to show that he deserves the second Williams seat next year - He's done very well since Hungary 
    It’s just that Russell is so much better than him, so he looks worse than he is.
    He’s no world beater, but there have been plenty worse drivers than Latifi in f1.
    I agree - He gets flack as he's another pay driver (So is Lando Norris to an extent, so was Niki Lauda) but dont think he'd be any worse than Stroll - But think he deserves to be kept by the team for another year.
  • Shit, Russell crashes in Q2. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Ooo you might be a lucky boy George!!
  • Ooo you might be a lucky boy George!!
    Very lucky if he can get back out 
  • Hopefully he hasnt screwed both his AND Latifi's efforts.

Looked like he was potentially getting up to 6th (temporarily) with that effort
  • Nope Russell out of Qualifying - Here's your chance Nicky!!
  • wmcf123 said:
    Hamilton doesn’t like quick team mates , don’t forget 
    Erm - like Alonso who he beat in his rookie year? Rosberg who he beat 3 out of 4 seasons and drove the guy to retirement? Button who he beat 2 out of 3 seasons?

Anyway it’s different this time. George is at the start of his career and Lewis at the end ….. but LH has thrived on challenges his whole career and isn’t exactly gonna change now.
    Yes - he didn’t like any of them
  • edited September 2021
    Nope Russell out of Qualifying - Here's your chance Nicky!!
    Ohhhh Nicky!!!!!!

Unless he's just done it deliberately to ensure that Russell gets P11 ;)
    This post aged well…

🙄
  • wmcf123 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Erm - like Alonso who he beat in his rookie year? Rosberg who he beat 3 out of 4 seasons and drove the guy to retirement? Button who he beat 2 out of 3 seasons?

Anyway it’s different this time. George is at the start of his career and Lewis at the end ….. but LH has thrived on challenges his whole career and isn’t exactly gonna change now.
    Rosberg is the only one I would place in that category. The rest he has always got on well with and that info is from the horses mouth so to speak 
  • wmcf123 said:
    wmcf123 said:

Oh come on. You were clearly trying to suggest he doesn’t like having a fast teammate challenging him, not that he didn’t like them personally.

The constant Hamilton bashing amongst f1 fans is really getting tiresome.
    He’s arguably the greatest of all time. The way people diminish his achievements is absurd.