Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• sam3110 said:
    Would they let them sub in a driver this late?
    What with Sainz’s accident this must be the worst build up to a home race they could have.

Who’s the reserve - Kvyat? Problem is Charles has already qualified so guess not 
    Thought it was Leclerc who had the 'accident' ?
    Sainz crashed pretty heavily in practice beforehand
  • Great pit stop for Verstappen, 11.1 seconds. Ha fucking ha.
  • Oh come on, Lewis was in the clear fhere, what on earth was Verstappen doing?
  • That’s the best thing I’ve ever seen
  • Why did Hamilton pit? Surely the whole point of the harder tyre is to go for longer? Paid the ultimate price now
  • Croydon said:
    Why did Hamilton pit? Surely the whole point of the harder tyre is to go for longer? Paid the ultimate price now
    Because he had an easy opportunity to pit and come out ahead of Verstappen, until Mercedes let Lewis down, once again, with a really poor pit stop. 
  • Croydon said:
    Why did Hamilton pit? Surely the whole point of the harder tyre is to go for longer? Paid the ultimate price now
    Trying to get out in front of Norris and Verstappen. He’d have been losing time every lap on the hards, but he got an opportunity to get in front because of Verstappen’s slow stop.

Unusually for Mercedes this year - strategically correct move. 
    Typically Mercedes this year - poorly executed. 
  • That’s absolutely fantastic from Lando

Danny Ricc P1, Lando P2 and Hamilton DNF - this is my dream race
  • Still have a horrible feeling Bottas has this won... Looks absolutely rapid. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Good to see the McLarens in 1 and 2.
    Would rather it was Norris in front though…there’s still time!
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Still have a horrible feeling Bottas has this won... Looks absolutely rapid. 
    Similar to Perez last week, he’s done a lot of overtakes but he shouldn’t have been behind them in the first place. Wasn’t his fault of course but it’ll be more impressive if he can get past any of the top 3 here. 
  • Mazepin. Again.
    Embarrassing.
  • That’s absolutely fantastic from Lando

Danny Ricc P1, Lando P2 and Hamilton DNF - this is my dream race
    Why is it your dream for a Hamilton DNF???!!
  • Verstappen could at least have gone to check that Lewis was ok given that he had just landed on top of him instead of giving him a cursory glance as he sloped off. I know they don’t like each other but what a dislikable scrote he is.  
    Especially as he had such issue with how Hamilton celebrated after winning the race he crashed in

Surely you'd want to prove yourself to be the bigger man?
  • Mazepin. Again.
    Embarrassing.
    Needs to be replaced. He’s a danger to himself and everybody else.
  • But he's not.

He's a pretentious, self important, everyone is against me, immature twat. His dad should put him over his knee until he learns the World doesn't spin around him.

Realised he'd lost the Championship lead, so was always going to try his best to DNF Hamilton if he got the chance.
  • Sponsored links:

• For all of George Russell's ability to get into Q3 umpteen times this season...

He's only ended up in the points (of an actual race) when he's gone out in Q1
  • Brilliant for McLaren, plus George gets more points
  • Cracking result for McLaren
  • That’s mega to see the McLaren team celebrating after everything from the last few years 
  • I really don’t like Ricciardo though. He’s such a bellend. 😂
  • edited September 2021
    Great to see McLaren up there again, really happy for Ricciardo too after the season he's had

Still a little disappointed it wasnt a Norris win after his impressive year, great radio from him too

@lordromford - Haha, been thinking of your reaction for a few laps :D
  • Absolutely brilliant for mclaren and delighted to see Danny back on form! 
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Oh come on, Lewis was in the clear fhere, what on earth was Verstappen doing?
    He’s horrible and I badly want to see Lewis shut him up. One way or another. 
    Macros car park next weekend. Live on Channel 4.