Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• Seriously shut up Verstappen!! - Of course its fine for you, you're at the bloody front you Dutch twat
    This is really illustrating how blinkered he is. Absolutely zero appreciation of anything that doesn’t revolve around him.

I hope all the Hamilton haters are happy when this obnoxious prick is strolling from one world title to another in the vastly superior car while still complaining about how unfair everything is to him.
    Careful what you wish for.
    Hopefully Russell will bring him down a peg once Hamilton retires

He's not just shown himself as a threat to Hamilton with his Qualifying this weekend, but Max too
  • Seriously shut up Verstappen!! - Of course its fine for you, you're at the bloody front you Dutch twat
    This is really illustrating how blinkered he is. Absolutely zero appreciation of anything that doesn’t revolve around him.

I hope all the Hamilton haters are happy when this obnoxious prick is strolling from one world title to another in the vastly superior car while still complaining about how unfair everything is to him.
    Careful what you wish for.
    Hopefully Russell will bring him down a peg once Hamilton retires

He's not just shown himself as a threat to Hamilton with his Qualifying this weekend, but Max too
    I missed quali yesterday, but caught up with it this morning, and I have to say, that lap was just a joy to watch.
    Considering the difference in the cars, Russell made all of the top end drivers look like absolute mugs. Absolutely brilliant.
    If Toto hasn’t already decided on George for next year, this has made a pretty compelling case.
  • edited August 2021
    Horner trying to change the rules to suit himself again
  • Verstappen reminds me of a line from Ted Lasso “he’s not being rude, he’s just being Dutch!”  

I can’t stand him though. Even his chief enabler in his tantrums, Horner, disagrees with him on this one!
  • Horner trying to change the rules to suit himself again
    Conveniently forgetting the radio message to the stewards saying: "We are retiring Perez"
  • Can’t see this being run today and doubtful they’ll be able to reschedule for tomorrow.

Real shame for Russell, had a good chance of scoring decent points today.
  • So the talk from Hamilton and Wolff yesterday was Merc were running low downforce that would help in the dry but hinder in the wet. Under this red flag can they now adjust wing settings, and change parts to alter the setup to be more wet weather friendly? And if they do that, and the race was delayed until tomorrow in the dry, could they revert back to a dry weather setup or would they be stuck with a wet weather setup?
  • So Perez will be allowed to start if his car can be fixed
  • Sponsored links:

• Bet they'll deliberately do one more lap behind the safety car come 5:30pm just so they can award half points at least,
  • Imagine getting stuck in a lift with Daniel Ricciardo and his ‘bants’. *shudder*. 
  • Getting confusing about the Perez situation. Surely all the other cars have already completed a lap? 

Have the total lap numbers for the race been reduced by one or not?
  • Bet they'll deliberately do one more lap behind the safety car come 5:30pm just so they can award half points at least,
    As much as i would like that for Russell, that’s just a cheap gimme win for Max. 

Jokes aside though just giving Max a win actually isn’t an option.

Due to him being a twat.

• Makes no sense letting Pérez start, IMO but I assume there’s nothing in rules that specifically forbids it. Feels more like a loop hole in yen rules rather than it being the intent of the rules to allow it. 
  • 2 lap SC parade , Max drops it , George takes the most bizarre win ever 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    2 lap SC parade , Max drops it , George takes the most bizarre win ever 
    Please please please let this happen… 😂
  • This is like a 1970s Saturday night game show.

Start the race, stop the race, stop a driver racing, start him racing, start the clock, stop the clock.

Let's see what you could've won. 0.5 point for fastest lap, in a speed boat.
  • Are the EFL and the FIA doing one of those reality TV job swap programmes this weekend?
  • Race restart in 10 mins 
  • Sponsored links:

• Race resuming. Good to hear. I know attitudes change, but 20 years ago they’d race in these conditions for sure. 
  • Race restarts in 10 minutes. Wonder whether they’ll actually race though or just do a couple of laps behind the pace car
  • 2 laps behind safety car in order to give Max his win, George 2nd and Lewis 3rd etc

In such a close season the 5 points gained by Max could be vital here.
  • edited August 2021
    FIA need to shit or get off the pot here. It isn’t going to get better so if they don’t feel they can race just call it off. Just following the the safety car to give everyone half points is the most unsatisfactory way to conclude a grand prix I can think of. 
  • This is ridiculous, no way they can race in these conditions. 
  • That is absolutely pathetic - literally just going out on track to hand out fake points 
  • I’m happy for George to get a podium, but this decision is ridiculous. 
    Sending them out behind the safety car just to get a classification is pathetic.
  • What a joke. Pleased for George but there was never any prospect of the race starting in earnest. Anyone with eyes could see that the conditions were worse than earlier without the need for the cars going out for the two laps to ensure that Verstappen got the win and closed the gap to Lewis. 
  • I’m happy for George to get a podium, but this decision is ridiculous. 
    Sending them out behind the safety car just to get a classification is pathetic.
    Yeah, they’ll argue that the drivers earned their points in qualifying yesterday but in my mind it’s bollocks.

As you say, great for George but doubt he’ll take a huge amount of pride in it.