Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• Hahahaa! I don’t know if the voices are supposed to be all heliumed, but it makes Horner look even more ludicrous than the shit he spouts. I didn’t think that was possible.
    😂
  • Anyone else seen The Silver War? It's a fan made film documenting the 2016 Rosberg vs Hamilton battle. I've been watching it this week and not only is the film brilliant, it shows how good that season was compared to what we've had since.

I hope and pray that the rest of this season plays out similarly, how good would it be to be going into the final few races with Max and Lewis neck and neck

Film is here for anyone interested:

https://youtu.be/dtj9GDUWuJA
    Cheers @Leeds_Addick
    Will give that a watch later.
    👍🏼
  • Haha that’s disgraceful 
  • edited July 2021
    Oh you cheeky bugger Hamilton!! - That sends a nice message to Red Bull :)
  • Haha - Karen Horner had that coming. Total shithousery from Merc and I bloody love it - LOL. Any other car behind I wouldn’t be so sure (not that it would have happened). But after Red Bulls antics and the Dutch fans showing themselves up yet again at a race track - had to crack a smile.
  • edited July 2021
    Red Bull have opened their skin for Mercedes to get under. It would be rude not to wouldn't it? If you are going to falsely accuse us of cheating, we will show you what cheating is, within the rules of course!
  • How’s this for a stat..... Lewis’ second out lap was faster than his first one.

Case (not that there is one) closed
  • edited July 2021
    Got to give Verstappen some credit... He just slaughtered the interviewer for asking about another potential first corner incident - Said that they've been asked about Silverstone all of Thursday and along with Lewis is fed up with it.

Felt that it should have been the reaction to the very first question on Thursday rather than let it fester until today though.
  • It's what journos are paid to do and after all the stink him and his team have stirred up over the past two weeks he deserves to be reminded that the FIA aren't just there for Red Bull.
  • Addickted said:
    It's what journos are paid to do and after all the stink him and his team have stirred up over the past two weeks he deserves to be reminded that the FIA aren't just there for Red Bull.
    Oh I completely agree - Have no problem with the Journalists asking the question. Its certainly the fault of Max and Red Bull for not shutting down the question even sooner as they've allowed it to last this long
  • Sponsored links:

• Their continual moaning, groaning and appealing hasn't helped their situation.  

Could easily have closed it down ten days ago and just moved on.
  • Mercedes don’t want to shut it down because they know it’s got under Red Bull’s skin, that Red Bull are making fools of themselves, and that popular opinion is one their side. Red Bull should’ve parked it last Sunday but they’ve made a ridiculous fuss of it and backed themselves into a corner so had to double down and keep whining.

Mercedes will be loving it. 

Great Quali for Merc too. Front row lock out on the better race tyre. The pendulum has swung quickly back in their direction when the season looked to be getting away from them before Silverstone. 
  • Start is crucial tomorrow, if the RBs get ahead early doors they could turn it into a two stop which we know from previous can work.
  • edited July 2021
    Horrible incident @ Brands Hatch today with a car crashing into and flipping along the barriers

Has resulted in an badly injured marshal by the sounds of things

Also about four drivers injured in a crash @ the 24 hours of Spa including Jack Aitkin who was taken to hospital - Thankfully no life threatening injuries to any of those involved there
  • Aah shit. I hired Jacks brother Max into our F1 hospitality team recently. Gonna check in to see how Jack is - Max raced as well... really lovely family 
  • edited July 2021
    Aah shit. I hired Jacks brother Max into our F1 hospitality team recently. Gonna check in to see how Jack is - Max raced as well... really lovely family 
    Doesnt sound anything overly serious the way I'm reading tweets... Although seen the crash and it was right near where Antonie Hubert died being in different style cars the risk wasnt quite the same - Doesnt look like a Max was involved in the accident.

https://www.motorsport.com/gtwce-endurance/news/spa-24h-aitken-rigon-hospital-four-car-raidillon-crash/6639911/

• It looks like a key factor for Mercedes is getting both cars in front of Max at the start. This is the part of the season where Bottas drives himself into next year's car or not. Absolute madness if Mercedes don't dangle that carrot at a stage where Hamilton is going to need the full co-operation of his team mate.
  • Just popped up that the Marshall has been killed. RIP.
  • WSS said:
    Just popped up that the Marshall has been killed. RIP.
    Thats very sad but not surprising given the accident - RIP
  • Aah shit. I hired Jacks brother Max into our F1 hospitality team recently. Gonna check in to see how Jack is - Max raced as well... really lovely family 
    Doesnt sound anything overly serious the way I'm reading tweets... Although seen the crash and it was right near where Antonie Hubert died being in different style cars the risk wasnt quite the same - Doesnt look like a Max was involved in the accident.

https://www.motorsport.com/gtwce-endurance/news/spa-24h-aitken-rigon-hospital-four-car-raidillon-crash/6639911/

Jacks brother doesn’t race anymore - he just text me to say Jack has a broken collar bone and two fractured vertebrae. He is stable - could have been a lot more serious 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2021
    Aah shit. I hired Jacks brother Max into our F1 hospitality team recently. Gonna check in to see how Jack is - Max raced as well... really lovely family 

Jacks brother doesn’t race anymore - he just text me to say Jack has a broken collar bone and two fractured vertebrae. He is stable - could have been a lot more serious 
    Yeah all those who have been able to walk away from both Brands Hatch and Spa have been lucky today.

Hopefully Aitkin will recover quickly and we'll see him back in a car sooner rather than later
  • Looks like we could well end up with a wet race today

Was a bit nuts in the F3 this morning
  • It throws it all up in the air. But it isn't clear how wet yet? Which poses problems in itself.
  • We’ll, that start was a right mess wasn’t it?
  • Oh cmon, we cant have a red flag with another standing start

There are two Williams cars in the points for god sake
  • No doubt Horner will find a way to blame Hamilton for that…
    🤪
  • Lando took out Verstappen.

Part of his Mercedes contract negotiations.
  • WSS said:
    VB taking out both RBs.

Conspiracy theorists unite.
    FFS. The broadcasters deliberately speculating on Red Bull complaining about Bottas. Ludicrous. Nothing Bottas could do - his brakes just didn’t work.
    To his credit, Crofty just rubbished it, but it shouldn’t even have been raised. 
    Pure sensationalism.
  • Well that’s a screw up