Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• 10 second penalty for Lewis, that’s his race fucked
    Thought it was a stop go, will just be served on his pit stop.
  • Hopefully that penalty gives Lando a great opportunity to win
  • Well, whatever your view on the incident and the punishment, it’s certainly made the race more interesting and at least doubled the number of potential winners. 
  • 6 second pit stop for Norris, what a shame.
  • Gutted for Lando, this race goes from bad to worse
  • edited July 2021
    In a sport where 0.1 seconds is seen as a significant amount of time, it’s incredible that a time penalty is measured by a bloke with a stopwatch who just taps his lead mechanic on the shoulder once it’s done. And that the guy measuring it works for the team being penalized. 
  • edited July 2021
    JiMMy 85 said:
    I’m not a Lewis supporter but have to say @Leeds_Addick, you really seem to have it in for him. Why is that? 

Seemed to me that Max was prepared to crash rather than lose the place. The way he threw his car around to stop Lewis - particularly having already made his blocking move in that sequence - was short-term thinking. The sort of thing Hamilton did when he was young and naive. 

I also thought Max going off the track to maintain the lead should’ve resulted in him giving the place up. 
    It started as him winning race after race became incredibly boring so I started picking up on his whining every time something doesn’t go his way. The “tyres are gone” radio messages when he’d then win the race by a country mile over the last few years drove me crazy. Also, the incident today isn’t the first time his driving has been questionable.

I understand the point that the things I complain about are probably why he’s arguably the best driver of all time but it grates on me nonetheless. 

I love him as a person but as a driver, no thanks.

As for today, Max wasn't trying to stop him, he was taking the fastest line through the corner.
  • Race done here then, I would expect. Hamilton and Bottas are swapped by Merc, Hamilton will close a bit on Leclerc but Leclerc will win unless his engine goes bang. 
  • Well I got the first bit right. Never like seeing but no option really for Mercedes there. 
  • Sponsored links:

• How the hell is Verstappen currently second in the driver of the day pole. The geezer didn’t complete a lap. People talk about Hamilton fan boys but Verstappen fans are ridiculously one eyed.  
    It's not just Max, it's anyone but Lewis. Was the same when Seb was winning and before that Schumacher. 
  • Leclerc been looking after his tyres, plus they’re 2 laps younger. Lewis’s will run out if time here, but he’s done great to get into a position to pressurize Leclerc. 
  • edited July 2021
    Get in Lewis, brilliant 
  • Get in there Lewis. Balls out and cock in the custard there!
  • Why is everything ‘punchy’? What does that even mean?! 
  • How the hell is Verstappen currently second in the driver of the day pole. The geezer didn’t complete a lap. People talk about Hamilton fan boys but Verstappen fans are ridiculously one eyed.  
    Lewis driver of the day
  • cafcpolo said:
    How the hell is Verstappen currently second in the driver of the day pole. The geezer didn’t complete a lap. People talk about Hamilton fan boys but Verstappen fans are ridiculously one eyed.  
    It's not just Max, it's anyone but Lewis. Was the same when Seb was winning and before that Schumacher. 
    I get that, but how is Verstappen in the list in a race he essentially wasn’t ever in!
  • cafcpolo said:
    How the hell is Verstappen currently second in the driver of the day pole. The geezer didn’t complete a lap. People talk about Hamilton fan boys but Verstappen fans are ridiculously one eyed.  
    I get that, but how is Verstappen in the list in a race he essentially wasn’t ever in!
    Anti Hamilton morons. Simple as that.
  • Sponsored links:

• FFS, delighted for Lewis but so gutted I wasn’t there. 
  • Nice one Sir Lewis.
  • I’m positive they will give Hamilton a penalty they seem anti racing & it will liven the race up
    Well it certainly made for a good race. Fantastic drive from Hamilton. Good job from LeClerc too.

Horner can bugger off. Whinging git.
    😎
  • The greatest of all time amazing driving
  • Fair play Lewis - you’ve got some bollocks
  • 52g impact on Verstappen. Ouch. 
  • Nice one Sir Lewis.
    Tax exiles should not get a knighthood 
  • cafcpolo said:
    I’m positive they will give Hamilton a penalty they seem anti racing & it will liven the race up
    Well it certainly made for a good race. Fantastic drive from Hamilton. Good job from LeClerc too.

Horner can bugger off. Whinging git.
    😎
    He’ll be whining like a bitch tonight 
    Him and Helmut having a cry together. Imagine calling for a race ban.
    Pair of wankers, especially considering Max is one of their drivers, not exactly a shrinking violet when it comes to getting his elbows out.