Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• Amazing how Charles managed to avoid a collision. Shows the mentality of the two.
  • Nice one Sir Lewis.
    Tax exiles should not get a knighthood 
    He’s in the top 5000 tax payers in the UK not bad for someone that earns 90% of his wages in other countries he files tax returns in 4 different countries
  • Marko and Horner are like the master and apprentice of moaning and stirring the pot. Earlier in the week Marko was talking about looking at signing George , now he's wanting a race ban for Lewis. 
  • cafcpolo said:
    I’m positive they will give Hamilton a penalty they seem anti racing & it will liven the race up
    Well it certainly made for a good race. Fantastic drive from Hamilton. Good job from LeClerc too.

Horner can bugger off. Whinging git.
    😎
    He’ll be whining like a bitch tonight 
    Him and Helmut having a cry together. Imagine calling for a race ban.
    Pair of wankers, especially considering Max is one of their drivers, not exactly a shrinking violet when it comes to getting his elbows out.
    They'll have Geri skiing with them later using each others tears as lube.
  • edited July 2021
    You see it with football managers when they lose. If you are competitive, that comes out sometimes when a microphone gets pushed in your face. Horner, will I'm sure think better of it when the anger subsides. Which it will. 
  • Sponsored links:

• He was in hospital as a precaution and he is fine. Stop mentioning that you are in hospital for effect and learn from it and try to win the next race. I believe there is a bigger lesson for Max to learn today than Lewis. Not sure he will learn it though. At the moment, he has the fastest car so keep away from these sort of battles.
  • I think Bottas has given a timely reminder that as long as Hamilton is the number 1, Mercedes needs to seriously reflect on replacing him. He is a great number 2 IMO. He won't like the sound of that, but it is what it is. If he isn't happy with it, he should leave, but Mercedes should keep him if he doesn't.
  • To be fair to max, he probably has someone/a team from red bull that look after his social media and either wrote that on his behalf or told him exactly what to write 

a bit like when premier league footballers post things on Twitter like

”say something about the fans playing their part today” 

because they haven’t read what they’re being told to say and copy and pasted it 
  • edited July 2021
    You’re probably right Dave. It’s a twatty comment whoever wrote it though. Been good respect between the two drivers and teams up to now. It was always a fragile peace that was unlikely to last but the gloves clearly came off today. Might get a bit ugly from here on in. 
  • It doesn't hep Max it getting ugly. He has to remember he is fighting against a 7 times World champion and all the knowledge that comes with it.
  • It’s just PR. Red Bull are trying to claim the high ground, that’s all. 
    Personally, I think Horner and Verstappen have both done themselves no favours here. A bit of a poor show to still be whining about a racing incident, even if you do think it was worse than pretty much the rest of the planet. But whatever. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2021
    The problem is, if the positions were changed as Jimmy said, I believe Hamilton would have avoided the crash. And definitely a driver like Alonso would too. Verstappen has used that in his driving style in the past absolutely. Why, because irrespective of the rules, the driver with most to lose needs to be mindful of that. Hamilton is usually in front in the championship so has ducked out of these confrontations, and Verstappen has asked the question of him a few times this season. 

But when you are a long way behind in the Championship and this is probably your only chance to get in front in the race, you have less to lose. I'm sure Hamilton went into that corner determined not to back out and Verstappen should have forgotten about whose corner it was and respected that. It was about 65% Hamilton and 35% Verstappen but in terms of foolishness it was nearer 95% Verstappen.

Whilst it was Hamilton's fault according to the rules, and I accept that, both drivers could have avoided the collision and for that reason, I think a penalty was harsh. Again it comes down to who had the most to lose. Given he had the superior car, I think Verstappen could still have won the race and even if he came second, he would have had a big lead still. 
  • edited July 2021
    The problem is, if the positions were changed, I believe Hamilton would have avoided the crash. And definitely a driver like Alonso would too. Why, because irrespective of the rules, the driver with most to lose needs to be mindful of that. Hamilton is usually in front in the championship so has ducked out of these confrontations, and Verstappen has asked the question of him a few times this season. 

But when you are a long way behind in the Championship and this is probably your only chance to get in front in the race, you have less to lose. I'm sure Hamilton went into that corner determined not to back out and Verstappen should have forgotton about whose corner it was and respected that. It was about 65% Hamilton and 35% Verstappen but in terms of foolishness it was nearer 95% Verstappen.

Whilst it was Hamilton's fault according to the rules, and I accept that, both drivers could have avoided the collision and for that reason, I think a penalty was harsh. Again it comes down to who had the most to lose. Given he had the superior car, I think Verstappen could still have won the race and even if he came second, he would have had a big lead still. 
    Dont forget that there have already been two close calls that Hamilton has already backed out of... both occasions in the opening corners @ Barcelona and Imola which could have sent them both out the race, just as much as today could have done.

Given those moments, Verstappen is almost acting like the bully who has pinched Hamilton's sweets and will keep doing it because he knows that Hamilton wont react - Well sorry Max, you've got a reaction that you were asking for, so dont go crying to teacher over it!!
  • edited July 2021
    I haven't forgotten. Hamilton will back out if he has something to lose but today he probably felt he didn't. Being a world champion is often about getting these judgements right. Horner could actually school his driver and use it as a positive rather than play the card he has. If it is all Hamilton's fault there is nothing to learn.  
  • A good quote to prove the point.
  • The reaction by Red Bull to pit Chico for soft tyres just to take the extra point away from Lewis was just unsporting and disrespectful  B)
  • edited July 2021
    I didn't see that as unsporting. It was an opportunity to take a point off a rival. It is on a par with going for a fastest lap when your position is safe and you can't win. Perez couldn't get any points so it made sense to take one from their close rival. I'm sure Mercedes would have done the same in the same position.

What was unsporting was all the ridiculous verbals afterwards.
  • Horner is such a fist... that to me, didn't deserve a penalty. He is also forgetting Max is the most aggressive driver on the track, and has put hamilton in those situations multiple times. Lewis has the brain to pick his battles, Verstappen does not
  • CAFCsayer said:
    Horner is such a fist... that to me, didn't deserve a penalty. He is also forgetting Max is the most aggressive driver on the track, and has put hamilton in those situations multiple times. Lewis has the brain to pick his battles, Verstappen does not
    Quality, haven’t heard that for ages 🤣