Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• Can’t see him getting a penalty there. 
  • Haven't watched any part of a formula 1 race for I reckon over 5 years.
    Was flicking between the cricket and the golf and saw them on the starting grid and thought I'd give it a quick watch.

Wow!
  • Can’t see him getting a penalty there. 
    Neither can I but he should do
  • Croydon said:
    Max didn't leave a cars width did he?
    He was ahead and on the racing line. Lewis went inside and turned into him
    Racing incident all day
  • edited July 2021
    He was turning in the corner. I think both had space to avoid but obviously the car in second has to use that space but the line between giving nothing away and giving space is so tight. When you drive against Verstappen, you know he will give you nothing, so you can't give him anything. This thing happens all the time further down the field and normally there isn't a penalty. That is why I don't think there will be one.
  • Croydon said:
    Not sure if he turned into him. May be my British bias, but I would say a penalty would be harsh
  • Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Not sure if he turned into him. May be my British bias, but I would say a penalty would be harsh
    Yep 50/50 these guys have gota b able to race & those 1st laps is what the fans want to see
  • Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Yep 50/50 these guys have gota b able to race & those 1st laps is what the fans want to see
    Not for me, rest of the race is dead in the water now. 

Lewis should’ve been tighter to the corner, he’s practically in the middle of the track when max goes for the apex. 
  • I’m positive they will give Hamilton a penalty they seem anti racing & it will liven the race up
  • edited July 2021
    He probably should have, but we have to view it in the context of guys that don't give anything. Verstappen never does. That is why they are winners.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2021
    I think he will get a penalty because that is the way the stewards run things these days. I don’t think it should be a penalty though, if you actually want real racing you have to view that as a racing incident. Max did not know exactly where Hamilton was and closed the gap a bit perhaps not knowing Hamilton was in it. Hamilton had every right to go for the gap and was very much in it. If Hamilton has more room on the inside, Verstappen has more on the outside. 

Horner piping up whining as usual, but you’d expect him to be saying that to try and limit any points advantage Hamilton gets from this. 
  • edited July 2021
    If you are ahead, you only have to give just enough room. So technically Hamilton is more to blame but at that speed you can punish and tell drivers not to race or you can accept it for what it it is. A racing incident. No way Hamilton intended an accident.
  • I think he will get a penalty because that is they way the stewards run thing these days. I don’t think it should be a penalty though, if you actually want real racing you have to view that as a racing incident. Max dis not know exactly where Hamilton was and closed the gap a bit perhaps not knowing Hamilton was in it. Hamilton had every right to go for the gap and was very much in it. If Hamilton has more room on the inside, Verstappen has more on the outside. 

Horner piping up whining as usual, but you’d expect him to be saying that to try and limit any points advantage Hamilton gets from this. 
    100%
  • Was always going to happen at some stage this season!!

Be interesting if they give a penalty, front wheel of HAM touches the back wheel of VER, thats no different to the incident yesterday where Russell got a penalty for hitting Sainz, just not at similar high speeds.
  • If you are ahead, you only have to give just enough room. So technically Hamilton is more to blame but at that speed you can punish and tell drivers not to race or you can accept it for what it it is. A racing incident. No way Hamilton intended an accident.
    Meh I’m not so sure. Hamilton would’ve rather Max is taken out entirely than go into lap 2 behind him. 
  • edited July 2021
    Yes, he would rather that happen, but there is a difference between it favouring you and intending for it to happen. That looked a racing incident with two drivers on the limit. It was great to watch yesterday and great today. When you race to those limits you will get incidents. If the solution is to force drivers not to race to the limits, well it doesn't help the sport. The outcome was unfortunate. 
  • If you are ahead, you only have to give just enough room. So technically Hamilton is more to blame but at that speed you can punish and tell drivers not to race or you can accept it for what it it is. A racing incident. No way Hamilton intended an accident.
    Meh I’m not so sure. Hamilton would’ve rather Max is taken out entirely than go into lap 2 behind him. 
    Just don’t see that from Hamilton no way he’s happy about it , think he’d rather b 2nd & racing than 1st in a sport you can’t race in  
  • Anyway, enjoy the rest of this. I’m sure that “racing incident” will be great for the rest of the race. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2021
    I think if that happened between an Alpine and an Alfa it is a racing incident. Lewis is more to blame, I don't disagree, but the level of blame is not at the level where a punishment is necessary. If it is, 5 or 10 seconds at the end of the race tops. The outcome was unfortunate.
  • Horner really winds me up. If that’s not a corner where you should try to over take on safety grounds then neither is it a corner where you should turn in on someone on your inside.

If drivers don’t go go fir gaps like that then we will never again see some
    of the great overtakes of the past, like around the outside of 130R or side by side through Eau Rouge. 
  • Absolutely a racing incident. 100%.

Anyone who thinks otherwise to either driver is juat bias. The slow mo replays confirm it without a doubt.

Saying that, I think the stewards will punish Lewis to appease RB.
  • 10 sec pen. Ridiculous decision.
  • 10s lovely 
  • Ridiculous decision. 
  • 10 second penalty for Lewis, that’s his race fucked
  • Correct decision given 
  • edited July 2021
    10 second penalty for Lewis, that’s his race fucked
    He’ll win this by 15-20 seconds once he’s ahead of Leclerc. Having your race fucked for fucking someone’s race seems a fair penalty anyway.