Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• Vettel has received a three place grid penalty so puts Russell in P8 for the start now
  • bobmunro said:
    ozaddick said:
    I only found out today that redbull are still upgrading their car this season, where Mercedes have shelved any new development on theirs to focus on the 2022 car. The result of this is becoming very clear. 

Yes, Toto confirmed that last week.

Next season will be very, very interesting. Mercedes have far more resource at their disposal than Red Bull.
    Toto chats absolute shite though
  • sam3110 said:
    bobmunro said:
    ozaddick said:
    I only found out today that redbull are still upgrading their car this season, where Mercedes have shelved any new development on theirs to focus on the 2022 car. The result of this is becoming very clear. 

Yes, Toto confirmed that last week.

Next season will be very, very interesting. Mercedes have far more resource at their disposal than Red Bull.
    Toto chats absolute shite though
    Cheers Sam, I hope that's the case or its season over for Hamilton. 
  • edited July 2021
    Of course they will try to improve the car. If Verstappen has a problem today, Hamilton will probably be top in the standings so it would be ridiculous to give up. Mercedes have one of the best track records in their ability to improve their car through a season, Whether they manage it or not is another matter, but the Championship is too close for them to give up on.
  • FFS... Seems Russell feels he has a problem with the rear of the car on the way to the grid
  • That Austrian anthem… WTF? 😂
  • Penalty for Norris is very harsh. Even Christian Horner said it was a racing incident.
    agreed. It didnt even look like they touched on that last replay and Perez wasnt ahead of Lando so he should have had to yield.
  • Penalty for Norris is very harsh. Even Christian Horner said it was a racing incident.
    Ridiculous decision 
  • That was surely always the risk for Perez taking the outside line

Even more ridiculous when you consider that Leclerc didnt get a single penalty despite taking out about three cars last week
  • Sponsored links:

• Penalty for Perez now then? 
  • edited July 2021
  • Good... I dont agree with either being penalties but if one is then would be ridiculous if the other wasnt
  • Another pathetic penalty for Perez.
  • Great drive from Lando, up to 3rd.
  • Plus Russell’s got half a chance of scoring some points
  • Not fair on Russell, so deserved a point for that defence.

Of course there was another DNF but was behind him!! 
  • Quality comment from Lando in a post race interview. Russell butted in, shook his hand and commented that Lando was sweating. Lando replied “it’s champagne, I don’t sweat”
  • edited July 2021
    Australian GP has been cancelled.
  • Sponsored links:

• FFS, just had an email off the hotel we’ve booked for Saturday night to say they’ve had to close for quarantine.
  • FFS, just had an email off the hotel we’ve booked for Saturday night to say they’ve had to close for quarantine.
    FFS sorry to hear this, hope you're able to get something else sorted
    FFS sorry to hear this, hope you're able to get something else sorted
    Cheers mate, can’t see anything remotely nearby at the moment. Worse case scenario we just drive up 1st thing Sunday. At least it’s not too far.
  • Found a decent looking pub to stay in a place called Wallingford. About miles from Silverstone but means we can have a couple of beers and relax the night before. Can’t fucking wait.
  • Norris mugged for £40K team watch after England game

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/57818938 

Surprised McLaren allowed him to attend given the risk of catcing Covid.
  • In more positive news (although the findings are anything but positive) I saw that Lewis published the first Hamilton Commission report yesterday

https://www.hamiltoncommission.org/

Fantastic that he's set this up and further proof that he will have a huge, huge legacy. I wish I liked him as a driver as much as I do a person.

Surprised McLaren allowed him to attend given the risk of catcing Covid.
    that was my thinking, I thought the teams were all bubbled up. 

I know its over here this weekend but isn't one of the conditions of not having to keep going in and out of quarantine when traveling between countries that they aren't exposing themselves (ooo eer)
  • edited July 2021
    Russell has already said there is nothing imminent in terms of a deal with Mercedes for 2022.

But god is there a lot of winding up on social media from both Russell / Mercedes today

If a deal doesnt happen at any point this season, it'll be more of a shock to the system than if it gets announced at this stage.
  • Russell has already said there is nothing imminent in terms of a deal with Mercedes for 2022.

But god is there a lot of winding up on social media from both Russell / Mercedes today

If a deal doesnt happen at any point this season, it'll be more of a shock to the system than if it gets announced at this stage.
    Get the feeling it's going to be announced after Hungary in the summer break. And I could see a Kimi announcement then too .