Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• MarcusH26 said:
    Russell has already said there is nothing imminent in terms of a deal with Mercedes for 2022.

But god is there a lot of winding up on social media from both Russell / Mercedes today

If a deal doesnt happen at any point this season, it'll be more of a shock to the system than if it gets announced at this stage.
    Get the feeling it's going to be announced after Hungary in the summer break. And I could see a Kimi announcement then too .
    Retirement with Bottas replacing him? - Or another new deal?
  • Could easily see Bottas to Alfa as a goer , don't think they'll promote Pourchaire from F2 this year despite his talent. 
  • FFS, just had an email off the hotel we’ve booked for Saturday night to say they’ve had to close for quarantine.
    U have any troubles give me a shout , my pubs empty & 5 mins from the track.
  • FFS, just had an email off the hotel we’ve booked for Saturday night to say they’ve had to close for quarantine.
    Thanks mate, really appreciate it. We managed to get booked into a hotel in Wallingford, about 40 mile from Silverstone but means we can have a few beers Saturday night and don't have too far a drive in the morning.

Of course, if your beer taps are on, that's a different story!!
    Thanks mate, really appreciate it. We managed to get booked into a hotel in Wallingford, about 40 mile from Silverstone but means we can have a few beers Saturday night and don't have too far a drive in the morning.

Of course, if your beer taps are on, that's a different story!!
    Been a while since I had beer in them taps but I got a lota bottles ready , I’m starting there Sunday morning then I’ll walk to the track & back after the race to save the parking agro, I’ll drive up Saturday & park in dadford at a locals then hop over the field 
  • edited July 2021
    BIL has bailed on me for Sunday now. He caught Covid at the Germany game and although is now clear, still feels rough and is reluctant to go to another big crowd event.

Part of me agrees with him, I'm due to be going on holiday Monday week and don't want to catch it but part of me is guuted, not just because £600 worth of tickets are going to waste.
  • BIL has bailed on me for Sunday now. He caught Covid at the Germany game and alhtogh is now clear, still feels rough and is reluctant to go to another big crowd. event.

Part of me agrees with him, I'm due to be going on holiday Monday week and don't want to catch it but part of me is guuted, not just because £600 worth of tickets are going to waste.
    What tickets have you got m8? I get asked every year by countless people presuming i shit comp tickets but some will be prepared to pay although locally the numbers are down & most are unhappy with 140k on our doorstep!
  • Spitfire76 said:
    BIL has bailed on me for Sunday now. He caught Covid at the Germany game and alhtogh is now clear, still feels rough and is reluctant to go to another big crowd. event.

What tickets have you got m8? I get asked every year by countless people presuming i shit comp tickets but some will be prepared to pay although locally the numbers are down & most are unhappy with 140k on our doorstep!
    They're Woodcote Grandstand A tickets mate.
  • Spitfire76 said:
    BIL has bailed on me for Sunday now. He caught Covid at the Germany game and alhtogh is now clear, still feels rough and is reluctant to go to another big crowd. event.

I’ve posted info on my locals chat & the chat from brackley 
  • Sponsored links:

• Spitfire76 said:

Thanks mate, I’ve stuck them on ebay for a 24 hour listing. 
  • Spitfire76 said:

Are you still coming up & able to bring the tickets?
  • Spitfire76 said:

No mate, I’m not coming. They’re e-tickets though so can email them
  • Spitfire76 said:

What’s ur eBay listing m8?
  • went up to the track today a bit unplanned but I could hear the cars & couldn’t resist , so many people for a Friday , Buckingham & brackley towns are packed & as always there are some amazing cars shooting about the bypass 
  • Who knows how good the sprint will be tomorrow but I’m loving qualy at this time on a Friday
  • edited July 2021
    I must admit, I like this new format. Making Friday a significant/competitive day is surely a financial no brainer.
  • So the person that gets pole today... Starts from 1st tomorrow

The person who wins the Sprint race, starts from 1st on Sunday?
  • So the person that gets pole today... Starts from 1st tomorrow

Yep, person who wins the sprint also gets 3 points
  • edited July 2021
    So the person that gets pole today... Starts from 1st tomorrow

Yep, person who wins the sprint also gets 3 points
    Cheers I thought that was the case, was just listening to commentary and Crofty made me doubt myself.

I probably wasnt listening to him properly
  • Sponsored links:

• George Russell becomes Mr Friday today!! 
  • George Russell becomes Mr Friday today!! 
    Q3 would top it off nicely for him 
  • Spitfire76 said:

What’s ur eBay listing m8?
    Sorry mate, just seen this. They’ve sold now, managed to get £620 for them, which is a result as we’ve only lost £30. Still gutted.
  • That was obviously some lap from George

3 British drivers in Q3 😍
  • That was obviously some lap from George

3 British drivers in Q3 😍
    WHAT THE ABSOLUTE HELL
  • Absolutely sensational lap from George.
  • Loved the roar of the crowd when he crossed the line as well
  • He's got a great chance to be a nuisance tomorrow and Sunday if he can replicate that in Q3
  • I thought I also read they only get 1 set of softs for Q3, did they use them for the first run?
  • P8 for Russell... Gets that on merit this week!!