Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• Turkey has been re-added to the calendar in place of the Singapore GP

So the 1st - 3rd October

How long before it gets cancelled for a second time do we think?

So the 1st - 3rd October

It is the nature of things we are sadly getting used to with this virus sadly.

So the 1st - 3rd October

It is the nature of things we are sadly getting used to with this virus sadly.
    Just surprised they'd take the risk with Turkey having to cancel again rather than have a double header somewhere more reliable, like here in Britain for example - Although I guess the timings wouldnt work seeing its a date in October that needs replacing and despite moving the French GP forward a week, they'd have to move the dates of three other events to manage that for this situation.
  • I suspect it is because of existing financial commitments and that they have enough races if it does have to be cancelled.
  • Bottas gets a 3 place grid penalty for this 

https://streamable.com/jdmmot
  • Cant get a break can he
  • Bottas gets a 3 place grid penalty for this 

https://streamable.com/jdmmot
    Had to laugh at Crofty calling it "supreme car control" even if he was talking about the save
  • George Russell starts P10 tomorrow after Tsunoda got a grid penalty - Deserved to get into Q3 after Quali today but at least he gets to choose his tyres still.

Great opportunity to see a Williams in the points again tomorrow, just hope he doesn't end up flying backwards like in Portugal 
    Is he in the big 4 drivers with Verstappen, Hamilton and Leclerc? Seems to massive overachieve , in qualifying at least 
  • George Russell starts P10 tomorrow after Tsunoda got a grid penalty - Deserved to get into Q3 after Quali today but at least he gets to choose his tyres still.

Great opportunity to see a Williams in the points again tomorrow, just hope he doesn't end up flying backwards like in Portugal 
    The big negative about George being nicknamed “Mr Saturday” is that he often goes backwards (not literally, but position-wise!) during the race.
    I read this as evidence that he gets more out of the car in qualifying than you would expect, but you can see why some might think his Sunday performances are disappointing.
    At the end of the day, in my opinion he starts most races in a “false” position when you consider the quality of the Williams, and he’ll usually finish no higher than he started. He generally can’t really keep hold of the place he earns on a Saturday because no amount of talent can make that car over perform to such an extent for the duration of a two hour race.
  • Sponsored links:

• wmcf123 said:
    George Russell starts P10 tomorrow after Tsunoda got a grid penalty - Deserved to get into Q3 after Quali today but at least he gets to choose his tyres still.

Is he in the big 4 drivers with Verstappen, Hamilton and Leclerc? Seems to massive overachieve , in qualifying at least 
    Him and Lando certainly look to be flying the British flag long after Hamilton retires.

Russell's problem at the moment amongst the fans is he's seen as a "bottler" a lot on social media, partly because he's blown a few opportunities to get in the points for Williams when he perhaps should.

The other reason is he sets a great Quali lap but then goes backwards, is partly because he appears to be excellent over one lap when it matters compared to a lot of others, but then doesnt have the car to sustain it over the race pace when others (who are shite at Quali) have 50-laps to get it right and get past.

Really hope he gets the Mercedes seat alongside Hamilton next year as we'll truly see his potential then.
  • Unless we get rain or another crazy race for retirements I can't see George staying where he has qualified. Still a fantastic achievement to be 8 thousandths off properly making Q3 in a Williams. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Unless we get rain or another crazy race for retirements I can't see George staying where he has qualified. Still a fantastic achievement to be 8 thousandths off properly making Q3 in a Williams. 
    Cmon we saw the luck George had last week...

If anything he'll finish 11th with Mazepin | Schumacher or Latifi as the sole retirement
  • edited June 2021
    I'll never like Mazepin, but he really knows how to respond to the stick!!

Respect him a little bit for that

• He is in the seat because his family is rich. I don't know him to like him or not, but I don't think Verstappen or Hamilton wouldn't get much out of the Haas this season, so it is probably good for them that they are getting money from him.
  • He is in the seat because his family is rich. I don't know him to like him or not, but I don't think Verstappen or Hamilton wouldn't get much out of the Haas this season, so it is probably good for them that they are getting money from him.
    As a racer so far he appears a bit of a twat, squeezing Schumacher when it doesnt overly matter

Not to mention you had the incident over the winter - Had he been a Dan Ticktum or George Russell who wasnt bringing in Sponsorship to keep Haas alive etc. then he surely would have been dropped for those actions
  • It may not be that he is a twat, more that his ability is not at the level of the others. That can be the case when you are in the team through money and not merit. He is probably a very decent driver but F1 is for the very best drivers in the world.
  • OH CMON WILLIAMS!!! 
  • OH CMON WILLIAMS!!! 
    Poor George. Just can’t catch a break.
  • OH CMON WILLIAMS!!! 
    Poor George. Just can’t catch a break.
    Williams dont deserve him!! - Especially when Nissany gets used in Free Practice over Ticktum.
  • Sponsored links:

• So so gutting for George, looked genuinely there on pace with Alonso before the PU issues. 
  • edited June 2021
    MarcusH26 said:
    So so gutting for George, looked genuinely there on pace with Alonso before the PU issues. 
    Only thing he had to worry about was the undercut with those behind him

But then again could easily have done the undercut on Alonso himself

Thank god they're back in Austria again next week, so that George has another opportunity here
  • Now he retires completely!!
  • We were overdue a boring race. A big shower in 5 mins would be nice!
  • Well that was pretty dominant from Max. Hopefully we get some rain to spice it up next weekend.
  • It is a long season and if any team is going to find something, you would bet on Mercedes, but they do have to find something.
  • I think this is the point where Williams are beginning to hinder Russell’s progress. Lando getting so many points will be doing wonders for his confidence and Russell is good enough to be doing the same in the right car. 

I think he gets the Merc seat next year but if not he’ll have to push for a move elsewhere imo 
  • It is looking like he will.
  • We were overdue a boring race. A big shower in 5 mins would be nice!
    Monaco was the worst race I’ve ever seen 

The big negative about George being nicknamed “Mr Saturday” is that he often goes backwards (not literally, but position-wise!) during the race.
    I read this as evidence that he gets more out of the car in qualifying than you would expect, but you can see why some might think his Sunday performances are disappointing.
    At the end of the day, in my opinion he starts most races in a “false” position when you consider the quality of the Williams, and he’ll usually finish no higher than he started. He generally can’t really keep hold of the place he earns on a Saturday because no amount of talent can make that car over perform to such an extent for the duration of a two hour 
    Nit sure this is right. George Russell battered everyone in F2 including Norris. His one GP in the Mercedes he should have won but for dodgy pit stops. He’s a very fast driver in a very shit car.