Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• Nice one Bottas, twat.
    Might as well go straight to the job centre
  • Nice one Bottas, twat.
    He’s just a terrible 1v1 driver. Decent at qualifying but never does the business in the race. 

Max will still find it tough getting past Lewis as 1v1 racing is probably where Lewis shines brightest (aside from in the rain, qualifying, tyre management and everything else). 
  • Jesus. Just needed to hold him up for one or two laps.
    And now he’s deflecting by complaining about the strategy. No Valterri. You fucked up.
  • edited June 2021
    As long as his tyres don't blow, he could make it. Needs to take 7 tenths a lap.

Edit. Massive chunk out that lap 🤦
    And now he’s deflecting by complaining about the strategy. No Valterri. You fucked up.
    Tyres were definitely done but he needs to understand he was there to hold up Max and anyone else in that car would have done a better job than he did. 
  • Makes me chuckle... Bottas "We should have been on a two stop strategy" - Mercedes: "Okay we'll bring you in again then" 
    Tyres were definitely done but he needs to understand he was there to hold up Max and anyone else in that car would have done a better job than he did
    And this is the sad truth, unfortunately for Valtteri.
  • Too close now, I think Max has got this. Needed Valterri to hold him up for ar least another lap.
  • cafcpolo said:
    Too close now, I think Max has got this. Needed Valterri to hold him up for ar least another lap.
    Max has 1 chance imo and it could go either way. 

Regardless that’s a sublime drive from Lewis, fair play today 
  • Strategy won this race. Fair play.
  • Sponsored links:

• Great race from Russell to get 12th for Williams

Almost a point for them 
  • Mercedes need to up their game, very unlike them at the moment. Lewis has done a bloody good job of limiting the damage today.
    Totally agree. 
    I mentioned earlier that I think Red Bull have their number strategically at the moment.
    If they start giving their drivers decent strategic back up they’ll be back in it. If not, they might as well give the championship up now.
  • Great race from Russell to get 12th for Williams

Almost a point for them 
    Good 5th place for Lando as well
  • Mercedes used to make the occasional strategic error. This season they have made several. At the moment it is what is making the difference. 
  • Is it me or are some of that band doing the anthems out of tune?
  • Red bull certainly have the edge at the moment. That undercut has worked very well for them this season as well as having the quicker car 
  • Mercedes used to make the occasional strategic error. This season they have made several. At the moment it is what is making the difference. 
    To be fair, Hamilton cocked it up in Baku by being greedy for the win.
  • Bottas needed to hold up Verstappen a bit for Hamilton to win. Having said that, Hamilton couldn't stop him to be fair. I'm sure Mercedes will come back at them and this makes for a great title race.
  • Why didn't Bottas come in and change tyres to go for the fastest lap? He was almost a minute in front of Lando and would have stolen the bonus point from Verstappen?
  • Sponsored links:

• Addickted said:
    Mercedes used to make the occasional strategic error. This season they have made several. At the moment it is what is making the difference. 
    I guess you could argue that, but the only reason that mistake happened was the odd circumstances of accidentally knocking a switch on. He was right to go for the lead, because he had the opportunity. it’s just circumstances that the brakes failed. 
    I don’t want to defend him too much though. At Monaco, for example, he (and Mercedes) were both shite.
  • edited June 2021
    Felt to me like Mercedes lost that race at the first round of pit stops. Why bring Bottas in first? Presumably to threaten Verstappen with the undercut and force him to stop. So why then, with the undercut allowing over takes up and down the field (Bottas basically the only one who didn’t make that work because he’s just shit in the race these days) would you leave Hamilton out a lap longer than Verstappen and allow the undercut on him?

Merc strategists got some plaudits a few races ago, but they dropped a bollock here. The pressure is making both teams and drivers make mistakes. It’s still nip and tuck, but momentum is with Red Bull right now. 
  • Mercs strategists have made some weird calls this season. Will be interesting to see how things go at the Red Bull Ring. 
  • edited June 2021
    Addickted said:
    Mercedes used to make the occasional strategic error. This season they have made several. At the moment it is what is making the difference. 
    I guess you could argue that, but the only reason that mistake happened was the odd circumstances of accidentally knocking a switch on. He was right to go for the lead, because he had the opportunity. it’s just circumstances that the brakes failed. 
    I don’t want to defend him too much though. At Monaco, for example, he (and Mercedes) were both shite.
    Yeah, in Baku his rear brakes were basically switched off. It wasn’t greedy, he’s had no brakes. He’d have missed the corner whether he was going for the overtake or not. Had the rears been working he would have made the corner comfortably amd taken the lead. 

Monaco was a disaster though. 
  • Addickted said:
    He accidentally knocked a switch which meant that his brake bias was wrong. Nothing to do with being greedy. 
  • Let’s not forget that Verstappen screwed up the first lap by missing turn 2, but the strategists helped him get out of that hole. He has not been individually flawless either - as the season draws on, and the pressure gets more and more intense (as long as it stays this tight), we will see more more mistakes from both teams and drivers. 
  • The race was won on strategy and Mercedes have won races on strategy. The problem is, the correct strategy was only a lap and a bit better. 
  • F*****g get in, British GP to have a capacity crowd. Missed last year and am so looking forward to going. Splashed out on Woodcote grandstand seats and have a hotel booked for the Saturday night. 
    Nice one DM. Enjoy!
  • F*****g get in, British GP to have a capacity crowd. Missed last year and am so looking forward to going. Splashed out on Woodcote grandstand seats and have a hotel booked for the Saturday night. 
    Nice one DM. Enjoy!
    Cheers mate, I fully intend to.