Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• Very interested to see how Baku goes in a couple of weeks , it seems to lurch from borefest to craziness 
  • I’m off to Brands Hatch next weekend to see some proper F1 cars in the Masters Historic meeting. Old school Mclarens, Williams, Lotus etc plus a host of classic support races, including saloons, Le Mans & GT cars. 

Well worth going if you’re into that type of thing

Im keen to go but cant see what cars are entered, bit of a waste if its a depleted field.
  • edited May 2021
    Hal1x said:
    I’m off to Brands Hatch next weekend to see some proper F1 cars in the Masters Historic meeting. Old school Mclarens, Williams, Lotus etc plus a host of classic support races, including saloons, Le Mans & GT cars. 

Im keen to go but cant see what cars are entered, bit of a waste if its a depleted field.
    As with last year’s meeting, expect there’ll be fairly big grids for all the races. With there not being many meetings recently, a lot of owners will be keen to participate.

My cars booked into the display of classics on the Sunday and that had sold out a couple of weeks ago. Noticed that the Paddock Hill grandstand is full on the Sunday as well.
  • Paddock Hill Stand has to be one of the best places to watch a race from. I used to go down there regularly when I lived in London. Fantastic view of the whole club circuit. 
  • I have been for yonks so I might well go. I like to walk around the whole circuit and through the woods watching the cars at different parts of the track.
  • I turned on the pre race press conference last week and Hamilton looked in a foul mood. You know, when whatever they are asked, they are going to pick holes with the question or hit back on it. I thought this was a bit unusual for him and wonder if it was linked to him knowing it would be a tough weekend or whether it contributed to it being a tough weekend.
  • I turned on the pre race press conference last week and Hamilton looked in a foul mood. You know, when whatever they are asked, they are going to pick holes with the question or hit back on it. I thought this was a bit unusual for him and wonder if it was linked to him knowing it would be a tough weekend or whether it contributed to it being a tough weekend.
    Don't they have the longest car on the grid? Mercedes always look cumbersome in slow twisty street sections of circuit, they tend to excel in medium to high speed corners. Take Singapore a couple of years ago for instance, they went there knowing they were well off the Ferraris.

Also he's only actually won the Monaco GP 3 times, which when you consider how many times he's turned up there in the fastest car, and at the top of the standings, it's quite a surprise, he's won at the Hungaroring 8 times by comparison
  • Yes, the circuit doesn't suit the car. Bottas did a better job for much of the weekend though. 
  • I’m off to Brands Hatch next weekend to see some proper F1 cars in the Masters Historic meeting. Old school Mclarens, Williams, Lotus etc plus a host of classic support races, including saloons, Le Mans & GT cars. 

Yep - my son and I are going on the Sunday - went last year - brilliant day out - the noise is off the scale 
  • Hal1x said:
    I have been for yonks so I might well go. I like to walk around the whole circuit and through the woods watching the cars at different parts of the track.
    Out the back, watching the cars take Dingle Dell is brilliant 
  • Sponsored links:

• Hal1x said:
    I have been for yonks so I might well go. I like to walk around the whole circuit and through the woods watching the cars at different parts of the track.
    Out the back, watching the cars take Dingle Dell is brilliant 

• Max Mosley, the British racing driver who went on to run motorsport's world governing body and became a prominent privacy campaigner, has died aged 81.

His death was confirmed by ex-Formula 1 boss Bernie Ecclestone.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57232681

• Looking like another bad weekend for the Mercs!
  • Brilliant qualifying session, always love Baku 
  • Haha! Ferrari crash at the end of quali to guarantee a Ferrari pole.
    Where have we seen that before?
    🤔
  • LeClerc: “It was quite a shit lap I thought!”
    😂
  • Baku always produces absolute chaos. What a crazy session
  • edited June 2021
    Lando Norris has a three place grid penalty after that red flag incident.

Bit harsh I think, thought he took the safer option in a way rather than trying to make a late entry into the pits.

Although doing a bit of research it appears thats why he's only got a three place penalty, i.e. had he done that with plenty of time to react it would have been five places, if he'd had absolutely no time to react he wouldnt have had the penalty so probably fair on that respect.
  • Five seems to be the norm for this sort of thing so there is an acceptance it was a minor infringement.
  • Bit of a piss take of a penalty. A technical infringement that was safer than following the rules. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2021
    That’s a real shame for Verstappen, but I can’t say I’m unhappy about it.
    At the end of the day, he walked away from it. so that’s the main thing.
  • What a terrible shame for Verstappen, has been perfect all race and in total control when his rear left gives up with 4 laps to go. Obviously good for Lewis but not how he’d want to gain points.
  • Gutting. Both him and Perez drove a perfect race for Red Bull. What a crap way to decide a race. 

No doubt they restart and Hamilton comes home to win
  • I imagine they'll restart but if they don't then Max wins by the sound of it
  • Gutting. Both him and Perez drove a perfect race for Red Bull. What a crap way to decide a race. 

That’d be nice. 😉

That’d be nice. 😉
    I’ve learned by now that whatever happens in F1 it always somehow benefits Lewis 

That’d be nice. 😉
    I’ve learned by now that whatever happens in F1 it always somehow benefits Lewis 
    Oh, I don’t know about that. He’s been on the wrong end of some incidents in the past too, whether they be bad luck or decisions by the authorities. 
    I know you’re not his biggest fan and I appreciate that, but there’s no conspiracy in the fates supporting him.

Anyway, regardless of what happens now, like I said before, Verstappen and Stroll are both fine, so that’s the main thing. 👍🏼
  • edited June 2021
    This whole tyre situation is pretty crazy. Pirelli have come under a lot of criticism in the last few years and judging by the way everyone is openly criticising the tyres right now, this seems to be the straw that’s broken the back of the patience shown by the team principals.
    Obviously, the situation isn’t as bad as the 2005 Michelin farce, but Pirelli don’t fill me with confidence, and I don’t think them having the monopoly since 2007 helps either.
  • Got to question what Bottas has been doing out there today