Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• JohnBoyUK said:
    Alarm set for 5:45am, I must be bonkers.  If Verstappen is leading within 10 laps I'll be going back to bed!
    He'll be leading by the end of the first lap
  • Come on everyone but bloody Verstappen!
  • And....its back to bloody bed lol
  • Oh come on he cant be allowed to keep that place
  • Glad to see Lando walk away from that. Looked a horrible shunt that started a long way back 
  • FFS I get up @ 6am for this, and have a Power Cut right at the start of the race - Thankfully got my phone up and didnt miss the start!!
  • Wow... five second penalty to Verstappen, that'll teach him
  • The fans in the stands look cold...
  • WTF is Max on today???

Why the hell was he trying to pass in the tightest section of the track
  • Sponsored links:

• Wow... What a fucking great race this has been
  • Glad I made the effort to get up now.  And totally uninterrupted viewing as the kids are still in bed.  Happy days!
  • Now the top three are going to be driven to the Bellagio for the Post-Race Interview... (rather than the Cooldown room), and then they'll be driven back to the podium :D
  • That last lap Leclerc move was absolutely mega. Pretty entertaining race all round. 
  • edited November 2023
    Fake Taxi is taking a dark turn here - Perez being screwed?
  • Fun race probably my favourite of the season 
  • Worth getting up early for.  Max overly aggressive (again) at the start - but loads of overtaking and think the circuit is pretty good - but very slippery.  I heard they have signed a 10 year deal!
  • Thought Russell was a tad unlucky with the penalty. Max didn't really give him any other option 
  • Never known a driver get so lucky with safety cars as Verstappen. Leclerc wins that if the timing is better for him or the second safety car doesn’t happen. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Shame that the race was a bit of a damp squid for the most part

Either Pourchaire or Vesti deserved that F2 title

This season has proven that you just need consistency to win either the F2 or F3 Championship... the title winners of both have just three wins combined.

Vesti (second in F2) has six wins this season
  • The Prema was the quicker car throughout the season, so it's a big achievement for Pourchaire to win the title.
  • Found this a really interesting read: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/67492809.  Adrian Newey obviously a design genius.
  • edited November 2023
    Typical end to the see at Abu Dhabi, even Las Vegas was better than that!!

Charles Leclerc must be such a bugger to try and play Chess against, Ferrari dont deserve him - Neat idea to try and steal P2 in the WCC from Mercedes.
  • I just find Abu Dhabi a snooze fest. Track even with the changes still doesn't really work for me. 

I know they're locked in as the finale essentially forever but I'd love an Interlagos finale again. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    I just find Abu Dhabi a snooze fest. Track even with the changes still doesn't really work for me. 

I know they're locked in as the finale essentially forever but I'd love an Interlagos finale again. 
    Brazil or Japan will always have the weather as a potential factor, its one of the reasons they're such great tracks - Abu Dhabi needs an SC for anything interesting.

Even 2021 was dull, what with Hamilton running away with it
  • MarcusH26 said:
    I just find Abu Dhabi a snooze fest. Track even with the changes still doesn't really work for me. 

Brazil or Japan will always have the weather as a potential factor, its one of the reasons they're such great tracks - Abu Dhabi needs an SC for anything interesting.

Even F2 had Doohan scamper away up the road and most of the action wasn't for the win. Although I massively enjoyed the Maloney Vs Iwasa battle and aren't entirely sure why Red Bull have dropped Zane. 
  • edited November 2023
    MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:

Even F2 had Doohan scamper away up the road and most of the action wasn't for the win. Although I massively enjoyed the Maloney Vs Iwasa battle and aren't entirely sure why Red Bull have dropped Zane. 
    No... Not when you consider that one of the RB replacements; Sztuka has taken three years to win the Italian F4 Championship
  • MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:

No... Not when you consider that one of the RB replacements; Sztuka has taken three years to win the Italian F4 Championship

I don't get the Isack Hadjar hype either , seems to be another one off the Red Bull Academy production line that needs constantly calming down. Pepe Marti I get , I think there might be something there with him.

But it says a lot when the Academy I see the most potential in is Williams. O'Sullivan, Colapinto (I know this weekend was a dud for him) and Luke Browning is a very very promising group. 
  • Damp squib.