Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• Tell you what, how about we tell Red Bull they're only allowed one team? That not only leaves room for Andretti but also gets rid of the ridiculous Visa Cash App RB name. It's a win-win!!
  • edited February 1
    Rizzo said:
    Tell you what, how about we tell Red Bull they're only allowed one team? That not only leaves room for Andretti but also gets rid of the ridiculous Visa Cash App RB name. It's a win-win!!
    The team name that clearly promotes the brand rather than Formula One?
  • I take this with a pinch of salt because of some of the other statements from Rodin were a bit weird but apparently they were quoted near $1bn to buy Alphatauri 

https://racer.com/2023/10/03/alphatauri-price-tag-commercially-unviable-rodin-founder/
  • Ther is room for another team sports wise. This is about money I suspect.
  • Ther is room for another team sports wise. This is about money I suspect.

Yeah it's all about current teams not wanting to give up another slice of the pie without significant compensation. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Ther is room for another team sports wise. This is about money I suspect.

Yeah it's all about current teams not wanting to give up another slice of the pie without significant compensation. 
    Ironically that slice of the pie was always meant to be temporary, it was always meant to be for the eleven team, but just happened to be split between the ten whilst they existed.

Of course the teams have instead taken the attitude that its their own money, and wasn't temporary - James Vowles at the end of the last season put in a good argument, saying that teams have budgeted for that money, and for the likes of Williams people need that extra money because there are mortgages to pay.

But on the flip side... It was never theirs to spend in the first place!!
  • edited February 1
    Wow... Six FP1 sessions for Bearman next season...

Apparently at Imola, Barcelona, Silverstone, Budapest, Mexico City and Yas Marina

His F1 seat in 2025 is his to lose now, by the looks of things

Haas has named Ollie Bearman as one of its two reserve drivers for 2024 alongside Pietro Fittipaldi (who is racing in IndyCar this year). Bearman takes on the role on top of being one of Ferrari’s reserves, and will also do six FP1 sessions this year #F1

— Chris Medland (@ChrisMedlandF1) February 1, 2024
  • That feels like Ferrari prepping him for a 2025 race seat. I think Haas might even be one that changes both drivers for 2025 as I can see Audi wanting Hulkenberg and I can see Kevin going back to WEC
  • The FIA says it “notes the announcement from Formula One Management in relation to the FIA Formula One World Championship teams' Expressions of Interest process.

“We are engaging in dialogue to determine next steps..”#F1

• On another note... the noise from Hamilton > Ferrari sounds huge

Be really surprised if that happens
  • Sponsored links:

• On another note... the noise from Hamilton > Ferrari sounds huge

I just don't see it happening, it's too much of a risk and Lewis would want to take Bono and the rest of his close team members with him. 

I do think there's something to the Sainz not being there rumours but I don't think it will be Lewis. 
  • Lewis to join Ferrari from 2025
  • That's a bit of a shock if it happens, thought Lewis would see out his career in Mercedes.

If it is true it probably means the Merc is going to be useless again this season 
  • edited February 1
    At least we're getting a proper Silly Season early this year.

BBC is saying nothing has been confirmed, SKY Sports are saying it is done

Get Alex Albon in the Merc alongside his best mate Russell for 2025?
  • That's a bit of a shock if it happens, thought Lewis would see out his career in Mercedes.

If it is true it probably means the Merc is going to be useless again this season 
    It's on BBC and Sky now.
  • Driver market about to go ape. Sainz I imagine will go to the sauber Audi project . Second merc seat ? Maybe mick if I’m lucky.
  • Sainz to red bull 
  • Think Albon to Merc is the smart move , I know toto managed Ocon but Ocon isn't the move
  • I'll be surprised if it happens...but would be good to see Lewis up in a competitive car against the Red Bulls, just for another season of proper fireworks.
  • edited February 1
    MarcusH26 said:
    Think Albon to Merc is the smart move , I know toto managed Ocon but Ocon isn't the move
    Ocon is too hot headed, he's had run ins with Alonso and Gasly these last couple of seasons - There would be more drama between him and Russell than Albon for sure
    JohnBoyUK said:
    I'll be surprised if it happens...but would be good to see Lewis up in a competitive car against the Red Bulls, just for another season of proper fireworks.
    Sounds like it would be a proper U-turn if it didnt happen now

No official confirmation yet from either side, but am told Hamilton to Ferrari is accurate. Set to replace Sainz in 2025, forming a partnership with Leclerc. A massive move #F1

• Sponsored links:

• This is more interesting than anything Transfer Deadline Day can produce. Sky will be dispatching Craig Slater and Ted to Brackley to stand outside the factory 😅😅
  • It's a bit surprising (especially the timing) but I think all F1 drivers have a secret desire to drive a red, iconic, Ferrari.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    On another note... the noise from Hamilton > Ferrari sounds huge

I just don't see it happening, it's too much of a risk and Lewis would want to take Bono and the rest of his close team members with him. 

I do think there's something to the Sainz not being there rumours but I don't think it will be Lewis. 
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/68163799
  • MarcusH26 said:
    On another note... the noise from Hamilton > Ferrari sounds huge

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/68163799
    BBC being a bit conservative and saying it's likely...Sky Sports saying it's a done deal: https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/13061245/lewis-hamilton-to-join-ferrari-for-2025-formula-1-season
  • That’s monstrous news in sport never mind F1. 

Funnily enough just what F1…. Run by Stefano Dominicalli….. need. 

Anyway what a coincidence!
  • Gazetto Dello Sport reporting it may yet be for 2024.

No way I can see this working for the current season with Hamilton at Mercedes……. Could see Sainz and Hamilton swapping for the season.

Meanwhile one of my clients signed a 24 month extension to their Mercedes deal last year. He’s gone mental! 

• edited February 1
    Hamilton to Ferrari is something I thought more than possible for quite a while and have said as much on here. You have to think how long he has been in the sport and how he will want to end that. I think he knows this is the final phase of his career and he is going to maximise it. If he wins a championship with Ferrari he will become even more of a legend in the sport than he is now.
  • I honestly doubted it this morning because the Italian press love a good Ferrari story. 

I'm just wondering if it's a one and done for Lewis and Ferrari, bow out winning in a Ferrari and thus giving him wins for McLaren,Mercedes and Ferrari?

This has completely opened up the 2025 driver market , all bets are off now for most seats on the grid now. 
  • edited February 1
    Sky Sports reporting that Mercedes Staff have been told that Hamilton will leave at the end of the 2024 Season. Shame in a way, shit would hilariously hit the fan if he joined Ferrari now
  • Sky Sports reporting that Mercedes Staff have been told that Hamilton will leave at the end of the 2024 Season. Shame in a way, shit would hilariously hit the fan if he joined Ferrari now
    I think he should go now - if it's agreed.  Can't really see him being too committed to Mercedes with that in the back of his mind.