Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• They have the money, I think Abu Dhabi need to swallow their pride and rip up the circuit and start again, it's absolutely awful for racing
  • 8 races so far:

7 out of 8 poles for Red Bull
    5 out of 8 fastest laps for Red Bull
    8 wins out of 8 for Red Bull
    Update:

9 races so far
    8 out of 9 poles
    6 out of 9 fastest laps
    9 wins out of 9
    Update:
    Another Verstappen clean sweep means RB now have:

10 races
    9 out of 10 poles
    7 out of 10 fastest laps
    10 wins out of 10
    Hamilton's superb drive for pole preventing another RB clean sweep, so it's now:

11 races
    9 out of 11 poles
    8 out of 11 fastest laps
    11 wins out of 11.

Barring someone ramming him off the track or his engine blowing up, i'd be surprised at this point if Verstappen doesn't win every remaining race.
    And so one of the most boring (in my opinion anyway) F1 seasons in recent memory comes to an end.

Red Bull end with a record of:

22 races
    14 poles
    11 fastest laps
    21 race wins

Verstappen ends up with more points than any constructor, as well as more points than the 2nd and 3rd placed drivers (Perez and Hamilton) combined.
  • 8 races so far:

7 out of 8 poles for Red Bull
    5 out of 8 fastest laps for Red Bull
    8 wins out of 8 for Red Bull
    Update:

9 races so far
    8 out of 9 poles
    6 out of 9 fastest laps
    9 wins out of 9
    Update:
    Another Verstappen clean sweep means RB now have:

10 races
    9 out of 10 poles
    7 out of 10 fastest laps
    10 wins out of 10
    Hamilton's superb drive for pole preventing another RB clean sweep, so it's now:

11 races
    9 out of 11 poles
    8 out of 11 fastest laps
    11 wins out of 11.

Barring someone ramming him off the track or his engine blowing up, i'd be surprised at this point if Verstappen doesn't win every remaining race.
    And so one of the most boring (in my opinion anyway) F1 seasons in recent memory comes to an end.

Red Bull end with a record of:

22 races
    14 poles
    11 fastest laps
    21 race wins

Verstappen ends up with more points than any constructor, as well as more points than the 2nd and 3rd placed drivers (Perez and Hamilton) combined.
    Agree that it was an awful season, mainly due to the Red Bull being so superior to any other car and the fact that Perez is such a dreadful driver.
  • Commentary were claiming all season that the others were closing in on Red Bulls advantage, but they weren't really were they. The fact that if you take all of Perez's points away from them and they'd still be the constructor champions speaks volumes. 
  • Logan Sargeant has kept his seat for 2024

First time in F1 History that the Grid remains unchanged
  • Logan Sargeant has kept his seat for 2024

First time in F1 History that the Grid remains unchanged

Would expect this to be in effect produce or out the door for Logan. Then again the entire 2025 driver market could be utter chaos. 
  • edited December 2023
    Yeah I don't think its a bad decision from Williams, when you've heard Vowles talk about Sargeant over the season - Although when he impeded Doohan during FP1 you saw him close his eyes in exasperation as he was speaking with Sky when it happened, almost like he was fed up of seeing the mistakes.

I thought their hesitation in renewing meant that they'd have gone from Fred Vesti instead

The 2025 market is going to be an absolute mess

Zhou - Bottas - Hulkenberg - Magnusson - Sargeant... Don't think any of them are safe.

Already got Pourchaire waiting in the wings, and then you have Bearman and Antonelli impressing, I wonder if the latter is why they've done it... Easier to give Logan yearly Contracts until Kimi is ready to follow Russell's path.

Maybe even Ocon or Gasly are at risk too if Martins wins.

F2 certainly going to be chaos next year, what with 2025 looming and the new Car... Bring it on
  • Netflix will be devastated.
  • Haas have been a pointless team haven't they? Gunther was the most interesting thing about them 
  • Sponsored links:

• Netflix will be devastated.

Guenther to get his own series travelling around Europe in vintage cars with other ex Team Principals or something 🤣
  • The biggest thing for me with Haas is that they're going to get left behind if they aren't careful. Williams under James Vowles seem incredibly ambitious, even if I am a little surprised they've kept Logan Sargeant, Sauber (i refuse to call it KickStake ) have the Audi works money from 2026 and Alphatauri are apparently going to be based more from the RBR factory at Milton Keynes. 

Steiner was great for a few quotes and Drive To Survive but ultimately I think having a very experienced lineup that didn't deliver in 2023 , coupled with a very weird car that fluctuated a lot in race trim meant it was ultimately the end of the road for him. 
  • I'd like there to be a rule that RB can't have a second team and have to find a buyer to be honest, I can see it being a way to get Andretti on the grid without the expansion.

Haas are completely useless though, not enough ties to be a Ferrari B team, not enough Patriotism to be a fully fledged 'Murica team, and they don't have a huge budget fuelled by sponsors or a pay driver or anything either
  • Shame because we need more than ten teams on the Grid, but someone does just need to buy out Haas.
  • Günter Steiner has left Haas after 10 years:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/67934824
  • Shame because we need more than ten teams on the Grid, but someone does just need to buy out Haas.

I'd loved to have seen Andretti just roll up and do it. Doesn't seem to be many other people around with the financial muscle to buy a team , bar possibly the Rodin bid but that was wanting to be run from New Zealand not the UK. 
  • Been watching the F4 UAE Championship on YouTube this week - Freddie Slater looks ridiculous, next "star" from Great Britain at this rate.
  • Been watching the F4 UAE Championship on YouTube this week - Freddie Slater looks ridiculous, next "star" from Great Britain at this rate.

Don't think it will be long until he's picked up by an F1 junior program. Think he's doing F4 again this season with Prema.
  • edited January 20
    MarcusH26 said:
    Been watching the F4 UAE Championship on YouTube this week - Freddie Slater looks ridiculous, next "star" from Great Britain at this rate.

Don't think it will be long until he's picked up by an F1 junior program. Think he's doing F4 again this season with Prema.
    Yeah doing Italian F4 this coming season, after appearing towards the end of last season

Taylor Barnard is another doing well at the moment in Formula Regional Middle East - Been very disappointed with Lindblad in that so far

Both of those will be doing F3 this coming season, although dont think Barnard has been confirmed yet
  • Finally now at the point where all my sons karting rivals and team mates are coming in to cars. 

Jacob gave up 18 months ago (being top 10 in the British Champs alone wasn’t enough without the millions needed for F1 and that’s all he was interested in).

we raced with Freddie in Cadets. He has basically been out of school since he was 12 training all day and every day and on track. His old man Adrian owns the cosmetics company Bayliss and Harding. They are totally minted and when you combine that with a talented kid it will go well. 

He will make F1 no doubt. Barnard is decent but not sure how far the money will go.

• Sponsored links:

• Barnard looks a great talent but wonder if getting the McLaren FE reserve role is maybe more of an indicator of where he might end up? 
  • One I'm most disappointed with, is the fact that Alex Powell now races under the United States flag, rather than the Jamaican one.

He's another with promising potential, and already part of the Mercedes family - Hopefully he does an Alex Albon
  • edited January 23
    Yay... Another proper circuit gone, as presume its replacing Barcelona?

Cant see it being long before London replaces Silverstone 
  • Yay... Another proper circuit gone, as presume its replacing Barcelona?

Yeah I assume it's replacing Barcelona unless we get a revival of the European GP or a Catalan GP? 
  • Yay... Another proper circuit gone, as presume its replacing Barcelona?

Might get some potholes repaired at least.
  • Ironic that formula e started as a series that wanted to only race in city centres and are now moving to more and more actual circuits and formula 1 are leaving behind proper circuits in favour of racing on city centre street circuits
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Well that will be shit! and some bloke in a Seat 850 will still try and cut them up.
  • F1 is meant to be the pinnacle and all you get are cars pootling around street tracks