Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• Great overtake from Lewis 
    Very brave.
    I think 2nd is the best that he can hope for. He needs to look after these tyres.
  • Great move Lando.
  • Lando could get George here.

Bearing in mind Lewis lost the 18 points last week, plus another DNF the week before.... he has pummelled Russell this season. You wonder how much he has left in the tank (at his age) if he ever got a car that could battle Max / RB again.
  • Fantastic recovery from Lando. Just hope he doesn't get picked up by Red Bull 
  • This seems to have f1 twitter going crazy this morning. We are not sure what he means but alonso retirement has been dismissed already. 
  • A few things come to mind ,

Perez has been let go by Red Bull
    Lawrence Stroll to be selling Aston and Lance is out.

There's been rumblings about all not being well with the Audi deal for them to join in 2026 too because of some senior management changes. 
  • The way Perez was talking in Interviews... Waving to the crowds... It looked more than just appreciation for them showing up
  • Could be any of these. We just have to wait. I still feel it could be an alonso retirement.  The guy who said he wouldn't is a big fan of his and may just be nieve. 

The audi theory is interesting.  But I do hear they have already started talking to drivers.
  • a little update from the man himself. I reckon alonso is retiring along with aston being sold to the PIF
  • edited October 2023
    Apparently one of the Mexican GP Organisers have tweeted saying... "Its Over..."

The Grand Prix is only on the Calendar until 2025.

So got a feeling its either something to do with Perez still, or its a mountain out of a mole hill, and Mexico is going to be missing from the Calendar - Because this weekend would have been a great time to confirm its extension.

Of course he could just be relieved that the Grand Prix is done for another year :D
  • Sponsored links:

• Tost was talking about Hadjar being in F1 sooner rather than later. Maybe the move is him in at AT, and Ric getting a second chance at RB?

Perez retires and the Mexican GP is cancelled due to the teams not liking the altitude and no-one going because there's no Mexican driver to cheer. 

Or completely left field and it's Audi have pulled out and Andretti have gone back in with a play to buy Sauber/Alfa Romeo 
  • sam3110 said:
    Tost was talking about Hadjar being in F1 sooner rather than later. Maybe the move is him in at AT, and Ric getting a second chance at RB?
    You'd think that Lawson will be ahead of Hadjar
  • The way will Buxton was tweeting as well makes you think its more than a grand prix not being on the calander. I think its something with a driver or team. 
  • sam3110 said:
    Tost was talking about Hadjar being in F1 sooner rather than later. Maybe the move is him in at AT, and Ric getting a second chance at RB?
    You'd think that Lawson will be ahead of Hadjar
    Marko isn't that happy with Lawson apparently, for some reason he's disappointed that he hasn't won a junior formula or the Super Formula in Japan, and he constantly just comes up short (he also finished runner up in DTM)

I'd personally pick him over Hadjar who hasn't done anything of note so far, but you never know what RBR are thinking 
  • What a pointlessly attention seeking tweet. "I know something, but I won't tell you what.". Okay, I probably know some things that you don't know either, what of it?
    Have I stumbled into another takeover thread?
  • I think Red Bull know that Mercedes, Ferrari and McLaren are closing the gap and this will force their hand regarding Perez if they think they might have some better options.
  • There was some movement in aston martin shares yesterday. 250 millions worth was sold on. Maybe Lawrence has sold to the Saudis as stated before. 
  • There was some movement in aston martin shares yesterday. 250 millions worth was sold on. Maybe Lawrence has sold to the Saudis as stated before. 
    Apparently the shares were in another part of Aston Martin, rather than the F1 team
  • It must be that time of year again...so many rumours flying around.  Lawrence Stroll disillusioned with F1 - going to sell his stake to Saudi Aramco.  Lance Stroll fed up with it all and retiring.  Perez already been let go to be replaced by Danny Ric or, alternately Alonso or alternately Lando!  Or Alonso to retire. Audi probably not going to pursue entry into F1...I'm sure there are plenty more!
  • Sponsored links:

• Feels like there's no smoke without fire with something going on in the paddock but all this " I know what it is and I won't tell you" from journos is tedious. 
  • Zak O'Sullivan will unsurprisingly be racing in Formula Two next season

Very surprisingly though, he's joined ART rather than Carlin, who I really expected to see him racing with.

Might well be a very Dark Horse for the F2 title with the new cars.
  • I don't think this is the big shock paddock news but Mercedes Chief Technical Officer Mike Elliott has left the team

https://www.mercedesamgf1.com/news/mike-elliott-departs-the-team
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Feels like there's no smoke without fire with something going on in the paddock but all this " I know what it is and I won't tell you" from journos is tedious. 
    Sounds like some people on the old takeover thread. 
  • Great news... When was the last time we had four Brits involved in an F1 session?

Hamilton | Norris | Bearman | O'Sullivan - Or will Pato O'Ward be running in place of Lando?
  • Great news... When was the last time we had four Brits involved in an F1 session?

Hamilton | Norris | Bearman | O'Sullivan - Or will Pato O'Ward be running in place of Lando?

I'd expect O'Ward actually instead of Lando. Although no announcement from McLaren yet about that. Don't think they'd run Hirakawa. 
  • PIF buying the whole thing from Liberty is all I can think now 
  • edited November 2023
    There are rumours the Abi Dhabi race might be cancelled, F1 stating not the case.