Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• There be a lot of rumour about Sergio Perez's future at present.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-67088503

Bernie avoids trial by pleading guilty to fraud. Has to pay £653m to HMRC for not declaring a trust fund he had.
    But people are sent to prison for not paying their TV licence. 
    You cannot be sent to prison for not paying your TV license. The only punishment is a fine. You can, however, be jailed for failing to pay a fine. 

• Juan Mata , TAA, Patrick Mahomes,Rory McIlroy, Travis Kelce and Anthony Joshua join the Reynolds and McElhaney investment group at Alpine. 
  • Great race today. Hamilton could have been up the road if they hadn’t have screwed his strategy. He’s not out of it yet - he will have the better tyre for a final stint against MV if he two stops
  • Would love to see Lando win this...
  • Don't think that Mercedes needed the offset strategy to win this race.
  • Verstapppen really is a whiny fucking prick 
    Imagine how bad he would be if he wasn't winning every race!
  • If I was his engineer, I’d just let the wanker get on with it on his own.
  • Sponsored links:

• Lewis is going to run out of laps
  • Lewis is going to run out of laps
    1 or 2 more would have done it. Still a great drive from Lewis though.
  • good race that one.  At least it was competitive.
  • Lewis could have won that if they had mirrored Verstappen's stops.
    Or had Lando put up a similar fight against Verstappen, compared to the one vs Hamilton
    Copy that 
    Or had Lando put up a similar fight against Verstappen, compared to the one vs Hamilton
    They're mates though! I don't think that it would have made a difference though.
    Surely Mercedes should have realised that they had the pace of Red Bull early on in the race and not be scared to fight them.
  • Still hoping for that breakthrough Lando win this season but don't think it will happen 
  • Lot of booing for Verstappen on the podium. 
  • Is it me or has there been much less crashes this season?
  • Sponsored links:

No wonder Red Bull are keeping quiet about Perez's future... They wont want to piss off the natives until next week is well and truly dealt with.
    Got to love that!!
  • This is gonna be epic 
  • edited October 2023
    Actually - Lewis tire delta seems to have gone. He wont have the tire to get this…. Merc lost the race with the stupid non commit at the first stop.

he May get Norris but not Max
  • Blimey that was naughty by Lando - very late but what a battle.

shame it’s just too late for the win 
  • Fuck - just realised my Dad paused it during dinner. Finished hasn’t it
    dont you just hate it when people pause live sport!
  • Leclerc and Hamilton DSQ, Seargant picks up first point of career as a result, in his home race
  • edited October 2023
    So Mercedes "cheated", if this had been Red Bull there are a fair few on here who would be getting their spleen set to "full vent".

Unfortunate for Hamilton, seemingly a problem with access to the cars out of "park ferme" on sprint race weekends
  • edited October 2023
    Imagine how many of the other cars were likely illegal. They test 4 (I think?) and 50pc were showing overly worn planks. Probably a fair few got away with it but that’s life. It’s always worked that way with the car tests so nothing new.

I do hope that’s not why the Merc was so much closer…. But then again they have also improved so much pace wise v Ferrari and Leclerc (who was actually the slower Ferrari) so my hope for an equally competitive field in the next couple of races isn’t totally gone yet.