Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• MarcusH26 said:
    I'm excited to see both McLaren's with the upgrade package next weekend. Still quite fancy them to sneak a win somewhere. 

Bearing in mind their epic performance in the fast corners of Silverstone, Suzuka could be very strong.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    I'm excited to see both McLaren's with the upgrade package next weekend. Still quite fancy them to sneak a win somewhere. 

Bearing in mind their epic performance in the fast corners of Silverstone, Suzuka could be very strong.

That's exactly what's got me excited. I don't expect them to go and get pole , but I expect them to be really competitive. 
  • edited September 2023
    Wise decision... Mclaren easily have the best "Young" Driver line-up, either one of those could easily be lost to the top three.
  • Wise decision... Mclaren easily have the best "Young" Driver line-up, either one of those could easily be lost to the top three.

I think that's where it's going to be quite interesting. If Mclaren continue to invest and develop and become a genuine threat by 2025 , it could be hard for Red Bull and Mercedes to try and lure away Lando, wouldn't be surprised if the big 3 were keeping tabs on Oscar too. 
  • Also interesting with them trying out O'Ward and were willing to try out Palou too, wonder if they expect to lose Lando pretty soon but want to make money out of doing so
  • sam3110 said:
    Also interesting with them trying out O'Ward and were willing to try out Palou too, wonder if they expect to lose Lando pretty soon but want to make money out of doing so

I'd definitely expect Red Bull to be looking at Norris for 2025. I guess it ultimately depends on what guarantees Red Bull would give Lando about driver status within the team.
  • edited September 2023
    MarcusH26 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Also interesting with them trying out O'Ward and were willing to try out Palou too, wonder if they expect to lose Lando pretty soon but want to make money out of doing so

I'd definitely expect Red Bull to be looking at Norris for 2025. I guess it ultimately depends on what guarantees Red Bull would give Lando about driver status within the team.
    If Max is still there I can't see him (Max) ever accepting anything other than #1.
  • Tsunoda and Ricciardo confirmed as the AlphaTauri drivers for next season - Shame for Liam Lawson, hopefully he'll be in the seat in 2025
  • Sponsored links:

• That's got to be the end of Sargeant? Another costly Qualy crash 
  • Still wont be surprised if he gets one more year.

But needs a massive improvement
  • MarcusH26 said:
    That's got to be the end of Sargeant? Another costly Qualy crash 
    Looked exactly the same lock up that Gasly had in practice 
  • Still wont be surprised if he gets one more year.

I guess it's if Williams think they'll get more from Mick or Drugovich. The rest of their academy are obviously going to be 2026 at the earliest if any of them work out. 

(Not sure if Mercedes would try and throw them Vesti?)
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Still wont be surprised if he gets one more year.

I guess it's if Williams think they'll get more from Mick or Drugovich. The rest of their academy are obviously going to be 2026 at the earliest if any of them work out. 

(Not sure if Mercedes would try and throw them Vesti?)
    Vesti or Drugovich are the obvious choices

Sounds like Schumacher isnt an option

Cant see Lawson getting it as an RB Junior, Albon after all had to leave to join Williams, because Mercedes didnt like the idea.
  • Absolutely mega from Piastri on a track he's never been to. But Max is simply in a different league 
  • Great to see an Underdog on pole position, really didn't see that outcome coming - Love to see it!!
  • Silly time to be up on a Sunday:-( 
  • Saw the last 3 laps doesn't sound like I missed much 
  • Other than Perez being awful again 
  • Sponsored links:

• Wasn't too bad , just not a lot out the front in terms of real action. Perez has to be on the hot seat surely?
  • They consistently say he's not in danger, and they're commited to him, and have signed Ricciardo and Tsunoda up again for AT so I'd be amazed if they change it up, but then again Lawson has shown he's ready for a drive, and probably has a bigger upside than putting one of the other AT drivers in the Red Bull, so stranger things have happened I suppose
  • Yah just imagine Christian Hormer's Red Bull boy being entirely honest about their plans for their future target driver line up 🥺
  • If I was Red Bull I would say to Perez that we are not worried about him beating Verstappen but in the best car we expect him to be coming second more than he has been.  I always thought Bottas was a great second driver. In a tight championship it might not help to have drivers tripping each other up.

• Andretti the only team to make it past the FIA stage , referred to FOM now which is going to be very very interesting given the teams stances against them joining. 
  • Hope we at least get the one new team in Andretti

Shame we wont get another two others

Really thought that LKYSUNZ would be a Championship battler for years to come
  • Hope we at least get the one new team in Andretti

Shame we wont get another two others

Really thought that LKYSUNZ would be a Championship battler for years to come

I just can't see any solid grounds to reject this - they've got the GM backing , they've got incredibly wealthy backers , it can only be greed that stops it because they tick every box. 

The other bids I'm not really surprised didn't make it , Hitech I struggle to believe that they managed to prove they were far enough removed from Dmitry Mazepin, Rodin were never going to make it wanting to be based in New Zealand and LKYSUNZ sounded like complete joke idea. 
  • Yeah its a shame about Hitech and Carlin, as progress to F1 would be the next step for them, what with having strong stakes in F2 - Although Carlin were always going to struggle given how they did, and how long they lasted in IndyCar

LKYSUNZ I imagine were another Generous Robots
  • Whatever happened to the other bids, wasn't there a Formula Equal team (50/50 split male and female including drivers) and a bid from Calvin Lo too? 
  • edited October 2023
    sam3110 said:
    Whatever happened to the other bids, wasn't there a Formula Equal team (50/50 split male and female including drivers) and a bid from Calvin Lo too? 
    Werent Carlin the Equal team? - As they were going to put Chadwick in a seat