Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• MarcusH26 said:
    Surely Nissany can't come back again. Even if he's keeping Charouz on the grid. 
    It's ridiculous that somebody of his age is allowed to race in F2.
    Probably made even worse by having a Round in Australia now, as puts even more financial strain on teams.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Surely Nissany can't come back again. Even if he's keeping Charouz on the grid. 
    It's ridiculous that somebody of his age is allowed to race in F2.
    Probably made even worse by having a Round in Australia now, as puts even more financial strain on teams.
    Very true and seems needless to have that race in Melbourne.
  • Great weekend for Sainz so far
  • Wow wow wow what a session! I fully expected that to be taken away from Carlos by the stewards but mega lap and lap 1 is going to be very fun 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Wow wow wow what a session! I fully expected that to be taken away from Carlos by the stewards but mega lap and lap 1 is going to be very fun 
    Sounds like they wanted to be able to get out of Monza this evening - Fully expect Max to wave his way past tomorrow.
  • Sainz has been out-performing Leclerc all weekend.
    Poor performance from Hamilton in all 3 quali sessions.
  • Don't fuck this up Ferrari PLEASE!!! 
  • We get a British lock out in the final round of Formula 3, what an absolute shit fest of a race that was
  • F3 was an utter mess but great to see Edgar get a win after his issues. 
  • That was really poor from Stanek. Bearman should be able to take advantage of a risk-averse Pourchaire.
  • Sponsored links:

• That was really poor from Stanek. Bearman should be able to take advantage of a risk-averse Pourchaire.
    Not sure this weekend, the ART seems on fire around Monza.
    Not sure this weekend, the ART seems on fire around Monza.
    Pourchaire won't want to jeopardise a big haul of points though. Could be a Championship decider.
  • edited September 2023
    Great win for Bearman - Didnt see it happening given the pace of the ART

Continues his theme of finishing either P1, or P No where
  • Great win for Bearman - Didnt see it happening given the pace of the ART

He drove a great race and circumstances conspired to help him.
  • Great win for Bearman - Didnt see it happening given the pace of the ART

He drove a great race and circumstances conspired to help him.
    Owes Doohan a drink for starters... Who kept Pourchaire behind him, allowing Ollie to build a 2sec lead.

Not to mention he was lucky the SC came out JUST after he passed Doohan, as imagine the win would have been a lot harder had Bearman been stuck behind him.
  • Bearman is the one in that field who will make it highest in F1. By a stretch.

You only have to look at his age - Martins is 3 years older than him and no better. The others have been in F2 longer. 

He is above par - but also shows how good the likes of Hamilton and Leclerc were to win F3 and F2 on the bounce.
  • Getting used to hearing our National Anthem today.

Lets hope one of Russell | Norris | Hamilton can make it a clean sweep in the Formula Categories today.
  • Great drive from Bearman and if he is going to have Kimi Antonelli as a teammate next season that's going to be spectacular. 
  • Is Max winning yet? Who am I kidding, I'm sure he is 
  • Other than the inevitability of the winner, that was a cracking race.
  • Sponsored links:

• Really great race, I was convinced the Ferrari's were going to take each other out. Singapore should be interesting with the new layout. 
  • edited September 2023
    I have come to the conclusion that neither LeClerc or Sainz quite cut the mustard, if they were football teams they would be like QPR and Watford.
  • Hal1x said:
    I have come to the conclusion that neither LeClerc or Sainz quite cut the mustard, if they were football teams they would be like QPR and Watford.
    Totally agree, I don’t think either of them are good enough for Ferrari in truth.
  • Hal1x said:
    Totally agree, I don’t think either of them are good enough for Ferrari in truth.
    Who is though? Anyone like Hamilton, Russell, Verstappen or Norris will see it as a sideways or backwards step.

Rest of the grid aren't any better than them, save for Alonso, who's too old, and maybe Albon? But I feel he's just hitting a good patch right now and not actually able to lead a big team. 

Unless they stick a rookie in it and they're shit hot, or entice someone over from another big team, I think they're a little bit stuck 
  • All 10 F1 teams complied with 2022 cost cap, says governing body the FIA

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/66717932 

anyone surprised by this

• All 10 F1 teams complied with 2022 cost cap, says governing body the FIA

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/66717932 

anyone surprised by this

Sources suggest guests were disappointed with the Lidl sandwich platter served up in Red Bulls hospitality.
  • I'm surprised they all passed. Was expecting Aston given their early season jump and fairly major investment to maybe breach it. 
  • I'm surprised they didn't all look at the minor fine and penalties that Red Bull got last time and just all said fuck it and collectively overspent. 
  • IndyCar @ Laguna tonight is an absolute farce
  • edited September 2023
    IndyCar @ Laguna tonight is an absolute farce
    I know they say they don't mind a bit of elbows and stuff but if that was an F1 race I think they would have black flagged a quarter of the field.