Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• Anyone could win this , I'm expecting chaos. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Anyone could win this , I'm expecting chaos. 
    Everyone comes in, Max gets away with an unsafe release due to traffic. Wins by 20 seconds.
  • Great move from Lewis on Perez who seems to be going backwards now 
  • Such a shame for Oscar that he probably went too early after the SC. But I fancy McLaren to get a win somewhere. 
  • Great move from Lewis on Perez who seems to be going backwards now 
    Ridiculous penalty that.
  • Hilarious @ Alpine
  • That penalty is totally and utterly laughable. Worst I’ve seen for a long time. He was on the inside and alongside and it was a classic example of a racing incident.

As it’s a sprint I suspect he won’t care but you may as well cancel racing if that’s a penalty 
  • Bet the retirement influenced the decision - For me the error was more on Sergio though, Hamilton was on the inside, and the RB turned in on him
  • So looks like F3 have actually decided to award points for todays Sprint race after all.

O'Sullivan the big loser who got a 5sec penalty for passing someone off track, and not giving the place back - Meaning he ended up dropping from P4 to P15

On the other hand Pepe Marti hasn't been given a penalty after his unsafe rejoin

The reason being, he was apparently waved back onto the track by a Marshall
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2023
    Much better in the F3 this morning... thats the sort of racing we've come to expect from this series this year.

Shout out to Sophia Floersch... First female to get points in this series, finishing in P7 after sticking with the wet tyres!!

Strange they've not been able to announce who won today though ;)
  • Vesti spins on lap to the grid and out of the feature race.
  • I missed the F3 race this morning, having got up at 4am to watch the boxing from America.
    My son told me that it was a strange end to the race with half the field on wets and half on slicks.

• edited July 2023
    I missed the F3 race this morning, having got up at 4am to watch the boxing from America.
    My son told me that it was a strange end to the race with half the field on wets and half on slicks.

Yeah the Slicks became the faster tyre in the last two laps.

Great battle between Barnard and Mansell - Basically a repeat of what we're currently seeing between Theo and Ollie
  • Nice to see Bearman getting the Ferrari treatment in F2!!
    Preparing him for the future!
    Preparing him for the future!
    Prema have truly screwed up today in both series
  • Bearman needs to look at how he defends. Cost him a podium today but is going to cause a big crash one day.
  • Tough morning for Bearman - Did really well at the beginning on the Softs, but fell foul to the SC, just like he benefited from it in Austria.

Showed his inability to just keep it cool when things don't go his way.

Deserved that penalty for Martins
  • Bearman needs to look at how he defends. Cost him a podium today but is going to cause a big crash one day.
    Just needed to engage his big brain... Martins had a penalty - Why fight him for position, let him past, he can then keep the podium by staying within five seconds.

It'll cost him in the long run if he doesnt learn
  • Sponsored links:

• Brundle interviewing the fans was rather different! 
  • This national anthem performance is ‘unique’ - Russell trying not to laugh 😂 
    Unique isn’t the word, what the fuck was that??!! Alonso also trying very hard not to laugh.
    Unique isn’t the word, what the fuck was that??!! Alonso also trying very hard not to laugh.
    Is what happens when you hire Elton John off wish.com
  • Been out. Didn’t watch any of it. Who won?

thought so. 
  • Not sure what Ricciardo was doing there...after Piastri crashed!
  • edited August 2023
  • If Lawson does well that will be Danny Ric finished. He's a lovely bloke and one of my favourite drivers a few years back but he's regressed so much 
  • If Lawson does well that will be Danny Ric finished. He's a lovely bloke and one of my favourite drivers a few years back but he's regressed so much 

In effect I see this as a 2 race audition for Lawson for 2024. Keep it clean and tidy and I think he'll get the seat. Danny maybe back for Singapore?
  • No points for F2, crash on Lap 1 with the 2 Campos's ending on top of each other (another great job from the Halo) and then a long red flag meant it never got going. 

Does look like it's going to be very wet Qualy.