Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• Shame what with Bearman having a great start. 

Pourchaire on the other hand has been given a mahusive slice of luck
  • Spent a day at the Silverstone Historic Festival today. Bloody brilliant value for money and thoroughly enjoyed the sights sounds and smells of yesteryear.

The 1990s F1 cars put todays to shame. Hairs on back of neck raised throughout.
  • Spent a day at the Silverstone Historic Festival today. Bloody brilliant value for money and thoroughly enjoyed the sights sounds and smells of yesteryear.

The 1990s F1 cars put todays to shame. Hairs on back of neck raised throughout.
    Been to a couple of these at Brands Hatch in the past. A brilliant day out. You can't beat the sight, sound and smell of those beasts from the 70s, 80s and 90s.
  • Weather looks interesting today, yellow warning for thunderstorms throughout the day
  • Bonkers start to the F2 feature race. Cars all over the place after a rolling start.
  • Never seen anything like this race and we're only at lap 12 out of 40. Pourchaire gets the lead after a pit stop and then crashes on the slippery circuit.
    Prema double-stack and then Vesti loses both his rear wheels!
  • Bonkers start to the F2 feature race. Cars all over the place after a rolling start.
    What do you mean a bonkers start

The whole race has been a shitshow lol!
  • This whole season of F2 has been a bit of a shitshow. Feels like no one wants to win it 
  • They're looking at Drugovich and Piastri, knowing there are already hardly any seats left in F1 next season.

So dont want to miss out on racing next year.

Maybe
  • edited August 2023
    Fuck off Martins!! - Proper mugged off at the restart and then gives zero room.
  • Sponsored links:

• A total of 2 points scored by the top six in the championship.
  • Fuck off Martins!! - Proper mugged off at the restart and then gives zero room.
    If you're prepared to dish out aggressive overtakes then you can't really complain when you're on the receiving end of the same.
  • Shock win for Clem Novalak but he looked so so so happy on the podium. 
  • Martins got a 10 sec penalty for smashing Bearman off at least
  • Fuck off Martins!! - Proper mugged off at the restart and then gives zero room.
    If you're prepared to dish out aggressive overtakes then you can't really complain when you're on the receiving end of the same.
    No I agree with that, especially after his Silverstone performance... What I don't agree with, was Martins' radio message afterwards, and I imagine is the reason for his penalty.

The idiot basically admitted he retaliated for being pushed wide moments earlier
    No I agree with that, especially after his Silverstone performance... What I don't agree with, was Martins' radio message afterwards, and I imagine is the reason for his penalty.

The idiot basically admitted he retaliated for being pushed wide moments earlier
    A bit stupid to broadcast it and invite the penalty.
  • Typical Ferrari clown show. 
  • lol!... How does Perez feel basically confirmed as Max's lil bitch? 
  • Starting to wonder if Williams will stick with Sargeant. 2 hefty crashes in a weekend.
  • lol!... How does Perez feel basically confirmed as Max's lil bitch? 
    Same old story with Red Bull. They have their preferred driver and do anything and everything to give that driver the advantage. It was exactly the same with Vettel.
  • Sponsored links:

• MarcusH26 said:
    Starting to wonder if Williams will stick with Sargeant. 2 hefty crashes in a weekend.
    Vesti or Schumacher are the alternatives really. 

Hope he gets a second year to be honest... I liked them supporting their own Academy when they gave him the seat, trouble is, the alt options from that are currently in F3

Cant see Zak O'Sullivan in F1 as early as 2025, if at all
  • Red Bull covering off Alonso, my arse!
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Starting to wonder if Williams will stick with Sargeant. 2 hefty crashes in a weekend.

Hope he gets a second year to be honest... I liked them supporting their own Academy when they gave him the seat, trouble is, the alt options from that are currently in F3

If I was them I'd give it to Schumi Jr. He'll probably crash it as much but his pace was better and sponsorship will be decent too. 

Albon apparently off in 2025 as he's shown Red Bull were hasty to drop him, talk of a seat at Ferrari up for grabs if he continues his current form
  • Leclerc retires now to compound the misery 
  • sam3110 said:
    MarcusH26 said:

If I was them I'd give it to Schumi Jr. He'll probably crash it as much but his pace was better and sponsorship will be decent too. 

Albon apparently off in 2025 as he's shown Red Bull were hasty to drop him, talk of a seat at Ferrari up for grabs if he continues his current form
    Albon would be a great replacement for Hamilton
  • I do wonder if this will actually get restarted. 
  • Rolling start procedure - well what a surprise. 
  • Even for an entertaining Grand Prix, there was still no jeopardy regarding the winner. And even when there looked like there would be some, Red Bull made sure there wasn’t by pitting Max first.
  • You do have to give Verstappen credit, yes he has the best car but Perez who is a decent driver can't elevate it beyond other teams in the way he does.
  • Managed to avoid the result till this afternoon, most if enjoyed watching a GP for a little while