Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• You do have to give Verstappen credit, yes he has the best car but Perez who is a decent driver can't elevate it beyond other teams in the way he does.
    I would ask if they do have the same car, I'm not so sure.
    You also have to remember the preferential treatment that he received yesterday to get him back in front of Perez without having to overtake him.
  • I'm hoping Monza throws up a surprise. Ferraris overalls looking like a bad Belgium national team kit though 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    I'm hoping Monza throws up a surprise. Ferraris overalls looking like a bad Belgium national team kit though 
    Albon in the Williams, what with his mega straight line speed.
  • Actually enjoyed the GP this weekend quite alot, was alot of chaotic fun (behind Verstappen atleast). My fave of the season so far.

Just need to sort out wet weather running when it comes to the extremes to make races like that even better. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    I'm hoping Monza throws up a surprise. Ferraris overalls looking like a bad Belgium national team kit though 
    neither Sainz or LeClerc are quite good enough.
  • Hamilton and Russell have been re-signed by Mercedes until 2025
  • Hamilton and Russell have been re-signed by Mercedes until 2025
    Not surprised really, seems like the 2024/5 season will be the next big round robin of drivers, both Ferraris, A Red Bull etc so Mercedes wanting to lock them both in for that is sensible. 
  • Imagine we'll see Hamilton sticking around until 2026 at the latest, what with the new regs
  • Sponsored links:

• A season falls within one calendar year so I presume that means they have been signed for the next two seasons.
  • Imagine we'll see Hamilton sticking around until 2026 at the latest, what with the new regs

Yeah I expect one year of the new regs and then all things being equal either Kimi Antonelli being ready or a cheeky move for Lando if Mclaren haven't sorted themselves out. 
  • Shock of the day Bortoleto wins the F3 Championship.
  • Shock of the day Bortoleto wins the F3 Championship.
    While sitting in his car in the pit lane, following a red flag caused by his teammate's crash. 10 minutes left on the clock but session not restarted due to time constraints.
  • The Alfa livery this weekend is nice. I thought they banned the use of national flags on cars though, or was that just for Haas and Russia?
  • Two additional points for F2 championship leader, Theo Pourchaire, as he takes pole ahead of Bearman.
    Championship 3rd and 4th, Iwasa and Doohan, qualify outside the top ten, while Vesti, 2nd in the championship, qualifies 8th.
  • Definitely think that a red flag in FP should stop the clock until the track is clear.  They lose so much time learning about the track and the car it could be considered a safety issue.  FP2 today was ridiculous.
  • CafcWest said:
    Definitely think that a red flag in FP should stop the clock until the track is clear.  They lose so much time learning about the track and the car it could be considered a safety issue.  FP2 today was ridiculous.
    They run to a really tight schedule and can't afford to stop in free practice.
  • CafcWest said:
    Definitely think that a red flag in FP should stop the clock until the track is clear.  They lose so much time learning about the track and the car it could be considered a safety issue.  FP2 today was ridiculous.
    I'd have thought they could allow a 1.5 hour maximum window.  So no stoppages and over in 1 hour but can be extended if red flags.  If it was agreed in advance I'm sure they could do it.  Only for FP1 and FP2 though.  FP3 too close to quailfying.
  • CafcWest said:
    CafcWest said:
    I'd have thought they could allow a 1.5 hour maximum window.  So no stoppages and over in 1 hour but can be extended if red flags.  If it was agreed in advance I'm sure they could do it.  Only for FP1 and FP2 though.  FP3 too close to quailfying.
    It's probably all down to TV coverage, whereas in qualifying and the race the TV companies build in a contingency because they want to cover it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bortoleto taking advantage of Saucy / O'Sullivan squabbling really was the F3 Season in one move.
  • Bortoleto taking advantage of Saucy / O'Sullivan squabbling really was the F3 Season in one move.
    I think that it's been one of the least enjoyable/inspiring F3/GP3 seasons ever.
  • Big call from Mercedes... Just read that Antonelli will be going straight to F2 next season, wonder if we'll be seeing him and Bearman at Prema
  • Big call from Mercedes... Just read that Antonelli will be going straight to F2 next season, wonder if we'll be seeing him and Bearman at Prema

I didn't expect that but it's a huge call , they must have a long term plan for Antonelli. Williams obviously have Franco Colapinto,Zak O'Sullivan (unconvinced by some of his racecraft wheel to wheel) and Luke Browning of their own academy + Vesti with Merc links. 2025 could be fascinating. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Big call from Mercedes... Just read that Antonelli will be going straight to F2 next season, wonder if we'll be seeing him and Bearman at Prema

I didn't expect that but it's a huge call , they must have a long term plan for Antonelli. Williams obviously have Franco Colapinto,Zak O'Sullivan (unconvinced by some of his racecraft wheel to wheel) and Luke Browning of their own academy + Vesti with Merc links. 2025 could be fascinating. 
    Be stunning if he wins F2 next year as imagine that Merc would prefer it if he does two years - Once that's done, he could well step straight into the seat left by Hamilton.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Big call from Mercedes... Just read that Antonelli will be going straight to F2 next season, wonder if we'll be seeing him and Bearman at Prema

Be stunning if he wins F2 next year as imagine that Merc would prefer it if he does two years - Once that's done, he could well step straight into the seat left by Hamilton.

Can see it being Martins Vs Bearman Vs Antonelli Vs Bortoleto for the title. 
  • edited September 2023
    MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:

Can see it being Martins Vs Bearman Vs Antonelli Vs Bortoleto for the title. 
    Throw Doohan in there as well - Bortoleto will be an interesting one, to see if he can replicate the consistency.

Just be nice to see Nissany done... That wont happen though
  • Some great overtakes from Theo Pourchaire see him rise from 10th to 4th.
  • Surely Nissany can't come back again. Even if he's keeping Charouz on the grid. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Surely Nissany can't come back again. Even if he's keeping Charouz on the grid. 
    It's ridiculous that somebody of his age is allowed to race in F2.