Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• Is it just me being cynical - but Red Bull have led the field this season on all different types of tracks  - fast, street, whatever.  Then the weekend when the FIA announce a crackdown on flexible aero dynamic components they are suddenly nowhere to be seen?
  • Hopefully its not just so RB can win the WCC in Suzuka
  • This is going to be a grandstand finish with the 2 Mercs coming very quickly. 
  • edited September 2023
    Jesus, Ted Kravitz talks a lot of bollocks at times.
    at least you can hear him, I have never heard or understood anything Bernie Collins has said 
  • Exciting finish by the looks of it.
  • Sainz is doing an awesome job 
  • Yeah fair play to Carlos... Done a brilliant job here
  • Oh George 
  • Race of the season by a mile , unbelievable from Carlos and Lando at the end. 
  • Cant wait to see Carlos and Lando at the end.

Please dont be a one off for RB - Imagine the sort of the season we could have had without their floor
  • Sponsored links:

• wanna see a replay of George going straight on into the wall 😆 
  • wanna see a replay of George going straight on into the wall 😆 
    Clipped the wall, following Norris too closely
  • Very clever driving by Carlis Sainz.
    Feel like Lewis would have won that race had he been in George's position.
  • edited September 2023
    MarcusH26 said:
    Race of the season by a mile , unbelievable from Carlos and Lando at the end. 
    I thought it a terrible race (with the Ferrari backing them up), but with an excellent finish.
    In the wall??
    In the wall??
    Maybe not from that position.
  • Great drive by Sainz backing Norris up for DRS. 

Lewis looked quicker at the end but shame to see George end up in the wall. Great ending though bar Red bull the teams are really close in pace 
  • Another great performance by Liam Lawson. Alpha Tauri need to bin Tsunoda asap.
  • Another great performance by Liam Lawson. Alpha Tauri need to bin Tsunoda asap.

I think if AT aren't willing to give Liam a seat then James Vowles should be straight on the phone at Williams. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Another great performance by Liam Lawson. Alpha Tauri need to bin Tsunoda asap.

I think if AT aren't willing to give Liam a seat then James Vowles should be straight on the phone at Williams. 
    Logan Sargeant hasn't taken his opportunity, so seems a no-brainer if Red Bull don't tie him down at Alpha Tauri.
  • Sponsored links:

• MarcusH26 said:

Logan Sargeant hasn't taken his opportunity, so seems a no-brainer if Red Bull don't tie him down at Alpha Tauri.

Almost feels like Logan was promoted a year too soon and needed another season of F2 , but losing Latifi and Alphatauri swooping for De Vries kind of left them having to do it. 

I like the talents they've got in their academy but they're all 2-3 years off at least. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:

Almost feels like Logan was promoted a year too soon and needed another season of F2 , but losing Latifi and Alphatauri swooping for De Vries kind of left them having to do it. 

I like the talents they've got in their academy but they're all 2-3 years off at least. 
    There's definitely a bit of a void in their junior driver programme.
    I'm not sure if Sargeant would ever be good enough for F1.
  • Be disappointed if Sargeant was binned after a year - He's had a tough year as a rookie, but I appreciate Williams looking at their Academy over curry favouring with other teams.

At least if Lawson gets a seat next year, he's proving he can hack it at this level over a number of races, and we shouldn't see a repeat of the de Vries hype.
  • Lawson and Ricciardo at AT, Mick in the Williams for a season or two maybe?
  • sam3110 said:
    Lawson and Ricciardo at AT, Mick in the Williams for a season or two maybe?
    That would make a lot of sense, with Lewis hanging around for at least two more seasons.
  • Nice to have a race where Verstappen didn’t disappear into the distance and coming into the last 10 laps there were 4 or 5 potential winners.
  • edited September 2023
    No way could Mercedes have let him through but I think Hamilton had a bit more pace at the end and might have been able to challenge for the win had he got ahead of Russell. Great drive from Sainz and Norris. If you take Red Bull out of the equation, F1 is exciting.
  • I'm excited to see both McLaren's with the upgrade package next weekend. Still quite fancy them to sneak a win somewhere. 
  • At least Red Bull didn't sweep the season. 

Very pleased for Carlitos too, always comes across as a fantastic guy