Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• He’s still got it…… car shouldn’t be near pole IMO but Lewis is a total beast in Hungary and literally dragged it past Max. It was a proper 11/10ths lap - almost crashed at a couple of points.
  • edited July 2023
    pHeNoMeNaL drive from Perez today to get P3 in such a slow car - True Underdog story performance from him today.

Decent job from Norris today - Not surprising to see Hamilton getting absolutely swamped on the start... Ricciardo had a neat return as well
  • edited July 2023
    Really dull race with nothing of note to happen. Red bull and Max will win every race from now till the end of the season barring reliability or a crash 
  • Dunno why they bother, just give them the title and let's all watch the carnage that is Indycar instead
  • Netflix are gonna struggle for a documentary out of this season unless they’ve got something spicy on Horner or Toto. 
  • edited July 2023
    Netflix are gonna struggle for a documentary out of this season unless they’ve got something spicy on Horner or Toto. 
    There have been two races now where the two Alpine's have taken each other out of the race, today wasnt really fair on either driver.

But perfect for them to play up the Ocon | Gasly hatred of each other.

They'll also be relieved to have Ricciardo back
  • Danny Ric's return is getting a whole DTS episode I'm sure. Netflix won't struggle for content unless Max isn't working with them 
  • 8 races so far:

7 out of 8 poles for Red Bull
    5 out of 8 fastest laps for Red Bull
    8 wins out of 8 for Red Bull
    Update:

9 races so far
    8 out of 9 poles
    6 out of 9 fastest laps
    9 wins out of 9
    Update:
    Another Verstappen clean sweep means RB now have:

10 races
    9 out of 10 poles
    7 out of 10 fastest laps
    10 wins out of 10
    Hamilton's superb drive for pole preventing another RB clean sweep, so it's now:

11 races
    9 out of 11 poles
    8 out of 11 fastest laps
    11 wins out of 11.

Barring someone ramming him off the track or his engine blowing up, i'd be surprised at this point if Verstappen doesn't win every remaining race.
  • Maclaren / Ferrari could get interesting if Piastri continues to pick up. Maclaren have picked up 58 points last two GPs to Ferrari’s 20. Ferrari seem to be going backwards and never seem to get their strategy right. Alonso’s car looks like it’s gone backwards recently as well which is a shame  
  • What with the whole rain delay on the cricket, I waited for the start of the GP with anticipation.  Lewis on pole, McLarens up there... even had put my lucky Union Jack pants on... this was going to be a great day of sport...

Spurs rained off...
    Cricket rained off...
    And Verstappen disappearing into the distance again after the first corner.

Why do I fall for it every time?!  
  • Sponsored links:

• New gearbox for Verstappen so taking a 5 place drop. Won't make much difference anyway 
  • Been a tough year for Szafnauer

Only joined from Aston Martin in 2022, and then had the fallout of the Oscar Piastri mess.
  • Been a tough year for Szafnauer

Only joined from Aston Martin in 2022, and then had the fallout of the Oscar Piastri mess.

I just don't really know what Alpine want. Lost Alonso because he wanted a longer deal , lost Oscar to McLaren because they mucked up the contract and this year's car looks all over the place. 

Just makes me wonder how much longer the top brass at Renault are going to give it. 
  • They also produce, at very significant costs, their own engine, that isn't run by any other team (so no revenue stream, and no data other than from their own 2 engines) and have 2 very middling French drivers. It's all also named Alpine in a bid to make that marque sound more interesting and relevant, but Alpine themselves only make 1 car, and only sold 3500 of them last year, so I don't get why they need a whole F1 team as "marketing" 
  • sam3110 said:
    They also produce, at very significant costs, their own engine, that isn't run by any other team (so no revenue stream, and no data other than from their own 2 engines) and have 2 very middling French drivers. It's all also named Alpine in a bid to make that marque sound more interesting and relevant, but Alpine themselves only make 1 car, and only sold 3500 of them last year, so I don't get why they need a whole F1 team as "marketing" 
    Exactly it all feels like they could pull the plug on it despite the new investment. They're heavily banking on the FIA letting in new teams so they at least have customers.
  • Carnage in Formula 2 Quali with rain arriving after one lap

Bearman looks to have been the winner from this weather - Getting the tow from Vesti down Kemmel straight.
  • Carnage in Formula 2 Quali with rain arriving after one lap

Bearman looks to have been the winner from this weather - Getting the tow from Vesti down Kemmel straight.
    Definitely fell into his lap.
  • edited July 2023
    PHM doing PHM things basically... Otherwise they'd all have got about two laps in - Its been fitting that their livery is brown this season
  • PHM doing PHM things basically... Otherwise they'd all have got about two laps in - Its been fitting that their livery is brown this season
    Been dreadful in F2 and F3. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Max a second clear almost 
  • Was hoping for a Piastri front row but the McLaren needed to be last across the line to get it I think 
  • Depressing that he was so far clear. Perez should be embarrassed.
    Annoying thing for me is that he could have easily been starting 16th instead of 6th, not that it would make too much difference to the end result.
  • Bonkers F3 sprint race this morning. Three separate safety cars required and because 2 full racing laps were not completed out of the 12, no points awarded.

• Bonkers F3 sprint race this morning. Three separate safety cars required and because 2 full racing laps were not completed out of the 12, no points awarded.

Kind of glad I missed it now! Sounds like a shambles 
  • Absolute farce...Can see why they've done it as a result of Spa 2021

But they've over simplified the rules...

They need to separate what consist of a Safety Car, if one needs to come out simply because its too wet, then yeah "racing" laps shouldn't count - In this instance though, where the SC has been required because of RACING incidents... How can the laps not be counted.

Bortoleto has had his Championship saved, what with O'Sullivan's performance... Funny it was him who had to get the last SC out.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Bonkers F3 sprint race this morning. Three separate safety cars required and because 2 full racing laps were not completed out of the 12, no points awarded.

It wasn't that bad to be honest, as the tow is so strong @ Spa (Its the reason the F1 is going to be terrible here if it doesnt rain), so there was a decent amount of fighting for positions throughout.

Marti is one lucky lad though, got in a tangle with Mini... Spun the car to come back on to track (thinking he either had a big enough gap, or that the last car had gone past), and fully collected Cohen.

The lad was beyond apologetic, but he'll surely lose pole tomorrow.

Given the incidents @ Spa of late, a race ban wouldnt be harsh
  • edited July 2023
    MarcusH26 said:
    Bonkers F3 sprint race this morning. Three separate safety cars required and because 2 full racing laps were not completed out of the 12, no points awarded.

It wasn't that bad to be honest, as the tow is so strong @ Spa (Its the reason the F1 is going to be terrible here if it doesnt rain), so there was a decent amount of fighting for positions throughout.

Marti is one lucky lad though, got in a tangle with Mini... Spun the car to come back on to track (thinking he either had a big enough gap, or that the last car had gone past), and fully collected Cohen.

The lad was beyond apologetic, but he'll surely lose pole tomorrow.

Given the incidents @ Spa of late, a race ban wouldnt be harsh
    Agree that he was very lucky to come away without a serious injury. He looked like he had a good view of the track but the way he allowed a lot of cars to pass and then pulled straight into the path of Cohen, maybe not.
    Definitely a big penalty coming his way.
    It's a joke that no points were awarded.
  • Absolutely mega from Piastri. 11 milliseconds off pole is unbelievable. 
  • Oh this is going to be brilliant... Everyone has to start the Sprint race on Wet Tyres - But sounds like they're ALL going to dive into the pits and switch to Inters.