Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• Amongst other names of course, also realising they would leapfrog a couple of drivers
  • The stewards said it had made the penalties less lenient in the case of drivers who received multiple infringements.

“[The] penalties have been applied as follows,” they explained. “For four infringements, a five-second time penalty; for five infringements, a 10 second time penalty. Then a ‘reset’ has been allowed due to the excessive number of infringements. The counting of infringements restarts. After another four infringements, a five-second time penalty will apply; after five, a 10 second time penalty.”

If I've read this right this means Ocon infringements totalled at least 15 laps. 
  • Silverstone FP1 - Mercedes looked like they had taken a step forward...then by FP2... looked like they had gone backwards...weird.  Hopefully they can sort it out by Qualy.
  • CafcWest said:
    Silverstone FP1 - Mercedes looked like they had taken a step forward...then by FP2... looked like they had gone backwards...weird.  Hopefully they can sort it out by Qualy.
    Did they look like they had taken a step forward in FP1?

Their race pace on the soft was decent, but their overall time wasn't 
  • What a couple of moves from Bearman in the wet conditions to go from P5 to P2 in the Sprint race.

FFS as I say that, he loses P2 after a slight spin
  • edited July 2023
    What a couple of moves from Bearman in the wet conditions to go from P5 to P2 in the Sprint race.

Looked in a different league first few laps but looks like he's cooked the tyres now. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    What a couple of moves from Bearman in the wet conditions to go from P5 to P2 in the Sprint race.

Looked in a different league first few laps but looks like he's cooked the tyres now. 
    Putting in a good defence against Doohan, apart from that last moment where the latter got pushed completely off track.
  • Erm Jack... thats how you do an overtake...
  • Shame the whinging Aussie has got the Podium

Bearman definitely has the pace for the feature race tomorrow
  • Perez out of Quali in Q1... Oops... Five races now where he's failed to reach Q3?
  • Sponsored links:

• Great result for Mclaren, P2 and P3 on the Grid tomorrow
  • I thought Lando had that! This Mclaren upgrade package looks superb. 
  • Red Bull should go all out for Norris to replace Perez

They've no one else close

Could get Palou in the AT for the last few races, as IndyCar finishes two months (?) before the F1 - But no guarantee he'll succeed in this format
  • Red Bull should go all out for Norris to replace Perez

They've no one else close

Could get Palou in the AT for the last few races, as IndyCar finishes two months (?) before the F1 - But no guarantee he'll succeed in this format
    Would prefer Norris to be a no 1 driver - think he's too good to play wingman for Max every week.

Think Red Bull should give Albon another go - they really have to drop Perez imo.
  • Great crowd scenes at the circuit. Didn’t bother with tickets this year but know I’ll regret it when the race starts tomorrow.
  • I'm wondering if Dr Marko doesn't have a summer switcheroo? Lawson into the AT for De Vries and Danny Ric in the main team? 
  • Anyone else going tomorrow? Usually see the odd charlton shirt at Silverstone. 
  • Absolute shitfest in the Formula 2 today!!
  • edited July 2023
    Absolute shitfest in the Formula 2 today!!

Says a lot when F3 had better driving standards. Just not really that impressed with this year's F2 field and don't see anyone that's a superstar talent that will walk into F1. Bearman needs to go again next year and iron out the rough edges and I can't see any of Alpine juniors making it. 
  • edited July 2023
    Its odd... But rhe F3 series has barely put a foot wrong this season. 

Some really promising kids coming through there

Cant see any of the Red Bull Juniors being up to scratch next year either in F2 - They need to start thinking about Ricciardo and Palou as their F1 options, unless they can or even want to tempt back Albon. 

Lets be honest though, apart from Verstappen, Vettel and perhaps Ricciardo their Junior Programme has been akin to using a Hand Grenade to find a needle in a haystack.
  • Sponsored links:

• Its odd... But rhe F3 series has barely put a foot wrong this season. 

Cant see any of the Red Bull Juniors being up to scratch next year either in F2 - They need to start thinking about Ricciardo and Palou as their F1 options, unless they can or even want to tempt back Albon. 

Lets be honest though, apart from Verstappen, Vettel and perhaps Ricciardo their Junior Programme has been akin to using a Hand Grenade to find a needle in a haystack.

Interestingly the team that I think has actually got the most interesting academy is Williams - Sargeant will have to step it up in 2024 or O'Sullivan/Browning/Colapinto could easily be targeting his seat for 25' 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Its odd... But rhe F3 series has barely put a foot wrong this season. 

Interestingly the team that I think has actually got the most interesting academy is Williams - Sargeant will have to step it up in 2024 or O'Sullivan/Browning/Colapinto could easily be targeting his seat for 25' 
    O'Sullivan has massively disappointed this season, thought he'd be contesting for the title what with being in the Prema - Be surprised though if he doesn't step up to F2 next year, and need to really impress there now
  • That was such a mega start from Lando. And very very impressive from Oscar to not get dropped by Lando 
  • How is Russell on softs outlasting those on mediums

Great drive so far
  • Surprised only a +5 for Stroll. 
  • What an absolutely fantastic race! 
  • Shame for Sargeant... Got P11 thanks to the Stroll penalty

Hia recent performances are really improving, deserves a points finish soon
  • edited July 2023
    Without Verstappen, this would be a great year.
  • Don't remember such a dominant car/driver combination. Even in 2018-2020 Mercedes lost the odd race. 
  • Don't remember such a dominant car/driver combination. Even in 2018-2020 Mercedes lost the odd race. 
    They win the next one it's the longest winning streak for a team, I can also see them winning most races in one season (record is 19) and maybe even the % record McLaren in 1988 won all but 1 race, 15 out of 16)