Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2023
    sam3110 said:
    Only saving grace is that we've seen Hamilton, Norris, Sainz and Perez all in the barriers this weekend already, so perhaps we'll get drama from that. 

Indy 500 will be the one to watch tomorrow though in reality
    Will be at Brands Hatch tomorrow for the masters historic meeting, really not bothered about Monaco at all. Will definitely be watching the Indy though, it’s a really good race series and the 500 is on my bucket list.
    Race currently stopped, 14 lap shoot out left after a crash. Incredible in car footage of Kyle Kirkwood travelling upside down after clipping a car and flipping.
    How the hell that tyre didnt end up in the Grandstand I'll never know

Had the accident happened a few seconds earlier, there would have been people killed for sure
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Only saving grace is that we've seen Hamilton, Norris, Sainz and Perez all in the barriers this weekend already, so perhaps we'll get drama from that. 

Will be at Brands Hatch tomorrow for the masters historic meeting, really not bothered about Monaco at all. Will definitely be watching the Indy though, it’s a really good race series and the 500 is on my bucket list.
    Race currently stopped, 14 lap shoot out left after a crash. Incredible in car footage of Kyle Kirkwood travelling upside down after clipping a car and flipping.

Had the accident happened a few seconds earlier, there would have been people killed for sure
    Yeah, very lucky. They’ve just announced no one was injured by it. Hit a car though and totalled the front of it
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Hit a car though and totalled the front of it
    Going by the damage to the car, you can see why Humans dont stand a chance if it had made contact with them - Flashbacks to Henry Surtees @ Brands Hatch
  • Options
    This is getting ridiculous now, another red flag with 3 laps to go 
  • Options
    Its amateur... This is a great race compared to Monaco, but the comparison of drivers isnt even close between the two series
  • Options
    What a last lap though 
  • Options
    He was fairly emotional weren't he! 
  • Options
    I think it was a poor decision to add a bit of artificial excitement.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Might have to wait and see based on the Carlin appeal - But looks like Ollie Bearman has pole position in the F2 Feature Race on Sunday!!

Looked very tight, but great lap if so
  • Options
    Think he should be fine - he was clearly on the white line and not over.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes, they can find a few tenths here and there and Aston Martin are a bit better but surely the big jump Mercedes has to make is finding more speed from their engine.
  • Options
    Yes, they can find a few tenths here and there and Aston Martin are a bit better but surely the big jump Mercedes has to make is finding more speed from their engine.
    I think it's just the design of the car. It's a bit of a mess compared what they had a few years back. The rest of this season will be experimenting what works and hopefully they can get closer next year
  • Options
    It wasn't great when Mercedes dominated and it isn't great now Red Bull is doing the same.
  • Options
    Hamilton looking fast. Interesting to see both Perez and Russell failing to follow their illustrious team mates and dropping out of Q2.

But what was going on between Lewis and George down the straight?
  • Options

Where's this Norris pace come from? Looks like the main threat to Max completely out of nowhere. 
  • Options
    Hamilton looking fast. Interesting to see both Perez and Russell failing to follow their illustrious team mates and dropping out of Q2.

But what was going on between Lewis and George down the straight?
    It was quite simple, George didn't see him. He was focussing on slip streaming the Ferrari. No big deal. 

As for the difference in cars, one driver is able to dial the car in and another not so much. This can change from race to race. Even day to day. You can add Leclerc to Perez and Russell yesterday.
  • Options
    A great performance by Oliver Bearman to win the feature race in Spain. Didn't put a foot wrong.
  • Options
    Impressive, as questioned his ability to keep his tyres. 

Especially when you saw the state of his softs... Thought he had messed his lead when they showed him not pitting 
  • Options
    Said it since karting days when I watched him as a 13 year old sweep all before him. This kid is the real deal. Just 18 years old as well
  • Options
    Crazy his results are even better in F2 than what they were in F3
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Horner to Max: well controlled, even though you went over the white lines a few times

Max to Horner: yeah, just within the limits!! 

🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    Enjoyed that!  More overtaking now the track layout has changed.  Greart to see Hamilton and Russell on the podium.  A way to go but definite improvements in the Mercedes.
  • Options
    Still far too early to be sure but maybe Mercedes have found a route back to the top.
  • Options
    They have always been strong at front limited tracks - and Barcelona in particular. Silverstone will also be strong, especially if the lower track temps from today are repeated.

It’s the rear limited cauldrons like Hungary and even Montreal and Spielberg that concern me. That will be the test.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Still far too early to be sure but maybe Mercedes have found a route back to the top.
    yeah by finally scrapping the zero pod they persisted with, when it was obviously not the way to go.
  • Options
    CafcWest said:
    Enjoyed that!  More overtaking now the track layout has changed.  Greart to see Hamilton and Russell on the podium.  A way to go but definite improvements in the Mercedes.
    Personally I found it a bit of a nothing one. Can you think of any other sport where after just one minute of the race the leader is never shown on the TV coverage again? 
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    CafcWest said:
    Personally I found it a bit of a nothing one. Can you think of any other sport where after just one minute of the race the leader is never shown on the TV coverage again? 
    It's a good point and no I can't!  But because the Red Bull is so superior Verstappen is out on his own with no one challenging him there is no excitement watching him cruise around.  If Mercedes or any other teams can get closer and challenge at the front then I'm sure we'd see a lot more!
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    CafcWest said:
    Thank god coverage of the F1 has changed, I remember the late 90s where it was the other way around.
  • Options
    CafcWest said:
    Thank god coverage of the F1 has changed, I remember the late 90s where it was the other way around.
    Agree completely, but it just emphasises the credibility of the event issue. If every London Marathon there was one guy that was out of sight after one mile with no form of lead challenge likely (bar injury) then viewer appeal would wane over time. If the rest of this season continues again in the same vain, I think it’s going to have the same impact
  • Options
    What we have seen yesterday and recently is that Perez can't challenge Verstappen. When he doesn't win in that car he should be coming second.