Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• Brit James Calado won Le Mans with Ferrari this afternoon, fantastic.
  • Brit James Calado won Le Mans with Ferrari this afternoon, fantastic.
    Great fight between them and the Toyota for the bits I sa
  • Le Mans was absolutely fantastic. Did think the 51 Ferrari was in trouble when it wouldn't restart in the pits. 

Excited for next year with BMW, Lamborghini and a few more customer cars joining the fray. 
  • I have a wedding to attend and now have 2 Sunday tickets for Silverstone available. Seated in Woodcote A and fast track passes for entry on the day. Drop a PM if interested.. Selling at face value. 
  • edited June 2023
    Whoops... Been a very long Red Flag in FP1 at Canada, firstly due to an issue with Gasly's car

Now there is an issue with the local CCTV... and are unable to resume for Safety Reasons - Of course the clock wont be stopped either
  • Whoops... Been a very long Red Flag in FP1 at Canada, firstly due to an issue with Gasly's car

Now there is an issue with the local CCTV... and are unable to resume for Safety Reasons - Of course the clock wont be stopped either
    Crazy that they don't - both for the drivers/teams that need the running time and for the fans there!
  • CafcWest said:
    Whoops... Been a very long Red Flag in FP1 at Canada, firstly due to an issue with Gasly's car

Crazy that they don't - both for the drivers/teams that need the running time and for the fans there!
    Its not like they have the Junior Formula's either, so they're not exactly tight with time
  • FP2 will run for 90mins instead of an hour...
  • Sponsored links:

• Some lovely carnage caused by the weather in Quali today

The grid is gonna be all over the place :)
  • Some lovely carnage caused by the weather in Quali today

The grid is gonna be all over the place :)
    Some poor driving/team management on display though, with drivers getting in each others way. 
  • Brilliant strategy from Williams in Q2
  • Sainz deserves a big punishment for getting in the way.
  • Penalties galore after qualifying

Sainz 3 Places for impeding
    Hulkenberg 3 Places for speeding under red flag
    Tsunoda 3 places for impeding
    Stroll 3 places for impeding

Leaves us with Max and Fernando off the front row with the 2 Mercs off the second row . 
  • Pretty boring race this one. No one really got close to Max. At least Lewis and the Mercedes look pretty competitive. 
  • I'm genuinely curious to see Red Bull will all races in the season at this stage.

If de Vries lasts the season @ AlphaTauri... I'd be amazed
  • I'm genuinely curious to see Red Bull will all races in the season at this stage.

If de Vries lasts the season @ AlphaTauri... I'd be amazed

Surely Marko has to be looking at bringing in Lawson? De Vries just looks all at sea. 

Think Red Bull could sweep the season but they'll need Perez to Qualy well. 
  • They should even think about going after Albon to replace Perez, the way he's performing at the moment
  • Great drive from Albion
  • Sponsored links:

• They should even think about going after Albon to replace Perez, the way he's performing at the moment
    He’s so far behind Veratappen, Red Bull should be scoring 1-2’s pretty much every race with that car.
  • That was one brilliantly awkward cool down room :D
  • Stroll is pants at the moment 
  • I'm amazed Ferrari managed to get a 4-5 out of that, only 1 stopping and making it work
  • edited June 2023
    Well… at least Verstappen wasn’t 30 seconds ahead of the rest this week. Not a ton to get excited about further down the field though. Great effort from Albon. You can give Verstappen the title now though. 
  • Stroll is pants at the moment 

I thought wet qualifying might have played into his hands given he's usually pretty useful in wet conditions , but he's been absolutely nowhere all weekend. Bound to be the usual one weekend a season where he actually puts it all together but he's been severely underwhelming.
  • 8 races so far:

7 out of 8 poles for Red Bull
    5 out of 8 fastest laps for Red Bull
    8 wins out of 8 for Red Bull
  • sam3110 said:
    I'm amazed Ferrari managed to get a 4-5 out of that, only 1 stopping and making it work
    I’m beginning to think that Leclerc isn’t as good as his hype. 
  • sam3110 said:
    I'm amazed Ferrari managed to get a 4-5 out of that, only 1 stopping and making it work
    I’m beginning to think that Leclerc isn’t as good as his hype. 

At the moment he puts too much pressure on himself and makes fairly rookie mistakes. Isn't helped by Ferrari Strategy calls being patchy but something isn't right there with him 
  • 8 races so far:

7 out of 8 poles for Red Bull
    5 out of 8 fastest laps for Red Bull
    8 wins out of 8 for Red Bull
    lucky bastaards! :D