Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• sam3110 said:
    Leclerc and Hamilton DSQ, Seargant picks up first point of career as a result, in his home race
    Jesus I thought you were joking for a moment
  • edited October 2023
  • Was sure I was looking at a meme post when I saw it first announced this morning. I know COTA has had track surface issues from being built on a marsh but I didn't expect to see people DSQed for plank wear. 
  • Not sure if it’s been mentioned but is it just me or are the drivers all a bunch of tell tails!

it seems like one in three radio messages yesterday was a driver grassing someone else up for track infringements 
  • Not sure if it’s been mentioned but is it just me or are the drivers all a bunch of tell tails!

it seems like one in three radio messages yesterday was a driver grassing someone else up for track infringements 
    Cant overtake on track... Try and get it via penalty

• The next big Mercedes hope is jumping straight into F2 next season and not running F3. Will be very very interesting to see him Vs Bearman. 
  • edited October 2023
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Fuck - just realised my Dad paused it during dinner. Finished hasn’t it
    dont you just hate it when people pause live sport!
    Problem we have is that I use a smart TV, so watch major live sporting events on the iPlayer or ITV X. My neighbours watch terrestrial, so when there’s a goal (or a try or whatever), I hear them hollering fifteen seconds before I get to see it. Bloody annoying. I’d get my aerial connected but the TV is in an awkward place for the cabling 🙁.

Watched the US Grand Prix. First time I’ve watched live motor racing in ages, and actually really enjoyed it, with Hamilton at least making it interesting. 
    But what’s all this “don’t talk to me when I’m cornering!” from MV?! I hope his engineer clumped him after the race!
    PS Just saw Hamilton was disqualified. 

Cant overtake on track... Try and get it via penalty
    I understand the infringement and how it benefits but I’m talking about when they’re following drivers, I think it was perez behind Russell yesterday and he kept radioing through saying Russell was going off, Noris did it when verstappen passed him but admitted he couldn’t see if he went off but then did it again while following him . The Ferraris were both doing it as well
  • Shame but rules are rules. Hopefully wasn’t a major factor in Mercedes closing the gap on RB.
  • MarcusH26 said:

The next big Mercedes hope is jumping straight into F2 next season and not running F3. Will be very very interesting to see him Vs Bearman. 
    Wonder if this is because of the change in Car, everyone is starting new, so Kimi effectively has as good a chance as anyone next season.

Wont be surprised to see him in the Williams in 2025
  • Sponsored links:

• MarcusH26 said:

The next big Mercedes hope is jumping straight into F2 next season and not running F3. Will be very very interesting to see him Vs Bearman. 
    Wonder if this is because of the change in Car, everyone is starting new, so Kimi effectively has as good a chance as anyone next season.

Think that's a major point , he's not going in against drivers that have driven the car for 2/3 seasons , it's a clean slate.

Would not be surprised if he's in F1 by 25' , despite Williams having their own juniors. 
  • edited October 2023
    MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:

Think that's a major point , he's not going in against drivers that have driven the car for 2/3 seasons , it's a clean slate.

Would not be surprised if he's in F1 by 25' , despite Williams having their own juniors. 
    Its why I don't think it'll hurt if Sargeant is left in the Williams for one last year

Logan (or even Albon if he moves up the ladder) can then easily be replaced by Antonelli for a year or two, whilst he waits for Hamilton to retire, don't see him replacing Russell, unless he really shits the bed.

See either O'Sullivan or Colapinto needing 2-years at the very least in F2, thats if either are really good enough to make the final step up.
  • Notice across the pond that Callum Ilott has got out of that toxic shithole @ Juncos

Not surprised given he received endless death threats from Argentine fans for two separate incidents with his team mate, neither his fault, last season... Whilst unsurprisingly getting zero support from his Argentine team.

Just hope he's got a place on the IndyCar grid still
  • Notice across the pond that Callum Ilott has got out of that toxic shithole @ Juncos

Not surprised given he received endless death threats from Argentine fans for two separate incidents with his team mate, neither his fault, last season... Whilst unsurprisingly getting zero support from his Argentine team.

Just hope he's got a place on the IndyCar grid still

Unfortunately his options are kinda limited unless he can bring some big personal backing to any of the remaining seats. Sportscars might be his best bet for 2024. 

Replacing him with Grosjean who had a disaster last season with Andretti is certainly a weird move. 
  • edited October 2023
    Time to see how Ollie Bearman does in FP1, not that he'll be allowed to do anything that'll stand out, but hopefully the first outing of many in F1.

Didnt realise that he's now the youngest Brit to be involved in an Formula One weekend.
  • All this waiting at the end of the pitlane looks really amateurish 
  • Front row lockout for Ferrari and the guys behind are all under investigation for the farce at the end of the pitlane
  • No penalties handed out, except for Sargeant because he overtook Tsunoda under Yellow Flags - Bit ridiculous if you ask me, they've claimed its safer backing everyone up in the pits than on track.

But is it really safe doing it in a pitlane with so many people around? 
  • Danny Ric ahead of Perez in his home race  :#
  • Sponsored links:

• Kin Hell Sergio... Brain dead move - There were rumours he might retire in Mexico, but didnt think it would be like that
  • Kin Hell Sergio... Brain dead move - There were rumours he might retire in Mexico, but didnt think it would be like that
    Compare that with Verstappen’s start and the gulf between them is clear.
    Never had a hope in hell of going round the outside of 2 cars into that corner.
  • Sat down with the wife and said to her as long as the Ferrari's get to the first corner in front of Vertstappen, it might just be competitive...

Oh well then, expecting another bore fest barring a miracle...
  • The move reminded me of when Verstappen went round the outside back in 2021.

Only this just proved the difference between the two of them, not to mention Bottas backed out that day
  • I'd be shocked if Perez is kept after that. Felt like the move of someone absolutely desperate to get a result in his home race 
  • Magnusson looks quite shaken.
  • Red flag the right decision , hopefully KMag is okay 
  • edited October 2023
    Yeah called the Red Flag the moment I saw the barrier

Bad form from Verstappen complaining about it
  • Great overtake from Lewis