Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Piggate

Comments

• Options

Riviera said:

Riviera said:

se9addick said:

Behave, kids dicking around. Literally.

Genuinely can't believe how anyone can attempt to make anything serious out of this story. Someone potentially did a stupid prank under peer pressure 20 odd years ago. So what. So did most of us

Most of us aren't the prime minister of Great Britain.
    But he did it long before he was, PM, before he was an MP even. It's not as though he was rifling around in the fridge at the Whitehouse last week to show Obama his party trick.
    Very true but he is now and that's why it's a story that isn't going away soon ( if ever) .
    The whole world knows it now and will forever look at him in a different way.
    I could be wrong but I think he's done.
    Brushing it off as high jinx ain't gonna work Sadly.
    You are wrong, no could about it.
    ?
    ??
    is this worth an argument alert? albeit, a mysterious one.
    I thought they were just drawing little piggy tails.
  • Options

sam3110 said:

Oh facking YAWN to the lotta ya, it's a proper non story, the kind of shit you see on the front of the Sunday Sport and the the Daily Star, "man shags pig head" and in reality you read the story and it's all a bit meh.

I'm sure there are high ranking officials in charge of important companies and affairs that have done far worse.

Reminds me of Ali G IndaHouse when he can't think of anything to say so he just blurts out "yeah well you sucked off a horse"

What next,

"Corbyn played soggy biscuit when he was 17"?

"Farage once goosed friend in the showers"

"Milliband licked whipped cream off a grandmothers tits"

Surely all the welsh MP's would be shitting themselves over this, I mean most of their sheep are still alive

And if it had been Milliband or Corbyn would it have been such a non story? We all know the answer to that.
    Yes, it still would have been a total non-story. We don't even know if it's bloody true! I genuinely don't give a shit what these people did when they were kids
  • Options

sam3110 said:

Oh facking YAWN to the lotta ya, it's a proper non story, the kind of shit you see on the front of the Sunday Sport and the the Daily Star, "man shags pig head" and in reality you read the story and it's all a bit meh.

I'm sure there are high ranking officials in charge of important companies and affairs that have done far worse.

Reminds me of Ali G IndaHouse when he can't think of anything to say so he just blurts out "yeah well you sucked off a horse"

What next,

Surely all the welsh MP's would be shitting themselves over this, I mean most of their sheep are still alive

And if it had been Milliband or Corbyn would it have been such a non story? We all know the answer to that.
    Yes, it still would have been a total non-story. We don't even know if it's bloody true! I genuinely don't give a shit what these people did when they were kids
    Well we will agree to disagree on that one.
  • Options

sam3110 said:

What next,

I think it's as big a story as you want it to be based on your political persuasion.
  • Options

sam3110 said:

What next,

I think it's as big a story as you want it to be based on your political persuasion.
    Exactly the point I was making.
  • Options

sam3110 said:

What next,

That's an odd point to make though. You're essentially admitting that you're only making a big deal out of this and pushing that Cameron's reputation is 'forever tarnished' purely because you don't like him and his party. I take it from your comment about Corbyn and Milliband that had it been them you would be brushing it off as if it wasn't a big deal. That's nuts.
  • Options
    edited September 2015

sam3110 said:

What next,

That's an odd point to make though. You're essentially admitting that you're only making a big deal out of this and pushing that Cameron's reputation is 'forever tarnished' purely because you don't like him and his party. I take it from your comment about Corbyn and Milliband that had it been them you would be brushing it off as if it wasn't a big deal. That's nuts.
    No. you couldn't be more wrong. If it had been Milliband or Corbyn I would have imagine their political careers would have been over and done with and possibly quite rightly so . Not that I think Corbyn would have been involved in these pathetic rituals.
    Cameron might survive this because he has support amongst the written press ( despite the story being broken by the Daily Mail) where as the other two might as well have handed the keys in if it happened to them.
    Having said all that Cameron's reputation has been forever tarnished no matter what anyone says.
  • Options

sam3110 said:

What next,

No. you couldn't be more wrong. If it had been Milliband or Corbyn I would have thought their political careers would have been over and possibly quite rightly so . Cameron might survive this because he has support amongst the written press ( despite the story being broken by the Daily Mail) where as the other two might as well have handed the keys in if it happened to them.
    Having said all that Cameron's reputation has been forever tarnished no matter what anyone says.
    Even if it's not true, for which there is currently nothing to indicate it is? Blimey. And even if it is true, the idea that someone's whole political career is over because of some silly thing they did when they were 20 is ridiculous. Surely no-one is that precious
  • Options
    Not the lead story on Newsnight. They did cover it though and had the co-author in the studio. She happily admitted that she had no idea whatsoever if the pig story was true. She did however say that today's revelations were not a fair representation of the book, and when it is published next month; will paint a far more complimentary picture of Dave.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

sam3110 said:

What next,

No. you couldn't be more wrong. If it had been Milliband or Corbyn I would have thought their political careers would have been over and possibly quite rightly so . Cameron might survive this because he has support amongst the written press ( despite the story being broken by the Daily Mail) where as the other two might as well have handed the keys in if it happened to them.
    Even if it's not true, for which there is currently nothing to indicate it is? Blimey. And even if it is true, the idea that someone's whole political career is over because of some silly thing they did when they were 20 is ridiculous. Surely no-one is that precious
    I did say a few pages earlier that I though Lord Ashcroft was wrong for exposing what he did.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Not the lead story on Newsnight. They did cover it though and had the co-author in the studio. She happily admitted that she had no idea whatsoever if the pig story was true. She did however say that today's revelations were not a fair representation of the book, and when it is published next month; will paint a far more complimentary picture of Dave.

What is the Mail's headline for tomorrow's paper?
  • Options

sam3110 said:

What next,

Yes it is something of a non-story. I couldn't care less, within reason, what people's person exploits (sexual or otherwise) are. But the press think otherwise for the time being given that it is headlines in all major papers.

I think what Beds is saying is that, given the predominately right wing press in this country, had it been a senior labour politician then we would have had an unrelenting attack on his/her personality for days on end which wouldn't happen so much if it was a Tory MP. You only have to look at the coverage of Corbyn since becoming leader. He has been portrayed as the devil incarnate with non story after non story, culminating with the most ridiculous story in the Express where they had an attack on his great great grandfather. Even though it is all nonsense, it becomes a story as they keep going so that the said politician will become an embarrassment, then beleaguered, then embattled, then, finally, resigned.

In Dave's case the Mail has clearly decided they want rid of him. My guess is that they want someone more anti Europe in place ready for the referendum. Dave is far too pro Europe for the Mail's liking.
    Put far more eloquently than I could have done. Exactly right.
  • Options
    Do you think a photo would end him?
  • Options

This is getting almost as ridiculous as chizzs football shark thread.

Has David had a go at that too? Bet it was a quickie.....
  • Options
    It sounds like a university prank with no sexual element to it.

Are they claiming an erect young Cameron f#cked a pigs head and climaxed within it's mouth or as a dare/ ritual he had to put his willy in the pig.

The claims of bestialty seem way off the mark.
  • Options
    So this book could just be a pig in a poke, about a poke in a pig.
  • Options
    mascot88 said:

Do you think a photo would end him?

I think it would. Why would you want to join a club where the entry requirement was to do that? I know for the rugger buggers in this country this is just standard Saturday behaviour followed by drinking 2 pints of urine but most of the world will see this as mentally deranged and he will lose all credibility, Gideon to the rescue.
  • Options

sam3110 said:

What next,

To most of us that don't see politics as some pathetic point scoring rivalry game, yes.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

sam3110 said:

What next,

To most of us that don't see politics as some pathetic point scoring rivalry game, yes.

Unfortunatly, thats not the way that politics is reported or operates in this country. A large part of the voting population gets a lot of information about politics in this way and it influences voting decisions. Throw enough mud and some of it will stick. Lynton and Crosby, who advise on Tory election strategy are masters at it. Time again it is shown to work.

The more serious charge is that Cameron lied about not knowing about Ashchroft's non dom status.

The alleged associations with relaxed attitudes to drug taking, sexual shennigans with pigs head are not going help to Cameron.

An unholy alliance of Ashcroft getting Cameron back and the Mail wanting a more Tory Euro sceptic leader. Great publicity for the book as well.
  • Options
    vff said:

sam3110 said:

What next,

The more serious charge is that Cameron lied about not knowing about Ashchroft's non dom status.
    I expect most expected that to be honest. Most politicians will turn a blind eye in order to get power.

• Options
    I guess this sort of thing happens all the time at all boys boarding schools and goes some way to explaining why all his old school chums have jobs in his government.

Cheered us all up and will be a run longing joke for as long as he is about. How those around him are going to keep a straight face I don't know. Can you imagine working in the commons restaurant? Lamb for a change PM? Gravy with the pork PM? Stuffing?

What a pity the muppet show is not on; or is it?
  • Options
    Not sure why everyone is assuming that it is true. Let's just recap here.

Ashcroft says that a Tory MP (who he doesn't name) said that he knew a guy who had seen a photo of Cameron en flagrante porcino. That's pretty weak (apple) source. Even Ashcroft is sceptical in the book.
  • Options
    People say it is about revenge, but I think the headline grabbers are the issue here. Book publishers need publicity so they demand the stories that publicise the book. Whether bitter or not, true or not, I don’t think this story should come from a friend! I was more concerned about the possible untruth about when Cameron knew about the non domicile position myself that some immature act that he may or may not have done when he was….er …immature.
  • Options

This is getting almost as ridiculous as chizzs football shark thread.

• Options
    For Ashcroft see the Earl of Warwick/The King Maker.
    what is different now to nearly 600 years ago ?
    Absolutely nothing.
    Quid pro quo were the Written rules then.
    Now it's the tacit agreement of a nod and a wink that
    8 million pounds won't just get you a lordship but a powerful job.
    When this didn't come to fruition,
    Then hell has no fury like a Lord scorned.
    Dave already was known as the posh Eton boy who got up to high jinks
    so the Pig's head is just a confirmation of this. true or false ?
    This salacious gossip is masking the true story of David Ashcroft's
    non-domiciled status,and Cameron's knowledge of it, plus yet again the fact that
    DC struggled to understand the tribal aspect of Libya and the fact that you get rid of the tyrant that was Gaddafi and a myriad of other Extremists will take over the vacuum left behind. ( history just keeps repeating itself)
    David Cameron is a Public relations man who has a new client ?

The Prime minister.
  • Options
    If nothing else, this 'controversy' will ensure he sells a lot of copies of his book
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Surely this book is proving Cameron right in not electing Ashcroft to his high office. What a disloyal piece of work.

Who cares what he got up to at uni.