Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Peeters' Successor?

Comments

• Charlton played good attacking football granted when Mendonca was playing

With Robbo and Newton on the wings....wasn't to bad when we had Flannagan and Hales up front and Paddy and Peacock on the wings.
  • _nam11 said:

Surely they would've had some sort of list of managers they would like to appoint? Unless the new guy already at a club.

Waiting a week isn't ideal, especially in the transfer window?

But I guess it is RD, so gawd knows!

Only if you intend on spending any money.
  • Very true.
  • edited January 2015

Are the club actually going to say anything today or am I wasting my time by continuously refreshing the twitter page...

'Call for Munns' on the F5 button / equivalent (sorry can't do gifs). :smile:
  • They have even installed Robbie Fowler as a 66/1 punt. ???
  • Meire: "We had been very supportive of Bob.. but disappointing nature of performances and results forced us to look at the situation"
    Meire: "We have won just once in past 12 matches and with the January transfer window open it is an important time of the season."
    Meire: "Despite recent rumours in the media we had not considered this option until after Saturday’s game.
  • Meire statement also confirms Damian Matthew and Ben Roberts have been put in temporary charge. No mention of successor.
  • @CAFCofficial: Charlton CEO Katrien Meire has confirmed the club has begun the search for a new Head Coach. Full statement --> http://t.co/q46fK5WivX #cafc

Thanks Colin. I mean Katrien
  • edited January 2015
    Kap10 said:

Sorry if this has been posted already:-

Charlton CEO Katrien Meire says the decision to part ways with Bob Peeters was not an easy one as the club began the process of searching for his replacement on Monday afternoon
    Iain Liddle reports

Charlton CEO Katrien Meire says the decision to part ways with Bob Peeters was not an easy one as the club began the process of searching for his replacement on Monday afternoon.

The former Head Coach had his contract at the club terminated on Sunday, following the 1-0 defeat at home to Brighton & Hove Albion, while Patrick Van Houdt and Guy Kiala have also left the club.

First-Team Coach Damian Matthew and Goalkeeping Coach Ben Roberts have been placed in caretaker charge for the time being and will prepare the squad for Saturday’s game at Watford (3pm).

Peeters leaves Charlton with the side 14th in the Championship, but without a win in front of their own supporters since the 2-1 victory over Bolton Wanderers on October 21st.

“It was a very difficult decision to reach,” said Meire.

“We had been very supportive of Bob until the very last moment, but the disappointing nature of performances and results in recent matches forced us to look at the situation.

“Despite recent rumours in the media we had not considered this option until after Saturday’s game.

“We have won just once in the past 12 matches and with the January transfer window open it is an important time of the season for the club.

“We feel this is the right decision for the club and I have asked Damian Matthew and Ben Roberts to take temporary charge. I have no doubts they will do an excellent job taking care of the side for the time being.

“We know how important it is to make sure this next appointment is the right one because I understand that this club needs and deserves a Head Coach who can plan and take charge for the long-term.

“I realise this decision has taken some by surprise, but there is still a lot to play for this season and we want to try and ensure the 2014/15 campaign ends as successfully as it started.”

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/search-under-way-for-new-charlton-head-coach-2199269.aspx#ZbJkWKJeRQLZLcth.99

• Sponsored links:

• Why have you done that dazzler?
  • Save people time?
  • Dazzler21 said:

Save people time?

it's now even got it's own thread!
  • Putting a line through the statement? then taking it out?
  • The line through was accidentally clicking strikethrough instead of quote.
  • Doubt it could ever happen, but AC is the only one that can give the supporters a high - respect from players and a long term solution for the club.
    As for everyone else mentioned. 'Don't get comfortable.
  • edited January 2015

pettgra said:

They have even installed Robbie Fowler as a 66/1 punt. ???

I read that as Robbie Savage. I actually started to throw up.
    You still might. Freedman has drifted into fours. Who the hell is lumping on him. I am starting to feel queasy.

• How's Big Jim FH been doing in management?
  • Feels different this time to me. From katriens quotes it sounds like we're prepared to offer a longer contract instead of a 'rolling' one. Hopefully that means RD may have learnt his lesson and might get us an experienced British manager in to help steady the ship and then push on next season.

If we do end up with Jones I can't imagine him coming to is and working under RD's rumoured current terms ie, 'he picks the transfers' etc.

Fingers crossed
  • Sponsored links:

• Hi chaps, new to the thread, enjoyed reading it for a while but thought i'd throw in a contribution. how about

Curbs coming in with Dean Kiely as a #2? given that he was released from his contract by WBA not so long ago?
  • edited January 2015
    CAFCDAZ said:

Hi chaps, new to the thread, enjoyed reading it for a while but thought i'd throw in a contribution. how about

Curbs coming in with Dean Kiely as a #2? given that he was released from his contract by WBA not so long ago?

Good shout. Although didn't they fall out?
  • more a case of pastures new and different direction i thought? could be wrong, however it would make my day seeing the pair of the back down the valley. Atmosphere and performance this weekend was dire. i did like the look for the TWatt though...aka Tony Watt
  • we don't we go for a player/coach role that we can then solve the big unit upfront problem...someone like Drogba, speaks French and if it doesn't work out on the coaching front we can keep him as a player
  • edited January 2015
    Yes please lets have the Tank back----one phone call to to Jose at Chelsea and its all sorted "how many do u want George my old mate?"

george costa-------oooooooow ooo
    george costa -------oooow ooo

fecking hates smallwall as well
  • Do we think that a genuine selection process inviting applicants will be held or that it is a fait accompli with one of the network coming in.

• Well if it was Freedman we may see Lennie in the home dugout.
    If he didn't fancy it maybe Clinton Morrison as number two.
    I know, I am not funny. I think I can hear the gnashing of teeth.
    I was only joking guys, honestly!
  • Wow, Luzon almost evens now