Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Peeters' Successor?

1111213141517»

Comments

• If you collate GLs results with Standard and project them over the 46 games of our season we would have 77-78 points at the end. I know that may not mean much, but before we write him off as a failure at SL.

Difference being they are one of the strongest teams in that division. We're not.
    Good point. Wasn't suggesting that everything in the garden is rosy, just that we are perhaps getting a bit carried away in our anxieties about this signing.
  • i'd be over the moon if they couldn't get a work permit for him #BringBackCurbs
  • can someone amend the thread heading please, should be successor
  • Looks as though its Luzon then, what a bloody pity. Odds slashed to 1/6 and now reported on Sky Sports HQ as in talks with us. If as KM says they are looking long-term we are going to be stuck with him I think for quite awhile I guess.

Don't bet on it. If he does badly, he'll be out on his ear and the next one off the conveyor belt will take his place. All this long term stuff is smoke and mirrors to appease the fans and RD has shown how cut throat he is.

Also how can a bloke who has no experience whatsoever of the Championship be the best man for the job? They must think we're all idiots. And it would be interesting to know how much information the players are given at this time and if they're being fed the same load of bull that we are or whether they've been briefed.
  • If you collate GLs results with Standard and project them over the 46 games of our season we would have 77-78 points at the end. I know that may not mean much, but before we write him off as a failure at SL.

Difference being they are one of the strongest teams in that division. We're not.
    Indeed. The Belgian Pro League is barely any more competitive than the SPL. If Luzon's a great manager based on his performance at Liege, then Neil Lennon is also a great manager based on his performance at Celtic.

Neil Lennon is not a great manager.
  • CAFCDAZ said:

i'd be over the moon if they couldn't get a work permit for him #BringBackCurbs

Do you know Luzons work well?
  • edited January 2015
    MrLargo said:

If you collate GLs results with Standard and project them over the 46 games of our season we would have 77-78 points at the end. I know that may not mean much, but before we write him off as a failure at SL.

Indeed. The Belgian Pro League is barely any more competitive than the SPL. If Luzon's a great manager based on his performance at Liege, then Neil Lennon is also a great manager based on his performance at Celtic.

Neil Lennon is not a great manager.
    I missed the post that said that Guy Luzon is a great manager. What I said was that there is evidence that he is capable of getting results. As for comparing the equivalent strengths of different leagues we have visited that topic so many times over the last couple of years I have nothing more to add.
  • Dazzler no but i dont want another washed up manager from the network, but someone with a bit of nous that actually knows the championship and has proven ability in the UK. Curbs or Karl Robinson for me. Luzon can stay eating truffles with Roland in Belgium for all i care!
  • Anyone else thinking Freedman was touted to soften the blow of it being Luzon? Its the only way him being mentioned can be explained.
  • Sponsored links:

• Guy Luzer

No English football experience, no previous links with Charlton, no track record and no clue.

Cheap, will never disagree with Roly and has an extensive knowledge of Belgium.

Perfect.

Welcome to the farce Mr Luzer and the very best of luck.

That's the spirit.

• CAFCDAZ said:

Dazzler no but i dont want another washed up manager from the network, but someone with a bit of nous that actually knows the championship and has proven ability in the UK. Curbs or Karl Robinson for me. Luzon can stay eating truffles with Roland in Belgium for all i care!

Washed up? at 38 years old?

Ha ha ha.

i do agree however would be nicer to have someone with proven experience in the English leagues.
  • CAFCDAZ said:

It's a good point, I know that work permits for players are based on their international appearances/potential. What are the rules for managers ?
  • dickplumb said:

dickplumb said:

You all know it is going to be Luzon. It is no good fighting it.

Dick as I just wrote on another thread, if it is Luzon, why the delay? There is a game on saturday, there is a transfer window ticking and he is already an employee of Roland Duchatelet. Somebody suggested it is a delay to try and pretend to us that there is a process. I don't buy that for one minute. A quick look at how RD has done things in Standard shows us that far from being worried about fan reaction he actually seems to enjoy making decisions that has them all on the streets raging.
    Cynical person that i am. I would think that Luzon has already been approached. There has been a kerfuffle from the Charlton fans. So they appoint Roberts and Matthew as caretakers. They wait till the storm dies down and appoint him, saying he is the best man for the job. Simples.

Looks like you are right. I honestly thought they were better than this/
  • edited January 2015
    CAFCDAZ said:

He won't need one. He could probably get away with it being a 4 week holiday
  • CAFCDAZ said:

...and then he has his contract terminated?

• Riga--id never herd of him, he had no previous experience with the Championship ---he did well
    Big Bob----never herd of him, he had no previous knowledge of championship and did Ok
    Luzon--never herd of him. has no previous knowledge of championship ---feck knows !

the we have had Pardew,Parkinson,Reid,Dowie--------------- all SHIT
  • CAFCDAZ said:

Makes me want to vote UKIP !
  • N O T _ L U Z O N
  • If he's been working in Belgium, he's probably got some sort of right to work in the EU, so can't see it would be an issue.
    I'm underwhelmed but prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt (as I was with Riga and Peeters). Good mate who is a Bolton fan wouldn't wish Freedman on anyone apart from Blackburn or Burnley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Belgium labor laws are much more flexible than ours, hence the reason allot of PL teams use the jupiler league as an feeder clubs, i.e. Antwerp with Man Utd and Arsenal with Beveren, all where they throw players they sign who don't meet the criteria for work Permits over here. the Toure brothers are prime examples.
  • However to add to that, i have no idea what the criteria for a Manager would be, For players it playing 75% of their Country of origins competitive International games over the past 12 months or something similar, hence the reason Leicester are having issues with there new signing...
  • Nobody from ManU playing for R. Antwerp currently ... However, RD was born in Antwerp, owns an English club. R. Antwerp has a British main investor (saif rubie). In what kind of a world do we live in ....
  • @SportsPeteO: Former Standard Liege boss Guy Luzon is set to meet Charlton's coaching staff tonight ahead of taking over at the Valley. #CAFC
  • _nam11 said:

If be very surprised if a new head coach isn't appointed by Saturday

Why the "LOL" @PragueAddick‌ ?!

I "LOL" your "LOL" ;)
  • Really excited we're bringing in a manager on a long term contract , with European experience.