Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Peeters' Successor?

Comments

• edited January 2015
    What about sami hyppia... I know he did a terrible job at Brighton but got bayern leverkusen playing such good football previously.

You know what. Stuff it. I just want a manager who will get us playing attacking football. Is that too much to ask for?!?!
  • dickplumb said:

Can i throw Vital Borkelmans into the mix. According to someone on Not606 he is down the training ground.

There you go - Our new manager
  • In terms of the good attacking Football I heard a good quote from Paul Merson on Soccer Saturday a few weeks ago.

Every fan wants their team to play beautiful attacking Football yet sometimes the players cant manage it and the majority of team that try it results in them slipping down the leagues... Only the likes of Chelsea / Arsenal / Manchester City can afford to play good attacking football at the time because they've got the resources to go out and buy the flair players that cost money
  • pettgra said:

Freedman was 25/1 this morning now gone into 6/1. Hmmm.

Luzon don't sound too bad then
  • Vital Borkelmans: well known in Belgium as a player. More a people's manager than a real tactician. There must be better ones available ...
  • MrLargo said:

dickplumb said:

Can i throw Vital Borkelmans into the mix. According to someone on Not606 he is down the training ground.

Sounds like he's suitably qualified. His only club management experience is as follows:

In January 2010, he was appointed manager of Dender EH in the Belgian Second Division, but fired following the relegation to the Belgian Third Division following the 2011-12 season.
    Sounds perfect. We might as well give it to Morgan Fox.
  • In terms of the good attacking Football I heard a good quote from Paul Merson on Soccer Saturday a few weeks ago.

Every fan wants their team to play beautiful attacking Football yet sometimes the players cant manage it and the majority of team that try it results in them slipping down the leagues... Only the likes of Chelsea / Arsenal / Manchester City can afford to play good attacking football at the time because they've got the resources to go out and buy the flair players that cost money

I can think of a few teams who have played good attacking football from outside the premiership. You need a good solid back four that we had which was a start but unfortunately you also need a good creative midfielder who drives the team forward and a striker who can hold the ball up and bring the rest into play.
    Easier said ( typed ) than done though .
  • Thats the thing though... there are very few good enough Creative Midfielders at this level... Its more about being up for the fight and having the guile to win matches

Swansea, Southampton...
  • Sponsored links:

Swansea, Southampton...
    Southampton had the beauty of having Adam Lallana coming through their Youth Academy though along with Morgan Schneiderlin
  • edited January 2015

In terms of the good attacking Football I heard a good quote from Paul Merson on Soccer Saturday a few weeks ago.

Swansea, Southampton...
    Southampton had the beauty of having Adam Lallana coming through their Youth Academy though along with Morgan Schneiderlin
    And good coaches willing to put the time in. Swansea have got every single appointment correct since League Two to maintain this and therefore sign the type of player needed.
  • Charlton played good attacking football granted when Mendonca was playing
  • edited January 2015

Scoham said:

I would take Dave Jones over another foreign coach with no Championship experience but we all know we are going to get an RD puppet.

A Belgian or Belgian league manager probably but that doesn't make them a puppet (or yes man) does it? I wouldn't say Riga or Peeters were puppets.
    So do you think they had any say in the players that we brought in ?
    Peeters had some input yes, that's not the same as having control. The obvious example is Vetokele who he had worked with before. Riga wasn't here when the transfer window was open, but I expect it would have worked in the same way.

That doesn't make them puppets, it's how it works at clubs across Europe. They were appointed as head coach after all.
  • pettgra said:

Freedman was 25/1 this morning now gone into 6/1. Hmmm.

Luzon don't sound too bad then
    Your right. It cannot happen, surely................

• Throwing one out there. What about Nigel Clough?
  • Shaun Bartlett (@shaunbart9)
    12/01/2015 13:31
    @JeanSmyth Would love to relish the chance if going back there

Apparently referring to us.
    Head coach of Golden Arrows, SA.
    Would be welcomed back?
  • Luzon's odds are straying by the hour. Maybe he isn't as nailed on as we thought. from 1/6 to 1/3 now
  • Sponsored links:

• DM and g/k coach Roberts in charge for Watford game according to sky sports HQ
  • Luzon now 4/9...continues to drift in the betting
  • edited January 2015

Luzon now 4/9...continues to drift in the betting

While Fraeye's odds drop.

DM and g/k coach Roberts in charge for Watford game according to sky sports HQ

Although, the fact that Matthew and Roberts are in charge for Saturday suggests the club are taking the next appointment a bit more seriously this time and are maybe looking beyond the network rarther than parachuting one of their own in.
  • Scoham said:

Scoham said:

I would take Dave Jones over another foreign coach with no Championship experience but we all know we are going to get an RD puppet.

A Belgian or Belgian league manager probably but that doesn't make them a puppet (or yes man) does it? I wouldn't say Riga or Peeters were puppets.
    So do you think they had any say in the players that we brought in ?
    Peeters had some input yes, that's not the same as having control. The obvious example is Vetokele who he had worked with before. Riga wasn't here when the transfer window was open, but I expect it would have worked in the same way.

That doesn't make them puppets, it's how it works at clubs across Europe. They were appointed as head coach after all.
    But the difference is The Network. There is the pressure to take players from the Network to plug squad holes. For example do you think Watt is the type of striker to play alongside Vetokele? And if you resist, you are considered by the owner to be difficult, not a believer in the Grand Strategy. That is basically what happened to Powell.
  • If be very surprised if a new head coach isn't appointed by Saturday
  • I'd Take Big Ron
  • _nam11 said:

If be very surprised if a new head coach isn't appointed by Saturday

I think you're going to be very surprised. Unless the new man is appointed but not in charge for Watford.
  • DM and g/k coach Roberts in charge for Watford game according to sky sports HQ

I'd pick yourself in between the sticks Ben if you are still registered, at least from what I recall you're not afraid to come for crosses and are comfortable with ball at your feet. :-0
  • Are the club actually going to say anything today or am I wasting my time by continuously refreshing the twitter page...
  • edited January 2015
    Surely they would've had some sort of list of managers they would like to appoint? Unless the new guy already at a club.

Waiting a week isn't ideal, especially in the transfer window?

But I guess it is RD, so gawd knows!