Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Peeters' Successor?

Comments

• Who started betting on Freedman?

Charlton Rainbows.
  • Who started betting on Freedman?

Dougie Freedman himself
  • The bookies know diddly just like us.

Whilst I reckon Ken Dodd could do a job for us, not sure if his age might play against his appointment, whatever the bookies say.
  • Billy Davies. Turned us down before dowie.
  • With regard to Freedman - at the risk of stating the bleedin' obvious, bookies do start false gambles occasionally, particularly on markets such as this that are rumour driven rather than form driven.

• Chuck said:

Why would Luzon join Charlton? Wasn't he sacked by RD at Standard?
    I guess Riga was in the same boat and still joined us

Riga quit I think.
    Yep, which is the reason he wasn't offered the job in the summer. Reilly was worried he would walk again
  • edited January 2015

The bookies know diddly just like us.

What the bookies do know is when money comes in you shorten the odds.

For Freedman to go from 66-1 to 7/2 that's because a lot of money is going on him ?

Why thou ?

Well I don't know how Freedman has got into the picture either. He won't be known to either RD, Katrien or Fraeye if he's advising ? Murray wouldn't be advocating him surely. Very odd.

Its the Freedman odds that worry me as well, he has hardly been mentioned on here or other forums that i've checked, yet he was a rank outsider and moves to 3rd favorite.....bookies don't often get it wrong...someone is promoting him surely?

Maybe Freedman fancies getting the job so has put money on himself to get noticed.

• Anyone but curbs!

Welcome to the board, what took you so long to start posting?
  • Chuck said:

Why would Luzon join Charlton? Wasn't he sacked by RD at Standard?
    I guess Riga was in the same boat and still joined us

Riga quit I think.
    Yep, which is the reason he wasn't offered the job in the summer. Reilly was worried he would walk again
    Rolly........auto correct!!!
  • Freedman 2/1 now, drop me out.
  • Sponsored links:

• @TheFLZone: Alan Curbishley and Gareth Ainsworth are the two favourites for the #CharltonAthletic job. #cafc
  • Id love us to get Mark Warburton from Brentford.
  • Latest odds:

Freedman 2/1
    Luzon 2/1
    Fraeye 9/4

• How about Karl Robinson not sure if any one else has mentioned him but he is young and good with Curbs as director of football
  • The Sub Standard is reporting Guy Luzon.
  • Jim Davidson Head Coach, Barry Fry DoF.
  • dickplumb said:

The Sub Standard is reporting Guy Luzon.

Unlike them to behind everyone else.

In all seriousness it is nice of them to notice us for a change.
  • dickplumb said:

The Sub Standard is reporting Guy Luzon.

I would guess that they have read the link here to a previously unheard of Israeli website and are taking a punt that it is correct. It wrote yesterday that Luzon meets RD today. I don't believe it. Last week they claimed that it was going to happen. That is what started the rumour here. It didn't happen. If their source last week was correct, then why delay? Why put DM and BR In charge? Luzonis still on the Staprix payroll.

The thing about the bookies list is that the only foreigners on it are those linked to the network and mentioned on here. While I'd be happy if RD considers British managers, I don't believe he has already decided in principle that it must be someone already here in the UK. Furthermore, I think the only British based person in the loop will be Katrien, and she won't be gobbing to the rest of the CAFC mgmt. So from where would UK Journos get their hints about names such as Jones or Freeman? I think they are all making it up because they haven't got a clue, but the audience still,loves to play the game.
  • Di canio

If he comes in, I'll be going out. I'll have nothing to do with a club that appoints a Fascist.
  • Sponsored links:

• Rossman92 said:

Some odds on who could be next. Curbs 16/1?
    The issue I have with this is the use of the word "permanent".
  • markmc68 said:

Billy Davies. Turned us down before dowie.

Don't think he'd fit into the system would he?

Steve Clarke

Wouldn't mind but would be a little underwhelmed I think
  • Who on earth is putting money on Freedman? Can't imagine this will ever happen unless RD is adamant in pissing us all off
  • edited January 2015
    Will it be mushrooms? Fried onion rings? You'll have to wait and see. Que sera, sera etc... ( we hope its chips, its chips)

http://youtu.be/k_ukwc_AvZE
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_ukwc_AvZE
  • Steve Clarke

Eh??? - He's only just joined Reading
  • Please, please, not Freedman.
  • On BBC text this morning, they say Guy Luzon is favourite to take over as head coach.
  • Probably will be Guy Luzon,I think R.D and K.M are waiting for the dust to settle then announce it.I cannot see the Board going for any one they do not know,ie English Manager.They are waiting till after the Watford game and then that will be it.Mr,Luzon.