Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Peeters' Successor?

Comments

• Freedman is definitely in for a shout because he's young. Really don't fancy want him though.
  • Freedman makes the least sense. If Roland does appoint someone not already known to him, why would it be someone who is not only ex-Palace, but also a proven failure?
    Won't happen.
  • Addick90 said:

I think people forget curbs had us playing boring football, with an unwillingness to change much and he had hit a brick wall in terms of fresh ideas at the time he left. Yes everyone would love him back as he is a legend but give it a few months and I'm sure people will be moaning when were not playing that great football

7th in the Prem. Thrashing Liverpool. Bring it on.

If you are going to have such a young squad, an old wise head at the top would be good.
  • Luzon is 1/6 with victor chandler
  • I know it would never ever happen now but wouldn't it be great if we could get Mick McCarthy in

If we're going to waste time listing people who would make great Charlton managers but definitely, definitely aren't going to be the next Charlton manager, then I would like to see Chris Powell back as manager with Guardiola as first team coach and Joachim Low as reserve team manager.
  • Jose Riga has now said he's interested apparently. All over Twitter but don't know where it's come from.
  • Jose Riga has now said he's interested apparently. All over Twitter but don't know where it's come from.

I think he's agent was quoted in the paper saying he was re-energized and has an affinity with the club and the fans
  • I think what he really means is that he needs a job.
  • Bubble said:

Jose Riga has now said he's interested apparently. All over Twitter but don't know where it's come from.

I think he's agent was quoted in the paper saying he was re-energized and has an affinity with the club and the fans
    i.e 'I need a job.'
  • Sky Sports news will be doing a bit on Luzon shortly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Reported as in talks with us.
  • Deal signed last week then ;-(
  • @skysports_bryan: RT @SkySportsAmy: "Guy Luzon is having talks with Charlton about the vacant managerial position today. No comment from the club."
  • Looks as though its Luzon then, what a bloody pity. Odds slashed to 1/6 and now reported on Sky Sports HQ as in talks with us. If as KM says they are looking long-term we are going to be stuck with him I think for quite awhile I guess.
  • pettgra said:

Sky Sports news will be doing a bit on Luzon shortly.

Bloody hell, how little must be going on in the world of sport for that to be a feature?
  • More lies from Katrien Meire yesterday then.

she's just the PR lady, if you can't see that you need to go to specsavers!
  • dickplumb said:

You all know it is going to be Luzon. It is no good fighting it.

Dick as I just wrote on another thread, if it is Luzon, why the delay? There is a game on saturday, there is a transfer window ticking and he is already an employee of Roland Duchatelet. Somebody suggested it is a delay to try and pretend to us that there is a process. I don't buy that for one minute. A quick look at how RD has done things in Standard shows us that far from being worried about fan reaction he actually seems to enjoy making decisions that has them all on the streets raging.
    Cynical person that i am. I would think that Luzon has already been approached. There has been a kerfuffle from the Charlton fans. So they appoint Roberts and Matthew as caretakers. They wait till the storm dies down and appoint him, saying he is the best man for the job. Simples.

• Sponsored links:

• Looking like a done deal

http://youtu.be/OY71NwD3XCo

What a shock.

• Dazzler21 said:

More lies from Katrien Meire yesterday then.

she's just the PR lady, if you can't see that you need to go to specsavers!
    I can see it perfectly.
  • Definitely the end of reza now!
  • If you collate GLs results with Standard and project them over the 46 games of our season we would have 77-78 points at the end. I know that may not mean much, but before we write him off as a failure at SL.
  • dickplumb said:

dickplumb said:

You all know it is going to be Luzon. It is no good fighting it.

Dick as I just wrote on another thread, if it is Luzon, why the delay? There is a game on saturday, there is a transfer window ticking and he is already an employee of Roland Duchatelet. Somebody suggested it is a delay to try and pretend to us that there is a process. I don't buy that for one minute. A quick look at how RD has done things in Standard shows us that far from being worried about fan reaction he actually seems to enjoy making decisions that has them all on the streets raging.
    Cynical person that i am. I would think that Luzon has already been approached. There has been a kerfuffle from the Charlton fans. So they appoint Roberts and Matthew as caretakers. They wait till the storm dies down and appoint him, saying he is the best man for the job. Simples.

One day later is hardly waiting for the storm to die down!
  • If you collate GLs results with Standard and project them over the 46 games of our season we would have 77-78 points at the end. I know that may not mean much, but before we write him off as a failure at SL.

Difference being they are one of the strongest teams in that division. We're not.
  • Hope he likes the burgers.