Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Peeters' Successor?

Comments

• Doesn't take that much money to shift these markets about.

The longer it takes, the less likely it'll be Luzon, wouldn't be surprised if there is some pressure for a British coach, would have to be a young one who isn't set on the old English model of a manager doing everything.
  • If Roland wants to galvanize this club and get everyone singing from the same sheet it has to be Curbs with Matthew as no 2, maybe a expensive outlay to begin with but will save him money in the long run, Quality not quantity Roly.
    Let Curbs have a say on recruitment's but obviously use the network for injuries or if a better play becomes available.
  • please not Curbs in any position, he is too old for coach and his track record at Fulham as DoF was poor.
    Also no way Dave Jones ex Southampton and a few alleged problems there.
    I don't know who is best for us but I'd like to see one of the younger British managers come in with Mathew continuing in his previous role.
  • As we search for a new manager the days to the end of the transfer window tick away. It doesn't matter if we get Mourinho in, this squad is still too thin to compete for the rest of the season. It worries me, because either Roland just drags a load of players into the club who the new man might not want or he waits until the new man is in place, by which time it might be too late to re-shape the squad. A prospective manager might be put off by signings being brought in while there is no-one in charge so I worry that whoever we get in will have a pretty difficult time until June.
  • please not Curbs in any position, he is too old for coach and his track record at Fulham as DoF was poor.
    I don't know who is best for us but I'd like to see one of the younger British managers come in with Mathew continuing in his previous role.

Too old for coach? 57!
    Can you imagine if Man U said that to fergie lol

Curbs was at Fulham only a few weeks so how can he track record be poor? He's only 57 so not too old. As for Dave Jones, don't know if he had problems at Saints or not but he took Wolves up to the PL and Cardiff to the play off's so in a straight fight between Luzon or Jones it would be Jones all day long for me.
  • Even our search for a new boss is boring as f**k

You got that right.

Anyway, Linda Lusardi.......
  • Blimey what is happening at the bookies!!! The latest odds have changed dramatically in last few minutes-:
    Luzon 1/5, Fraeye 9/2, Freedman 11/2, Curbs 12/1.

So Luzon who had been drifting out all day yesterday and ended at 6/4 (from a starting position of 1/6) now moves back up the betting, and starts today virtually where he started yesterday. Anyone know anything as to why it's so volatile?
  • Sponsored links:

• Blimey what is happening at the bookies!!! The latest odds have changed dramatically in last few minutes-:
    Luzon 1/5, Fraeye 9/2, Freedman 11/2, Curbs 12/1.

So Luzon who had been drifting out all day yesterday and ended at 6/4 (from a starting position of 1/6) now moves back up the betting, and starts today virtually where he started yesterday. Anyone know anything as to why it's so volatile?

Maybe the story in the Standard has got non-charlton fans interested in the market and some have lumped on Luzon at 2/1 this morning.
  • CAFCDAZ said:

Hi chaps, new to the thread, enjoyed reading it for a while but thought i'd throw in a contribution. how about

Curbs coming in with Dean Kiely as a #2? given that he was released from his contract by WBA not so long ago?

I'd put Kiely straight in the team given the state of the back up keepers we've had this season!
    Completely agree with that! was actually thinking that after watching etheridge flap at about 5 crosses on saturday, reminded me of the early days of Sasa Illic
  • I wonder if all those who are pro-curbs being appointed would even be mentioning him if he hadn't of said what he said on Sky.
  • CAFCDAZ said:

CAFCDAZ said:

Hi chaps, new to the thread, enjoyed reading it for a while but thought i'd throw in a contribution. how about

Curbs coming in with Dean Kiely as a #2? given that he was released from his contract by WBA not so long ago?

I'd put Kiely straight in the team given the state of the back up keepers we've had this season!
    Completely agree with that! was actually thinking that after watching etheridge flap at about 5 crosses on saturday, reminded me of the early days of Sasa Illic
    That turned out alright!
  • CAFCsayer said:

CAFCDAZ said:

CAFCDAZ said:

That turned out alright!
    doubt lightening would strike twice at the valley!
  • It just takes a couple of people laying a fair size bet and a few posts on a message board for the odds to change.
  • It just takes a couple of people laying a fair size bet and a few posts on a message board for the odds to change.

Yes, it's a pretty small market. I can't imagine the next Charlton head coach being the main topic of conversation at Paddy Power or Ladbroke's

Yes, it's a pretty small market. I can't imagine the next Charlton head coach being the main topic of conversation at Paddy Power or Ladbroke's
    Hope you're both right...I really don't think Luzon will be the right person, we need a manager/head coach who knows English leagues at least and has worked in them.
  • I think people forget curbs had us playing boring football, with an unwillingness to change much and he had hit a brick wall in terms of fresh ideas at the time he left. Yes everyone would love him back as he is a legend but give it a few months and I'm sure people will be moaning when were not playing that great football
  • Sponsored links:

• You have to laugh at the bookies. Skybet, for example, are currently 6/4 (GL), 7/4 (DF) & 9/4 (KF) the front three.

So, assuming they lay for similar liabilities all three they will make 7% on turnover should one of those three get the job plus all the money they've taken on Curbs, Matthew, Sherwood etc etc.

Of course, they are also only too aware, as hopefully most on here are, that we could easily end up employing the current Ujpest Dozsa third team manager - who won't even be quoted - meaning that the bookies have cleaned up on the market.
  • Out of all the realistic options I want Matthews to get it until the end of the season.

Out of all the realistic options I want Matthews to get it until the end of the season.

Bernard Matthews?
    At least the football would be Bootiful.

We've got enough turkeys already.

• You all know it is going to be Luzon. It is no good fighting it.
  • I know it would never ever happen now but wouldn't it be great if we could get Mick McCarthy in
  • dickplumb said:

You all know it is going to be Luzon. It is no good fighting it.

Dick as I just wrote on another thread, if it is Luzon, why the delay? There is a game on saturday, there is a transfer window ticking and he is already an employee of Roland Duchatelet. Somebody suggested it is a delay to try and pretend to us that there is a process. I don't buy that for one minute. A quick look at how RD has done things in Standard shows us that far from being worried about fan reaction he actually seems to enjoy making decisions that has them all on the streets raging.
  • Even our search for a new boss is boring as f**k

I would disagree mate. I thought it was on Sunday when we looked set to appoint Luzon. But now after giving it to DM and BR for Saturday, it looks less likely we are going to appoint him and the whole curbs interview and reaction has actually given me quite a hard on.
  • God I hope we don't appoint Luzon. Would kill it for me. Genuinely think I'd rather Freedman than Luzon and that's saying a lot cos I cannot abide the sweaty Nigel turd
  • edited January 2015
    I don't think it will Luzon he surely would be announced by now, I think Matthews and Roberts will at least be in change at Watford
  • dickplumb said:

You all know it is going to be Luzon. It is no good fighting it.

there is a transfer window ticking
    Bless.