Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Peeters' Successor?

Comments

• Wow, Luzon almost evens now

Only because more people lumping onto the AC bandwagon.

• I'm just worried about the number of Lose-on puns.
  • If my Swindon bet wins tonight I might throw money on Luzon at these prices
  • So either a smokescreen so we're not angry when we get Luzon or a random guy.

Or the club is genuinely in the search of a new long term manager with experience. Hopefully that.

• Wow, Luzon almost evens now

Only because more people lumping onto the AC bandwagon.

Agreed. People really should ignore next manager markets.
  • I'm just worried about the number of Lose-on puns.

Time to get the ball rolling, then:

He'll only Luz-on Saturdays.

• It wont be Riga. Through work I see a certain Mr Oyston and according to him, Riga was not sacked at Blackpool for football reasons. Allegedly he was up to the same things at the Valley hence why he went and why he wont be taken back. Sorry before anyone asks but I will not say the reasons.

No disrespect, stockport but do you seriously believe anything Mr Oyston tells you ?

I'm sure the Blackpool fans don't.....

No disrespect Fanny, but you were not aware of the context of the conversation or the other people involved, I was. I guarantee had you been you would change your opinion ;)

• CAFCDAZ said:

Hi chaps, new to the thread, enjoyed reading it for a while but thought i'd throw in a contribution. how about

Curbs coming in with Dean Kiely as a #2? given that he was released from his contract by WBA not so long ago?

I'd put Kiely straight in the team given the state of the back up keepers we've had this season!
  • edited January 2015
    Luzon now 6/5 from 1/6 this morning....Fraeye 9/4 from 11/1....Freedman 7/2 from nowhere and Curbs drifted back out to 16/1 from he lowest price of 12/1

Freedman on the move the most and I'm worried about that!
  • Sponsored links:

• Problem is out of the supposed candidates I want hardly any and definitely don't want most of them.
  • The bookies know diddly just like us.

What the bookies do know is when money comes in you shorten the odds.

For Freedman to go from 66-1 to 7/2 that's because a lot of money is going on him ?

Why thou ?

The short odds on Luzon were essentially the bookies hearing the same stories as everyone else and expecting his appointment already. With that not happening and the club (claiming to be) doing a proper recruitment process this time it seems the bookies really don't know anything we don't.
  • edited January 2015

The bookies know diddly just like us.

100% correct after Parkinson got sacked, i'm sure Dennis Wise was odds on.
  • Surely the longer the job isn't filled the LESS likely it is Luzon will be coming in?

Personally i'm surprised Luzon hasn't already been appointed if he was definitely in-coming.

Riga coming in was pretty much announced in the same sentance as Powell being sacked while Peeters was appointed quite swiftly once Riga had gone and that was only because he was Waasland Beveren manager at the time.

Luzon is probably doing nothing that could stop him being appointed by now?
  • Surely the longer the job isn't filled the LESS likely it is Luzon will be coming in?

Personally i'm surprised Luzon hasn't already been appointed if he was definitely in-coming.

Riga coming in was pretty much announced in the same sentance as Powell being sacked while Peeters was appointed quite swiftly once Riga had gone and that was only because he was Waasland Beveren manager at the time.

Luzon is probably doing nothing that could stop him being appointed by now?

Agree. The longer they take, the less likely it will be a "network" placement.
  • Why would Luzon join Charlton? Wasn't he sacked by RD at Standard?
    I guess Riga was in the same boat and still joined us
  • Chuck said:

Why would Luzon join Charlton? Wasn't he sacked by RD at Standard?

Riga quit I think.
  • Chuck said:

Luzon was sacked but RD wanted him kept in the network apparently
  • Sponsored links:

For Freedman to go from 66-1 to 7/2 that's because a lot of money is going on him ?

Why thou ?

Well I don't know how Freedman has got into the picture either. He won't be known to either RD, Katrien or Fraeye if he's advising ? Murray wouldn't be advocating him surely. Very odd.

• Chuck said:

Luzon was sacked but RD wanted him kept in the network apparently
    Send him to Ujpest then.

Why thou ?

Well I don't know how Freedman has got into the picture either. He won't be known to either RD, Katrien or Fraeye if he's advising ? Murray wouldn't be advocating him surely. Very odd.

Its the Freedman odds that worry me as well, he has hardly been mentioned on here or other forums that i've checked, yet he was a rank outsider and moves to 3rd favorite.....bookies don't often get it wrong...someone is promoting him surely?

Why thou ?

Its the Freedman odds that worry me as well, he has hardly been mentioned on here or other forums that i've checked, yet he was a rank outsider and moves to 3rd favorite.....bookies don't often get it wrong...someone is promoting him surely?
    Some bitter palarse fan maybe
  • I was expecting Luzon to be announced today for the same reason others on here have suggested. Now that that has not happened, I confident it won't be him. Much as Curbs is a 100% Charlton legend, I think too much time has passed since he was last here. So much has changed, not least AC himself I suspect. So I still hope its Riga, as we all know what he can achieve right now. That would be a very safe and sensible move.

As for Freedman's rise up the list of runners, colour me worried!

Why thou ?

Maybe if the favourite is Freedman, then we'll all be relieved when RD says "I could never appoint someone with such strong Palace connections" and cheer him to the rafters when Luzon takes over...
  • Anyone but curbs!
  • Who started betting on Freedman?