Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Peeters' Successor?

Comments

• More miserable than Tony Mowbray ?
  • Good timing Alan, great minds and all that.
  • Just seen that freedman is 6/1 on bet victor

After 42 years, I think I'd have to call it a day if that nonentity got anywhere near our club.

• A bit surprised nothing has been announced yet actually

If, as expected, someone has been lined up for a period of time, you would imagine that they are taking training this morning and will have some sort of press conference at 2ish?
    If they were taking training this morning, we'd know about it already.
    Why? You hiding in the bushes?
    No but you can bet there are plenty of paps and hack journo's hoping for a scoop.
    Not so sure, hardly as desirable as we once were for a scoop
    That's why I specifically said 'hack journo's', there are some desperate people out there!
  • Stop teasing Jimmy you cheeky boy, c'mon who is it?
  • Just seen that freedman is 6/1 on bet victor

ffs no no no.
  • The bookies just pluck names out of nowhere. Martin Jol and Roy Keane? OK. Nonsense.
  • Freedman was 25/1 this morning now gone into 6/1. Hmmm.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dave Jones is the latest
  • edited January 2015

Curbs' recommendation to succeed him at the time.
  • Dave Jones....return of a Charlton legend player, step forward Mr Jay Boothroyd.
  • He's usually bang on with his info.

Fuck sake I'd just put a tenner on Matthews

He is to be fair. Pretty clued up, especially when it comes to us.
  • edited January 2015
    I would take Dave Jones over another foreign coach with no Championship experience but we all know we are going to get an RD puppet.
  • I wonder what @operationpig makes of Dave Jones?
  • Dave Jones would be shit, Curbs was still managing the last time he has done anything approaching a good job. Cardiff were stacked and he couldn't get them promoted.
  • The fact that a non-network coach/manager has even got a mention from a journo I've heard of is interesting.

I'm not a big fan of Jones (miserable whinger), but that rumour would suggest that they are looking at British managers who know the league and that would be a good thing.

(Now watch them confirm Luzon in the next 10 minutes)
  • Sponsored links:

• Dave Jones wouldn't be the worst option. Don't think he'd pull up too many trees but equally would probably stabilise us in mid-table until the end of the season
  • The fact that a non-network coach/manager has even got a mention from a journo I've heard of is interesting.

I'm not a big fan of Jones (miserable whinger), but that rumour would suggest that they are looking at British managers who know the league and that would be a good thing.

(Now watch them confirm Luzon in the next 10 minutes)

It's either been leaked by the club to make it look they're looking outside the network or we are genuinely considering options beyond the recycled network rubbish….Karel Fraeye has dropped to 4/1. He was at 16s this morning.
  • Watching the United/Southampton game yesterday and the camera picked out Ron Atkinson in the crowd.

What's he up to lately? Is he chairman of Desailly's fan club?
  • I would take Dave Jones over another foreign coach with no Championship experience but we all know we are going to get an RD puppet.

A Belgian or Belgian league manager probably but that doesn't make them a puppet (or yes man) does it? I wouldn't say Riga or Peeters were puppets.
  • Can i throw Vital Borkelmans into the mix. According to someone on Not606 he is down the training ground.
  • Belgian asst mgr...hmmm
  • Scoham said:

I would take Dave Jones over another foreign coach with no Championship experience but we all know we are going to get an RD puppet.

A Belgian or Belgian league manager probably but that doesn't make them a puppet (or yes man) does it? I wouldn't say Riga or Peeters were puppets.
    So do you think they had any say in the players that we brought in ?
  • dickplumb said:

Can i throw Vital Borkelmans into the mix. According to someone on Not606 he is down the training ground.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vital_Borkelmans

Would be an upgrade. Belgium's assistant manager.They certainly seem to look within the national team's set-up. I remember Johan Walem being linked before Peeters.