Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Peeters' Successor?

Comments

• edited January 2015
    cafcfan said:

pettgra said:

Peter Taylor was at the ground yesterday. Mind you that could be for a variety of reasons.

Funnily enough, I was going to ask if "anyone" special had been spied in the Directors' Box yesterday .

This guy was there on Saturday, he's a good shout: if we're going to get screwed anyway, it might as well be by a professional.

Ron Jeremy? Great manager.good with balls and knows where the target is.
    Down side is he more often than not likes coming last.
  • Di canio

I hope that's a joke.
    I think just until the end of season someone to go in there shake the players up just my opinion.

• cafcfan said:

pettgra said:

Peter Taylor was at the ground yesterday. Mind you that could be for a variety of reasons.

Funnily enough, I was going to ask if "anyone" special had been spied in the Directors' Box yesterday .

This guy was there on Saturday, he's a good shout: if we're going to get screwed anyway, it might as well be by a professional.

Punches waaay above his weight mind
  • Luzon was rated enough by M.Duchatelet to be given a two year extension at Liege and he's still on the payroll. That was when Liege finished first in their league but then failed to beat any of the competition in their play-offs so they then had to try to qualify for champions league via an impossible route. They won in Greece but knocked out by Zenith St Petersburg.

He managed three of our players last season, Bulot, Ben Haim and Buyens - two of them played 38 times for him in a winning team.

Last summer M.Duchatelet sold a lot of talent from Liege for a lot of money and Luzon failed to make the new squad work. So he took a fall. Since then Liege have climbed back to the edge of their play-offs.

So Luzon rated and still on the network payroll and signed Watt. And Fraeye dropping hints.

Sounds like a Luzon Fraeye team perhaps? Ideally followed by a couple of signings so we can get a win asap.

Before we judge the decision or replacement let's see how we play in our next couple of games. I suspect it will be a decent performance... New coach bounce etc. I look forward to reading the opinions of the Charlton community after they've seen us vs Rotherham. A win in that game and normal service is resumed!

'Rated by Duchatelet.' What an endorsement.
  • brogib said:

cafcfan said:

pettgra said:

Punches waaay above his weight mind
    Cheers Roly.
  • edited January 2015
    Jose Riga baby!
    Jose Riga baaaaaaaby!

Sadly its gonna be Luzon though. Must be a good reason why he's odds-on.
  • Well if it is Guy Luzon there is a perfect song that could be sung (to the tune of "He's one of our own")

He's one of Roland's... He's one of Roland's
    Oh Guy Luzon... He's one of Roland's
  • Out of all the realistic options I want Matthews to get it until the end of the season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Out of all the realistic options I want Matthews to get it until the end of the season.

I hope this happens. I wonder what RD would do if he did a good job.
  • Linda Lusardi.....shit, wrong thread

Bernard Matthews?

Bernard Matthews?
    At least the football would be Bootiful.

• cafcfan said:

pettgra said:

Down side is he more often than not likes coming last.
    That's Jay Rayner. Have you ever seen them together?

• edited January 2015

Jose Riga baby!
    Jose Riga baaaaaaaby!

How is it possible to get the words wrong to that song! ... :-)
    I guess it takes a special talent
  • Rumours on Twitter Riga was at the ground yesterday….also rumours on Twitter that Luzon will be appointed today.
  • Can we have a manager that doesn't say "in this moment" please
  • Sponsored links:

• Watch the odds on Curbs shorten after his interview on SSN...
  • Rumours on Twitter Riga was at the ground yesterday….also rumours on Twitter that Luzon will be appointed today.

Riga was hiding in the toilets.

• Guy Luzon 1/6
    Karel Fraeye 8/1
    Alan Curbishley 14/1
    Rene Meulensteen 14/1
    Tim Sherwood 14/1
    Brian McDermott 16/1
    Damian Matthew 16/1
    Jose Riga 16/1
    Martin Jol 20/1
    Karl Robinson 20/1
    Iain Dowie 20/1
    Kit Symons 20/1
    Alex McLeish 20/1
    Paul Jewell 25/1
    Paulo Di Canio 25/1
    Owen Coyle 25/1
    Felix Magath 28/1
    Roy Keane 28/1

nothing changed yet…..
  • any chance of Gary Rowett?
  • Shrew said:

Guy Luzon 1/6
    Karel Fraeye 8/1
    Alan Curbishley 14/1
    Rene Meulensteen 14/1
    Tim Sherwood 14/1
    Brian McDermott 16/1
    Damian Matthew 16/1
    Jose Riga 16/1
    Martin Jol 20/1
    Karl Robinson 20/1
    Iain Dowie 20/1
    Kit Symons 20/1
    Alex McLeish 20/1
    Paul Jewell 25/1
    Paulo Di Canio 25/1
    Owen Coyle 25/1
    Felix Magath 28/1
    Roy Keane 28/1

nothing changed yet…..

He was 20/1 when I looked earlier.
  • I had a few quid on Fraeye earlier when he was 16's with sky bet.
  • PDC at 25/1-----must be the Rainbows lumping the money on him
  • A bit surprised nothing has been announced yet actually
  • A bit surprised nothing has been announced yet actually

Me too. Peeters had been on the ropes for a while and both Peeters and Riga not working. One hopes that they are nailing transfer budget / targets but dream on!