Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Peeters' Successor?

Comments

• Problem with Luzon is that half the squad we have now is Liege reserve players who couldn't make the first team. That won't be great for morale for Ben Haim, Buyens, Bulot and George
  • Can't work out why you wouldn't give the job to Riga.

He's within the network
    Players like him
    Fans like him
    Championship experience

It's an obvious choice for me, 100% expect it to be Luzon or Fraeye though.

He doesn't want it?
    Possibly but I think he would, he wasn't sacked by RD.
    He wasn't sacked but I'm sure he was expecting to be given the job like we all were, he definitely wanted it otherwise he wouldn't have gone straight back into management surely would he?

I don't know how it ended, maybe they finished on good terms but i doubt it and doubt he will come back. Hope I'm wrong though.
  • I thought that the name/word 'Luzon' was familiar:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luzon
  • Apart from dowie, I would have anyone on that list over Luzon. I don't even know the bloke but id rather have Roy keane or di canio then him.

LOL just reading back at what I've wrote and thinking what the feck is going on at our club

I'd rather Sherwood than Riy Keane

But then again I'd take cutting off my own ears with a spoon over Tim Sherwood

• no man is an island ((:>)
  • Luzon
    Great another manager with f##k championship experience
  • I thought that the name/word 'Luzon' was familiar:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luzon

"The name Luzon is thought to be derived from the Tagalog word lusong, which is a large wooden mortar used in winnowing rice"

hmmm... but what does this mean in terms of our new manager??
  • Who I want.

Nathan Jones or Damien Matthews.

Who we'll get

Luton or Fraeye.

Someone texted me Nathan Jones earlier....like you say we'll end up with Luzza.
  • Sponsored links:

• Would love to see Sherwood. Honestly think he is exactly the kind of manager we need to get this group of players going again.
  • Another Belgian based manager that will get the boot in May, regardless of what happens on the pitch
  • RD should grovel to Riga and promise him any player he wants in the next three weeks. He won't of course, but he should!
  • RD should grovel to Riga and promise him any player he wants in the next three weeks. He won't of course, but he should!

Alexis Sanchez?
  • I doubt if it will be a British coach; someone from within the Belgian 'mafia' is my guess. Whoever gets the nod will inherit a squad lacking quality and depth and more importantly, the real fighting spirit that has typified our club long before Roland took over. Dark days ahead chaps (and chapesses). This is not the Charlton I have supported for some 50 years and I am losing the will to carry on. The question is: "Do they really care?" ... I fear I know the answer.
  • Rossman92 said:

RD should grovel to Riga and promise him any player he wants in the next three weeks. He won't of course, but he should!

Alexis Sanchez?
    Alexis Carrington would be a step up from some of the rubbish he's foisted on us in the last year.
  • It wont be Riga. Through work I see a certain Mr Oyston and according to him, Riga was not sacked at Blackpool for football reasons. Allegedly he was up to the same things at the Valley hence why he went and why he wont be taken back. Sorry before anyone asks but I will not say the reasons.
  • You may laugh at Sherwood, but would you seriously rather see ANOTHER unknown Belgian with no knowledge or passion for the English game
  • Harsh decision. Hope it's someone proven at Championship level at least but suspect it'll be from RDs collection
  • Sponsored links:

• I think we are going to get someone who is way out of left field, someone not mentioned yet and who will make us all go wow, didnt see that coming.
  • It wont be Riga. Through work I see a certain Mr Oyston and according to him, Riga was not sacked at Blackpool for football reasons. Allegedly he was up to the same things at the Valley hence why he went and why he wont be taken back. Sorry before anyone asks but I will not say the reasons.

Oysten would have came out and said something.
  • edited January 2015
    I'll say it again .. I'd like to see John Jackson get the job .. Gary Monk at Swansea has not done too badly as an internal player to manager promotion

That's a very odd one ? Not heard of anything either from Charlton end or Blackpool about any inpropriety from Riga. Surely something would have come to light.

• Victor Chandler have just put up their market and have Luzon at Evens.
    Like finding money in the street surely?
  • Sophie Aldred. Good scouting connections on the planet Zarkon VII.
  • Jackson alongside Matthew for me.
  • Matthews with Euell and Jackson as assistants / coaches please.