Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Leicester close in on Ben Hamer (ed. GONE)

Comments

• MSE7 said:

Every team needs a ok number two. That's all he will be.

An ok number two is always very important
  • Fabiański: "Many clubs have expressed an interest in my services, I definitely won't be unemployed." Staying in England "probably preferred"

Come on Roland...admittedly he'll probably go to a Premier League side.
  • CAFCsayer said:

haven't read any of the other posts on here but all I will say is someone ask Hamer to talk to Robbie Elliott & see if he has enjoyed his 3 matches in 2 seasons............

I'm sure he has... Done fuck all work and is probabyly nigh on a millionaire

No probably methinks
  • has he gone yet?
  • Went Friday apparently.
  • markmc68 said:

Went Friday apparently.

Nothing on the OS ?

• dickplumb said:

Didn't Thuram go back to SL?

Now, I know that (most of) what Mr Murray said at the Trust evening bask in December (?) didn't come to fruition - but if memory serves me correctly, he said that Thuram was actually on a permanent deal for a 'number' of years despite being reported as on loan.

• dickplumb said:

Didn't Thuram go back to SL?

Now, I know that (most of) what Mr Murray said at the Trust evening bask in December (?) didn't come to fruition - but if memory serves me correctly, he said that Thuram was actually on a permanent deal for a 'number' of years despite being reported as on loan.

God help us.
  • As John McEnroe used to say, you cannot be serious.
  • Sponsored links:

• Good god.
  • As I say, I am pretty sure (99%) that is what he said.
  • If Hamer wants go on and sit on the bench for Leicester, let him.

Looking forward to seeing Pope get a chance next season.
  • Derek1952 said:

Could we have Ben Alnwick back? he is a free agent

Agree Alnwick alongside Pope would bee good cover.. They could compete for number one..
  • Only if Alnwick has overcome whatever issues caused him to be released by Orient.
  • edited May 2014

Derek1952 said:

Could we have Ben Alnwick back? he is a free agent

Agree Alnwick alongside Pope would bee good cover.. They could compete for number one..
    Alnwick left Orient for personal/medical reasons... Not sure what they are, but from what I have read a return seems unlikely.

"He signed from Charlton at the end of January but made only one appearance - at Rotherham on 1 February - before being unavailable for personal reasons"

"However, a week later, it was announced that Alnwick was suffering from unspecified medical problems, and was unable to train or play."
  • hamer will sign on thursday
  • Kasper Schmeichel is reportedly ready to end speculation over his future by signing a new four-year deal with Leicester. (Sky Football News)
  • @LoOkOuT‌ Were you at the meeting? Am I wrong?
  • Sponsored links:

• hamer will sign on thursday

Whats Hamer going to sign on Thursday?
  • edited May 2014
    Alnwick's son was born blind and he needed to take time out from the game.. He is now back in the market and wants to stay nearby so his son can continue seeing g he same doctor.. perfect for a come back!

One point I do think a lot of people are missing g about the players brought in in January is that Roland came in with not long of the transfer window left he needed a quick fix to make sure we stayed up! There were numerous reports of us being in for players Eagles best swp however they didn't work out so he had to do the best he could with what he had available ie the network! Those players were brought in as a quick fix to make a difference.. I do not think we can just assume Roland strategy for this summer will be the same.. He has time and knows more what is required! We have to wait and see..
  • @LoOkOuT‌ Were you at the meeting? Am I wrong?

Every media outlet I have seen says that Thuram was signed on loan to the end of the Season. So I unless they are all wrong he has gone back to SL

• Murray meeting was early February - full write up on Trust website...
    Thuram, Ajdarevic and Koc are (I believe) signed permanently to Liege and loaned to us until end of this month... whereas polish Pete and Nego signed to us.
    There was also talk at the Murray meeting of signing up to three premiership loans at that time which simply didn't happen.
    Some combination of Pope, Hamer, Alnwick and Thuram is possible for next season. I don't think we will be better nor worse in this area.
  • dickplumb said:

@LoOkOuT‌ Were you at the meeting? Am I wrong?

Every media outlet I have seen says that Thuram was signed on loan to the end of the Season. So I unless they are all wrong he has gone back to SL

Agreed, even the OS said loan (I believe), but Murray seemed to think differently.

• Born blind but will continue seeing the same doctor. That is encouraging! :-)
  • Murray meeting was early February - full write up on Trust website...
    Thuram, Ajdarevic and Koc are (I believe) signed permanently to Liege and loaned to us until end of this month... whereas polish Pete and Nego signed to us.
    There was also talk at the Murray meeting of signing up to three premiership loans at that time which simply didn't happen.
    Some combination of Pope, Hamer, Alnwick and Thuram is possible for next season. I don't think we will be better nor worse in this area.

Without being funny, if Hamer is off leaving us Pope Alnwick and Thuram if you are corrected. Pope is very inexperienced at this level, his experience is at the lowest level of professional football, granted he's done very well, it's a bit different behind a 20k crowd away from home being booed, a bad day may hurt his confidence. Alnwick's head may not be 100% in the game, and that would be understandable, and with time away from the game he will need time to regain his form. And Thuram let's not even go there, can't even trust him to travel to the match let alone perform at it..

If we lose Hamer we need to sign an assured proven keeper imo, especially if we are to lose some of our more trusted defenders. All if's and but's but we cant rely on Pope to be our 1st choice keeper all season, he's very young and I saw some sides of his game he needs to work on watching him at York.
  • Redrobo said:

Born blind but will continue seeing the same doctor. That is encouraging! :-)

I don't get what you mean.